Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

cmd, dos, command line info

what is a good resource that i can read (preferably free ebook available) that i can learn some CMD commands and command line stuff?

And maybe some linux stuff? i have ubantu for my personal netbook, and its pretty cool and i keep seeing stuff on how to make it better (tweaks/mods) but its all in command line format. now i can do that but i have to have a seperate compter open with the 'how-to' so i can do it so yes i can follow directions but i wish to learn more on that kind of programming and etc...

and how mark zuckerberg did some of the stuff he did (in the movie is what im refering to..) is that programming code or what?

Im pretty noobish to this kind of stuff but i can learn quickly..

Or for those advanced computer literate peeps out there, do u think learning "android" os would be better?

Not looking to do super advanced stuff, but to just have some fun learn some cool useful things..

add one more thing...
    back when i was in HS, being in upperlevel math classes we had to have the graphing calculators and i learned some programming things on there.. really simple things but it was pretty cool cuz i just read the manual on what the individual commands were but nothing on how to string them together. I learned that by playing around with it.
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 11-27-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    what is a good resource that i can read (preferably free ebook available) that i can learn some CMD commands and command line stuff?

And maybe some linux stuff? i have ubantu for my personal netbook, and its pretty cool and i keep seeing stuff on how to make it better (tweaks/mods) but its all in command line format. now i can do that but i have to have a seperate compter open with the 'how-to' so i can do it so yes i can follow directions but i wish to learn more on that kind of programming and etc...

and how mark zuckerberg did some of the stuff he did (in the movie is what im refering to..) is that programming code or what?

Im pretty noobish to this kind of stuff but i can learn quickly..

Or for those advanced computer literate peeps out there, do u think learning "android" os would be better?

Not looking to do super advanced stuff, but to just have some fun learn some cool useful things..

add one more thing...
    back when i was in HS, being in upperlevel math classes we had to have the graphing calculators and i learned some programming things on there.. really simple things but it was pretty cool cuz i just read the manual on what the individual commands were but nothing on how to string them together. I learned that by playing around with it.
    Start with learning a language. Python is pretty easy and powerful.

Books and youtube are good starters.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    If your wanting to learn Linux/Unix linuxcbt.com has great material where they take you through step by step; lots of torrents out there contain linuxcbt and other training materials.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    What do you recommend?

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    I would recommend a general book on Linux, or maybe something more specific on Debian or Ubuntu... Debian is a great distro to learn because many others were developed from it (like Ubuntu). Learning this will also help you with learning a bit about Android, since is Linux/Unix based as well.

This is a great course: http://www.linuxcbt.com/products_lin...6x_edition.php but kind of boring; however it will teach you all the basics. For books "Beginning Ubuntu Linux" and "Ubuntu Unleashed" are both very good. Let me know if you need to know more...

Thread Information