Thread: SD to DVD

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

SD to DVD

Whats the easiest way to transfer video form a SD card to DVD?

Do I need to buy the software and then then burn it from my computer or is there an easier way?

Thanks
    Last edited by marcus300; 01-10-2012 at 07:54 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    I had a similar problem trying to get .avi on to dvd and was told to use this program
    http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2746223/2207853/
    Very simple to use, just select what files you want, the program will convert them to a format playable on your dvd player then burn them to a dvd, depending on size of file and speed of laptop it may take up to 30 - 40 mins from start to finish, conversion of file to burnt on to dvd but you can just start the process and walk away from it or leave it run in background, you will also need a torrent client such as uTorrent to download the program from the link above, hope this helps

What do you mean about a torrent client?

Ive always just plugged my camera into the TV if I wanted to play a video but this time I want to transfer it to a DVD. Ive downloaded the video to my computer and put some transition inbetween the videos and now need to burn it to a dvd but having problems. Everywhere I read tells me I need software!!

I can do most things with pictures but video is something new to me to be honest

DanB is offline Banned
    Torrents work by dividing the target file into small information chunks, found on an unlimited number of different hosts. Through this method, torrents are able to download large files quickly. When a client (the recipient of a target file) has initiated a torrent download, the chunks of target file that are needed can be found easily, based on the data from the torrent itself. Once all the chunks are downloaded the client can assemble them into a usable form.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ taken from wikipedia
    and here is link for torrent client http://www.utorrent.com/
    its just how most programs, music, films are downloaded these days
    to play on dvd player it needs to be in mpeg-2 format which is what the first program i linked will convert to and also burn to dvd where as it can be in any format when just plugged directly into tv like you done previously
    so basically firstly you need to download and install this torrent client http://www.utorrent.com/
    then go to the site linked here, http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2746223/2207853/
    click download torrent,uTorrent will then open up and ask what location on pc to download to, select one of your choice, when download is complete go into folder it created and the setup wizard should be in there and possiblly a '' read me'' file containing instructions on how to install and use program,
    when its installed, open program, insert blank dvd, click on file, add video file, select the file and follow any on screen instructions, click convert and thats it done, dvd will pop out when completed
    you can also speed it up by clicking action, conversion priority and changing priority level to ''time critical'' but this may slightly slow down any other applications you are using, if you have any problems just give us a shout i should be able to talk you through them

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Are you running windows 7, vista or xp.....

Im on a Win7 machine and if you click start and search for ''Windows dvd maker'' you will find a program that should help you out...

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    it depends on what you want to do...

do you just want to move the vid you made onto a dvd the same way you moved the vid from your sd to your hard drive? in that case you can just copy (drag and drop) it to a dvd assuming you have a dvd writer (burner).

if you want to make a dvd that has the same directory and menu structure as a commercial movie dvd that is playable in most consumer dvd players then you need dvd authoring software like nero which will take the vid and convert it and create the menu's and such.

also, many new dvd players can also play the video from a dvd you simply copied the original (or in your case the one you edited) to in the manner I described first above (drag and drop copy)

like baseline said, new operating systems have a dvd maker preinstalled (for making the fancy commercial like dvd's with the menu's and stuff) and should also be able to burn a file to a cd/dvd via drag and drop copy, so look there first

Thanks for the info

I will try some of your ideas out

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I just take my SD card to an asian man that has this camera shop. $10 and day later I have it on a DVD.

^^ Now that sounds better

Dytum is offline Junior Member
    Need more info, you can transfer a file over and burn it with a range of programs...but you first need to ensure its in a format that will be read by your dvd player...if not just burn!

Thread Information