yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy Do i need to know programming to create an SQL database?

I am getting back into IT, and i am learning has much has i can, i am reading SQL 2005 for dummies, from what i am seeing you need to have some programming basic to work in SQL.

Not sure if i need a lot of programming or there are wizards and menus to help me true this?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know much at all but at my previous job acted as the go between our company and the programmers and yes I would think what you can do in SQL without knowing some Basic is very.....well Basic...OHH CHRIST!

On a good note Basic is very easy to learn as its a lot more logical/familiar particularly VB than most languages.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I don't know much at all but at my previous job acted as the go between our company and the programmers and yes I would think what you can do in SQL without knowing some Basic is very.....well Basic...OHH CHRIST!

On a good note Basic is very easy to learn as its a lot more logical/familiar particularly VB than most languages.
    thanks i guess i can look into this and find some courses on the internet

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Yea; typically you would need to know SQL syntax to work with databases... But SQL is a very easy language to learn, and you can pick it up fast. There are many tools that make programing in SQL a lot easier, but you would need an understanding of the language in order to use these tools effectively.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I only know how to use SQL for SQL injection...

ziggypiggy is offline New Member
    You need to know SQL syntax, but imo, SQL isn't considered a "programming language". SQL is just a bunch of commands that you issue to query information out of a database, which makes it much easier than learning a full programming language. I'd say the difficulty is somewhat analogous to learning HTML

eazy3333 is offline New Member
    SQL is the easiest languange to work with. Instead of reading, it's much easier to work with a database and maybe use a book as a referrence where you need it.

eightythree is offline Junior Member
    If you are JUST creating mySQL databases it's pretty easy.

Thread Information