frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"

computer running like sh!t

if anyone is a computer guy and can help me out that would be pretty sweet
    computer:hp pavilion dv7 1127cl

problem: anytime my computer shuts down or gos into sleep mode when i try and start it back up it runs but the computer screen stays black i noticed that some lights were blinking so i figured it was a problem code looked it up it says that the cpu is not working properly? so basically Ive been just turning it off and on till it starts up witch im shore will stop working eventually

weird things iv noticed:computer is running louder and my web browser is Firefox and on its own it keeps changing my browser to bing

things iv tried:taking it apart cleaning it running a full system virus scan malware scan updating everything trying a restore point also this computer has nothing really on it just for email and web browsing also tried hard rest taking battery out

eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    Open up the bottom and reseat the RAM modules, blow some air into the seat for it to get any dust particles out, wipe the connectors on the RAM with a microfiber cloth if you have one then reseat.

I've worked in a laptop repair center and usually when the machine is on and the screen is black, most likley the RAM modules just need to be reseated, otherwise it could be a variety of other problems that might need the attention of a technician.

Have you still got warranty?

GeoBuilder is offline Junior Member
    You may also try installing ccleaner , to clear out some unnecessary files and processes. But like eazyduzit said try reseating your ram and blowing out dust with some canned air. Good luck

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    thanks for the replies guys the computer completely died i had to buy a new one so problem solved

Thread Information