Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmaousley

Thread: Secure email all being shut down....

barack_obama is offline New Member

Secure email all being shut down....

So what all still works out there? With all of the old school popular places already shut down or threatening to based on recent USA stupidity, what is everyone using to communicate now?

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hushmail.com

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Hushmail.com
    Hushmail rolled on everyone like 5 years ago and nobody smart has used them since.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    IP spoofing and bouncing off truly anonymous proxies that don't spill variables is still my preferred method. Can't bust me if you can't trace me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte

Hushmail rolled on everyone like 5 years ago and nobody smart has used them since.
    No way, I didn't know that!! I've stopped using them 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man
    IP spoofing and bouncing off truly anonymous proxies that don't spill variables is still my preferred method. Can't bust me if you can't trace me.
    That's what I'm going to be adding soon to my home computer, any preferred programs?

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Don't use a program except to hunt for level 1 proxies. You can find them on the web too but they die fast because everybody else knows about them, too.
    spoofing isn't very secure since it still originates at your cable or dsl modem and you can't spoof that or mess with the MAC address. It's highly traceable. Still better than nothing.

I was going to purchase a VPN program that hides and changes my IP address I believe, it changes ever few mins while online...
    Last edited by FONZY007; 08-26-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here are my thoughts on this. With the amount of concern there is for real threats to our national security, large scale criminal enterprise, hackers, etc.) and the amount of money being spent to detect suspicious traffic and subsequently crack any methods of cloaking identity or disguising communications, I would be scared to employ most of these tools.

I would like to think that anything I do that is illegal is of minor interest to law enforcement and probably not worth the effort of pursuing, however if I start sneaking around and some one spends 10-100 thousand worth of resources and time only to discover what I am really up to, I feel at that point they would be likely to proceed to prosecution.

Same thing I tell my God-daughter if she is buying a gram of weed from some dumbass who insists on her using some cryptic wording, use another person or she may well wind up as part of an investigation one day. Realistically the local police have a lot better things to do than investigate a hairdresser who sells his coworkers a few gms on Friday but you can bet your ass if they think its kilos of coke and spend a month to develop a CI they will proceed with the process.

Just food for thought on another way of looking at things.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Gmail because I do not give a fvck what anyone sees.
    ickythump likes this.

BarneyBhoy is offline Junior Member
    Is there anyone on here that can help I use the app and since I downloaded it I haven't ever had to log in now it says I have to and I can't remember my password is there and way of resetting it

noon is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to meet in a dark alley behind a bowling alley if possible

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yes, from what I remember at that time hushmail turned into an open book during ORD.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

cc5501 is offline Junior Member
    Email was never meant to be secure, period. It's transported (regardless of what proxies, etc. you use) not encrypted. You can encrypt it, but I don't think it's worth it and both sides need to support it.

TOR is really one of the only ways, but may raise flags. Good presentation here: Anonymous Internet Communication Done Right [SIGINT10] - YouTube

If it was me, I'd set up a website on a server I control, strongly encrypt some documents and upload/download them. And then use TOR to get them there.

For simple shit, just use a password protected ZIP or PDF or something. No one gives a shit unless you're doing something really illegal.

I could talk about this stuff all day. Did you know that if a major crime is committed any police agency can get from any cell carrier all the cell phone that were connected to the nearest towers? Boom you're a suspect. No warrants needed. They can also get to/from/phone numbers called/received w/o a warrant.

Did you know that email envelope information in emails, texts, FBs, phone calls, and more (as in the To, From, Subject, MTAs, IPs, whether there is an attachment) are all fair game and Google, Microsoft, Apple, all those guys will hand them over to any police agency w/o question. No warrants needed.

Remind me what country we live in?

If you want to learn more watch the DEFCON videos on youtube from last year. It's an annual hacker conference.

Think they're not watching? Google processes (if I recall) over 80,000 requests a year mostly from local police agencies. It's not just the NSA or whatever. They have their own shit.

Thread Information