Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree440Likes

Thread: Nfl!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

Nfl!

Fans? That game last night was just awesome!

Love him or hate him (I hate him, lol) he is the GOAT. He is a wizard…

Who’s your team on Sunday’s?!

Broncos fan here, man it’s been painful since #18 retired…

Hoping they surprise me this year!
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 09-10-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    Cylon357, wango, DinAZ and 1 others like this.

Head to the bar!!
    Cylon357 and DinAZ like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Saw the second half; incredible! Was happy for Dak, but damn, TB was looking good.

Not partial to any particular team, but would love to see the Bears do some damage this year.

I love “NFL Redzone” so I see every game in part. @ Cy, quickly dug Herbert from the first game he played last year. I hope he continues his trajectory as he really seems like a good kid.

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Saw the second half; incredible! Was happy for Dak, but damn, TB was looking good.

Not partial to any particular team, but would love to see the Bears do some damage this year.

I love “NFL Redzone” so I see every game in part. @ Cy, quickly dug Herbert from the first game he played last year. I hope he continues his trajectory as he really seems like a good kid.
    "I just came, to do the Superbowl Shuffle..."

Monsters of the Midway...!!!

There were the years, mid 80's, when the Chicago bears were somewhat of a dynasty, especially on the defensive side, racking up as many (or more) touchdowns than other NFL teams were totaling.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    "I just came, to do the Superbowl Shuffle..."

Monsters of the Midway...!!!

There were the years, mid 80's, when the Chicago bears were somewhat of a dynasty, especially on the defensive side, racking up as many (or more) touchdowns than other NFL teams were totaling.
    Walter Sweetness Payton baby!!! The 85 Bear’s season was must watch t.v., that defense was insane. Coincidentally, when I saw Vita Vea Thursday on Tampa Bay used in the offense, the first thing that flashed into my mind was William (the refrigerator) Perry.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I have had season tickets for 20+ years for the monsters of the midway.
    I was unfortunately at the one game on Monday nite in December down at the orange bowl when “Thunder Dan” ripped us apart in 85.
    Boy, I wanted to see the rematch in the Super Bowl but unfortunately NE snuck in there.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member

Nfl!

I have to do work on my laptop half the day so I’m pumped up for NFL to watch while working!

Sports betting is now legal in my state as of a few days ago!!! I got some free bets for signing up so I’m digging the idea of laying some bets with house $.

What games are y’all looking forward to seeing today, or this season in general? Patriots v Bucs is one I wanna see in a few weeks.
    Last edited by DinAZ; 09-12-2021 at 09:47 AM.
    wango and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Bucs vs Pats game will be good (just go see Brady face his old squad).

I’m excited for the Bills vs Chiefs game in week 5.

I’m on the Bills bandwagon this year
    DinAZ likes this.

Some solid games, one hell of a start of the season!
    SampsonandDelilah and DinAZ like this.

Oh man, as good as an opening Sunday as I can recall!!
    Cylon357, wango and DinAZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Oh man, as good as an opening Sunday as I can recall!!
    Yeah I am excited about the Cardinals which is a good feeling since it doesn’t happen many years!

I love the first month of figuring out who is better and worse than expected. The Browns lost but they looked darn good against Chiefs!

Monday is normally my least favorite day of the week so it feels great to have Monday Night Football to look forward to after work.
    wango and SampsonandDelilah like this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I think I saw about 5 minutes of one of the games on our 30ft HD $$$$ video wall when I got to work until a changed it.

I think there was a game tonight also. Watching Star Trek now. lol
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-13-2021 at 09:51 PM.
    SampsonandDelilah and DinAZ like this.

This MNF game is UNREAL! Wow…

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    Yeah I am excited about the Cardinals which is a good feeling since it doesn’t happen many years!

I love the first month of figuring out who is better and worse than expected. The Browns lost but they looked darn good against Chiefs!

Monday is normally my least favorite day of the week so it feels great to have Monday Night Football to look forward to after work.

Agree with all of this. It was an extra treat tonight and I loved seeing CIN beat MIN. I think the league has more parody now than in a long time and it’s truly “Any Given Sunday”…
    DinAZ likes this.

This MNF game is UNREAL! Wow…
    Heck ya, that 2nd half was great!

Did anyone else think the game was as good as over after Carr threw the endzone INT for the raiders? I expected Ravens to drive for FG for win at that point, so it was pretty epic to see the Raiders get that big defensive stop and then the TD to win it in OT!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Heck ya, that 2nd half was great!

Did anyone else think the game was as good as over after Carr threw the endzone INT for the raiders? I expected Ravens to drive for FG for win at that point, so it was pretty epic to see the Raiders get that big defensive stop and then the TD to win it in OT!

Thought it would all burn down in typical Raiders fashion after that pick. Can’t even imagine the energy swing and momentum shift after thinking you’ve won…only to turn it over in the end zone. Just crazy.

The defense really stepped up, I thought Tucker would do his thing at 50+ and it would be ball game, Ravens win.

I will eat those words. What a finish and a balls out throw after that stupid penalty (in true Raiders fashion, lol).

Amazing game. The bookend games from TNF and MNF were just incredible. Loving it. College was fucking fantastic this weekend too!
    DinAZ likes this.

NFL week 2 tomorrow!!!

I had good luck last week and turned my 75 free promo credit into about 450. I’m going to see if I can keep the wins rolling this week!

My week 2 bets (with winner first)
    KC Chiefs -3.5 @ Ravens
    AZ Cardinals -3.5 vs Vikings
    Denver Broncos -6 @ Jaguars
    NO Saints -3.5 @ Panthers
    LA Rams -3.5 @ Colts
    Pitt Steelers -6.5 vs Raiders

All bets are $50 except for Chiefs game, I put 100 on that one. Normally I bet at least 1+ underdog team but this week I preferred the favored teams.

I like them.

Things to consider…NO is down 7 coaches and 2 starters with Covid and that PIT v Raiders game feels like a trap game at -6.5. No Josh Jacob’s but they hardly used him. They blitz Watt heavy and Waller is gonna give them trouble. Carrying big momentum after that Ravens game too.

No jinx, just food for thought.

I took KC, DEN, and LA - love all 3.

Frankly I need to look at AZ, that’s a good call on your part and a homer pick for you

Like me and the Donkey’s -6 lol

Fingers crossed. I took the overs on KC/BAL too 54.5

That game should be a shootout!!

Austin Ekeler is a Colorado kid and graduated HS about 10 miles east of me and played college ball at a D2 school that was a big rival of where I played some ball. About as down to earth of a guy there is and still goes out his way during the off-season and does shit for the kids. Hebert is just a beast too…if they weren’t in the Broncos division, I probably wouldn’t hate them

I will say this…in the NFL I have grown to appreciate players much more than I appreciate teams

Tell me this kid isn’t a beast…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZTY8hjYht/?hl=en

Hard to hate KC too for that matter…they are just loaded with offensive talent and I happen to like The Walrus and their OC played at CU Boulder (Bienemy was a beast)

Should be another great weekend!! Hope you are the bro in law have some great shit talking! Nothing better

I mean take the Raiders…worst team and the WORST fans, but Gruden is awesome and how can you even doubt Waller the baller
    songdog and DinAZ like this.

So far my picks are getting crushed. I am a Pats fan and almost bet on them but after Miami game I didn’t.

Since I’m losing many, I decided to double down and put more on AZ Cardinals and KC Chiefs. It’s still all house $ or I wouldn’t be so loose.

I currently have $145 in account, and $315 in play split mostly between Cardinals and KC winning and covering spread and parlays of both winning.

One fun prop bet I have:
    $22.50 pays out $135 (112.50 profit)
    Lamar Jackson & Patrick Mahomes to each throw 1+ TDs in each half.

House money is the best…

LAR screwed us both, would’ve been nice of the defense to show up. Grrrr

My big bet was on DEN, so happy there.

Have two big ones tonight with KC -3.5 and the overs. We shall see. Wish I would’ve taken my own advice on NO and PIT.

Prop bets are the best, love that one. Sending you good juju.

DAL and LA is proving to be a good game, no way in hell would I’ve bet on that one! Toss up
    DinAZ likes this.

House money is the best…

LAR screwed us both, would’ve been nice of the defense to show up. Grrrr

My big bet was on DEN, so happy there.

Have two big ones tonight with KC -3.5 and the overs. We shall see. Wish I would’ve taken my own advice on NO and PIT.

Prop bets are the best, love that one. Sending you good juju.

DAL and LA is proving to be a good game, no way in hell would I’ve bet on that one! Toss up
    Ya you are right, Chargers and CBoys has been exciting!

AZ started rough and looked like it might turn into a loss, or at best a win that doesn’t cover but they really turned it around!

KC is a big one for me too and I’ll probably add even more to it. It’s not a good habit to chase winnings by betting more just cause I lost most earlier, but since there is no risk I don’t mind doing it now.

Hopefully we are celebrating a Sunday Night Football win tonight! Let’s go Chiefs!!!

As much as it makes me sick to say it, Let’s Go Chiefs!!

How much fun is Kyler Murray to watch?? Wow, he is electric!!

(Also helps my 11 year old is a Chiefs fan, I think just because dad is a Broncos fan…little shit)
    DinAZ likes this.

As much as it makes me sick to say it, Let’s Go Chiefs!!

How much fun is Kyler Murray to watch?? Wow, he is electric!!
    Ya he is a joy to watch as a fan! the fans were really torn over Arizona getting Murray. not so much about Murray as a player but about the fact it required installing Kliff Kingsbury, his college coach, as the head coach and building a new system based around a coach with no NFL experience. Now the move is unquestionable, Kingsbury has elevated the team more in a couple short years than any coach had in decades.

Now, in the next few years if Arizona can just play Defense they will be a real threat to win a title.They have some great defensive players and aren’t awful overall (giving up 30 pts in a half today is awful) but it seems like their Defense is definitely their weak link.

Oh and by the way, how much do you like that Teddy Bridgewater pickup by the Broncos? They have had great D but needed a QB for years. Bridgewater was good for Minnesota, and some how some way he came back from his injury as good as ever.

I thought Teddy looked great for NO and looked good for Carolina last year with an awful supporting cast. With the coaching in Denver and better supporting cast I think Teddy and Denver could be better than many people expected.

Oh and by the way, how much do you like that Teddy Bridgewater pickup by the Broncos? They have had great D but needed a QB for years. Bridgewater was good for Minnesota, and some how some way he came back from his injury as good as ever.

I thought Teddy looked great for NO and looked good for Carolina last year with an awful supporting cast. With the coaching in Denver and better supporting cast I think Teddy and Denver could be better than many people expected.
    I agree with you 100% and am flabbergasted we were able to pull it off. I was ecstatic from day 1 even when Vic was calling it a closely contested WB battle. I knew there was no way in hell that Lock was beating him out.

The dude was a first round draft pick and former rookie of the year. He served under and had the tutelage of one of our generations greatest QB’s in Brees (who also came back from what was supposed to be a “career ending” injury in San Diego and was essentially given up on).

He won every game he started in NO as a backup in 2019 and you’re right he won games in CAR with not much help other than CMC.

I fucking love the trade…I just hope Fangio, Shula and Shurmur don’t fuck it up for him.

Don’t forget he was an absolute beast at Louisville too and could’ve come up early and been the first QB off the board.

The one things the Broncos have done well is accumulate a bunch of great pass catchers. Sucks Jeudy went down but the offense around him is pretty damn good and the shortcomings of the O line are offset by one of the greatest O Line coaches in the game in Mike Munchak. I think they’ll get better as the season grinds on.

What has impressed me the most though is his ability to remain calm and protect the football, something Lock failed to do over and over again. Yet he isn’t scared to take his shots and doesn’t dink and dunk like Lock did either. He had a beauty of a deep ball.

He also has the support of the senior guys on the team as evidenced by Von Miller forgetting he was wearing a hot mic when he got busted talking shit about Lock. Too funny…

I know it’s only been the Giants and the Jags (with the Jets on deck) but this team is going to exceed expectations and Teddy is the cornerstone of all of it.

He has always had my respect anyways after overcoming insurmountable odds of ever taking the field again. Did you see the X-ray of his dislocated knee? Fuck me…

He was basically out of football for 2 years and when he came back he signed a deal worth 500,000 in guaranteed money. Chump change for the NFL, especially a former first round pick. He parlayed that into a 3 year, 60 million dollar deal a few short years later. Dude made it happen

What isn’t there to love?!

As much of an American success story as he is an NFL success story.

I think you have a career in sports journalism, Cy. I’d read your column!!

Overs was a suckers bet on this game…cha ching!!

I like this Ravens team, but not sure they can hang with the Chiefs yet. That -3.5 might be a nail biter though.

That Kelce TD was just ridiculous, wow
    DinAZ and Cylon357 like this.

Wow. Harbaugh has STONES!!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Nfl!

I think you have a career in sports journalism, Cy. I’d read your column!!

Overs was a suckers bet on this game…cha ching!!

I like this Ravens team, but not sure they can hang with the Chiefs yet. That -3.5 might be a nail biter though.

That Kelce TD was just ridiculous, wow
    Man I thought Chiefs would have no problem covering the spread, and they were a few plays away from winning by 12+ but things can slip away in a few plays.

Today was a good example of how not to gamble by me, but it wasn’t really gambling if it’s house money with no risk. I like to make a strategy and stick to it for the day, adding more to afternoon games after morning losses is a losing strategy for serious betting but I had fun and still have some promo $. I took the $75 to 480 and now I’m at 100.

Great game and respect to the Ravens. KC has been everyones de facto super bowl contender out of the AFC but this is a new year! It is early in the season and KC could get it in gear and become the powerhouse we have seen in recent years, or they could be an 11 or 12 win good team but not be a shoo-In like many NFL fans thought.

Weeks 3-5 should be really interesting as we start to see the separation between teams. I can’t wait to find out: Who are this years Cinderella teams going to be? Which teams are duds that we expected to be good m?
    Last edited by DinAZ; 09-19-2021 at 09:33 PM.

There are currently 7 undefeated (2-0) teams after week 2:

TB Bucs
    Carolina Panthers
    SF 49ers
    LA Rams
    AZ Cards
    Denver Broncos
    LV Raiders

Anyone want to play a game? We guess which team will stay undefeated the longest, and guess what week they lose in.

My pick: Tampa Bay Bucs go 13-0 and lose in week 14 (to the Bills, you don’t need to put team your pick loses to; if ya don’t wanna look at schedule just give team you pick and # of wins before 1st loss)

I’m down. Need to look the schedules over. TB seems like the safest pick for sure and I’d love nothing more for you to be correct. I really like that Bills team and the Bills mafia too

The Broncos will lose week 4, lol

I’m going to say the Rams beat the Bucs next Sunday and remain undefeated until they lose on the road at Seattle in week 5. They’ll be the last undefeated team

Broncos lose to Baltimore week 4
    49ers lose to GB next Sunday night
    The Cards lose to the Rams week 4
    Carolina loses to Dallas week 4
    If the Raiders get by the Chargers next week then I think they don’t lose until week 10 at KC but I think they lose on the road next week

Who fucking knows though, it’s the NFL!

Any given Sunday…

(This is fun though, good call)
    DinAZ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Holy cats, that game last night was off. the. charts!

Baltimore.... maybe Jackson was trolling a bit with that 'KC is my kryptonite' comment? Man, they looked good. Neither team played perfectly (because how the frack do you let that last play of the first half become so exciting if you are Baltimore??), but man oh man, if this is a preview for the AFC championship, yeah, I'll take it!

Have you guys seen the clip of Harbaugh yelling from the sidelines “LAMAR, do you want to go for it”?!

Talk about having faith in your QB! Man I loved that call. Talk about building culture with your team, wow

Baltimore.... maybe Jackson was trolling a bit with that 'KC is my kryptonite' comment? Man, they looked good. Neither team played perfectly (because how the frack do you let that last play of the first half become so exciting if you are Baltimore??), but man oh man, if this is a preview for the AFC championship, yeah, I'll take it!
    I’ll have to see more from Baltimore to believe in them as a conference contender but it is certainly possible! Lamar Jackson is amazing to watch.

The “KC is my kryptonite” is just honesty and humility from Lamar because prior to yesterday he was 30-5 record vs league minus KC, but 0-3 record vs KC, for 30-8 (now 31-8).

September 2020 Lamar was asked about his struggles with KC since taking over Ravens QB duties. he said it was just like any other game and got walloped 34-20 in a game that was even less close than the score showed.

So I don’t think he was trolling but out of context it sure could seem like it! Id take it as him owning up to his struggles vs KC since, he has dominated the rest of the league but not them.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Have you guys seen the clip of Harbaugh yelling from the sidelines “LAMAR, do you want to go for it”?!

Talk about having faith in your QB! Man I loved that call. Talk about building culture with your team, wow

I’ll be sure to check it out that clip on YT or ESPN. I heard them talking about it after it happened but I didn’t see it live.

Hoping we see some more people post guesses for team that goes undefeated longest!

Maybe next week we can do bad teams and guess which team will go longest without a win but I want to wait and give people a chance to guess winners before adding others.

I missed it too, but saw the link on an ESPN article this morning about JJ Watt summoning his inner “Ted Lasso” (the Lamar link is embedded in that article). I’m sure it’s not hard to find regardless.

Agreed. Thought there’d be more football geeks here. Lol
    Cylon357 likes this.

Have always loved Stafford & really happy he’s a great match with L.A., but was liking Wentz yesterday and was disappointed to see him walk off injured.

Damn disappointed in the Chargers, but really impressed with the Titan’s comeback. Then that evening game was a fantastic way to end the day. I think a few more Chicago fans will be hoping Dalton’s injury isn’t serious, because Fields looked a tad shakey yesterday.

Work Cy? What’s that and why did I used to hate Monday mornings ?

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information