Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SocioMachiavelli
  • 1 Post By BuzzardMarinePumper

Thread: 59 & IT dummy. What is the easiest way to transfer Pix from iPhone to PC Windows 10

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

59 & IT dummy. What is the easiest way to transfer Pix from iPhone to PC Windows 10

All in the title . I'm sure it is a simple minded question for you young guys and computer savvy ppl . I can not find a way to easily transfer pix from iPhone 6s plus to PC running Windows 10 . I have not even tried it yet but with Windows 7 the only way I could complete this task was to send myself an email Including the pix desired and then copy the pix from the email to pictures file ....... I am sure this is almost laughable to knowledgeable ppl .

I tried to plug my iPhone into my computer in hopes that would transfer my pics and it did a few but not very many and only 2018 to iTunes ? Additionally the files are not visible they are named files like 4-12-2018 .

I am sure there is an easy way but I am not aware of the action ???? Your suggestions are desired and welcome !

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    There are various ways of doing this, the guide attached explains better than I can
    I prefer to use cloud storage so I upload the photos to google or another service and than transfer from storage to local pc
    For you the attached guide should epxlain it, also try looking at youtube videos if

https://www.imobie.com/support/trans...o-computer.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_g9oeRbpI

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would open a cloud storage account such as a dropbox, upload them all onto it on your phone and they will be accessible on your PC. Then start saving stuff in there and you will be able to always access them. This will also protect you if you lose or damage your phone.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    I would open a cloud storage account such as a dropbox, upload them all onto it on your phone and they will be accessible on your PC. Then start saving stuff in there and you will be able to always access them. This will also protect you if you lose or damage your phone.
    Would you believe I have no idea what a cloud account is ?
    I am going to look at the links in above post and YouTube . Thank you both very much ! Let me give it a shot on what yall suggested and the I will report back .
    Proximal likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Would you believe I have no idea what a cloud account is ?
    I am going to look at the links in above post and YouTube . Thank you both very much ! Let me give it a shot on what yall suggested and the I will report back .
    Do you use Icloud? Apple products have a service that will store your files/photos online in another storage medium where you can access it through an account like iclous, google, dropbox and a few others out there that you would need to pay for
    You save the photos to your account and download them from anywhere

Or you can connect your iphone using the usb cable to your computer and save the photos that way

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Put your charge cable into your phone.

Other end in computer USB port.

Go to my computer, click on iPhone. And Bam you open iPhone as a file .

Dcim or gallery is we're your oucs go to or where you put them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Put your charge cable into your phone.

Other end in computer USB port.

Go to my computer, click on iPhone. And Bam you open iPhone as a file .

Dcim or gallery is we're your oucs (What does this mean)go to or where you put them
    I hooked the cable up as suggested but I went to iTunes and it only downloaded what it wanted to ? I use iCloud with my iPhone but not sure I understand it . I like the My Computer and click on iPhone better for now until I get time to play with it . I need it now to list a shit ton of items on eBay and need it as simple as possible . I may need to open an eBay store over 200 items to sell from G-Shock watches to multi tools and paintball items will probably sell better after Christmas when all the kids get money for Christmas ? My old lap top power cable started smoking and I figured it was fried and I have been told I stole this one even for refurbished . It is upgraded as much as needed .

Hp EliteBook 820 G2 12.5'' Core i7 - Dual Core-5600U 2.6GHz SSD 16GB RAM Windows 10 Pro ? $220.00 and looks new plus has a new 46 ma battery supposed to be extended life battery even came with a sweet little North Face computer bag so I have a big Oakley Bag for my other Hp I share with anyone who needs to use it in my family and for movies and stuff .

I really like the size if I can just figure Windows 10 out . I use Chrome for my home page . But when I want to bookmark a favorite I click on the star at the right of the search bow and it says done ....... but I can't find my favorites anywhere and have to type in the site again ??????
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-13-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    I hooked the cable up as suggested but I went to iTunes and it only downloaded what it wanted to ? I use iCloud with my iPhone but not sure I understand it . I like the My Computer and click on iPhone better for now until I get time to play with it . I need it now to list a shit ton of items on eBay and need it as simple as possible . I may need to open an eBay store over 200 items to sell from G-Shock watches to multi tools and paintball items will probably sell better after Christmas when all the kids get money for Christmas ? My old lap top power cable started smoking and I figured it was fried and I have been told I stole this one even for refurbished . It is upgraded as much as needed .

Hp EliteBook 820 G2 12.5'' Core i7 - Dual Core-5600U 2.6GHz SSD 16GB RAM Windows 10 Pro ? $220.00 and looks new plus has a new 46 ma battery supposed to be extended life battery even came with a sweet little North Face computer bag so I have a big Oakley Bag for my other Hp I share with anyone who needs to use it in my family and for movies and stuff .

I really like the size if I can just figure Windows 10 out . I use Chrome for my home page . But when I want to bookmark a favorite I click on the star at the right of the search bow and it says done ....... but I can't find my favorites anywhere and have to type in the site again ??????
    You got some items for sale I was looking for a G-Shock watch the other day what do you got then post them up in my quit smoking thread or right here even

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    Agree I was gonna say drop box

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Agree I was gonna say drop box
    LOVE Dropbox. Super easy.

Blog Entries
    I have way to many to list here , I have more choices than many stores .....but no new ones all are pre-owned because I am not a Dist. ? I will see what I can come up with . It would be easier if you told me what you want - model # . ? The watches are returns and I bought at an airport auction . Not super high end G-Shocks . Most retail for around $100.00 and some as much as $600.00 I just list them at $25.00 they usually go for around $100.00 .

Jewelry stores will not even put a battery in them anywhere I have checked . So I started studying them on YouTube and googled all the manuals I could now offer repairs and battery installation for a fee . This is grantee they will be waterproof per factory standards . I offer manuals of G-Shock watch of choice for $10.00 per model number . Jewelry stores I have called will not even do this . There must be a need for this service because I get a lot of word of mouth business and off online advt. .

Ship to me along with $10.00 Pay Pal .I will email you an estimate to repair . I will troubleshoot and send you a price , you decide and I will repair or ship back or you not worry about they watch . Troubleshoot and install new battery or send additional depending on battery cost and return shipping back is included in that . I have 100% feedback .

I have a residential tree removal service in GA and I shut down my interactive web site in Oct. and only cut wind storms , winter storms and hurricanes until April . I just enjoy the holidays and travel and mess around on eBay and sell 10 to 15 cars a year . I used to have a used car dealership and I sold it in 04 . eBay started out as a way to get rid of unwanted items I had . Now I pick up several thousand dollars a year in my spare time . lol , this is not an add for eBay but yes it is possible to live off money you make on eBay . Also buy winter items in the summer and sell in the winter and reverse to stay busy .Even list items off Amazon or any website and never even purchase . Just list the Amazon item and price profit in to non purchased item and if it sells Amazon even ships to address I give them and you just pay eBay their commission and keep the rest , over & above cost . If you do this you have to do volume but some items have larger profit than others .
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-14-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What I do with my Android phone is plug it in to a USB port on my PC. If it's a Windows PC it has to have drivers installed for that brand of phone. I've had Siemens, LG, Samsung and HTC phones and each had to have its own particular brand-specific driver installed. Whether there are Windows drivers for iPhones or not I couldn't tell you because Apple is weird like that.

Anyway, with the proper driver installed I plug in the phone by USB cable and a window pops up telling me the new device is installed and ready to use. Then an instance of Windows Explorer opens showing the internal files on the phone. Then I just root around looking for the photos. In all the phones and digital cameras I have used, the name of the directory containing the photos is "DCIM" (short for Digital Camera IMages).

I don't do anything "in the cloud" because doing so amounts to giving G**gle permission to cram a colonoscope up your ass.

Blog Entries
    I tried that and they downloaded and I could not see the pix without opening the img file so not transferring to PC in a manner so I can see the pix . Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    What I do with my Android phone is plug it in to a USB port on my PC. If it's a Windows PC it has to have drivers installed for that brand of phone. I've had Siemens, LG, Samsung and HTC phones and each had to have its own particular brand-specific driver installed. Whether there are Windows drivers for iPhones or not I couldn't tell you because Apple is weird like that.

Anyway, with the proper driver installed I plug in the phone by USB cable and a window pops up telling me the new device is installed and ready to use. Then an instance of Windows Explorer opens showing the internal files on the phone. Then I just root around looking for the photos. In all the phones and digital cameras I have used, the name of the directory containing the photos is "DCIM" (short for Digital Camera IMages).

I don't do anything "in the cloud" because doing so amounts to giving G**gle permission to cram a colonoscope up your ass.

Thread Information