Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alta
  • 1 Post By Bertuzzi
  • 1 Post By Bertuzzi

Thread: Never tried crossfit really till yesterday

kapper is offline Associate Member

Never tried crossfit really till yesterday

The missus gave me this workout to do and i was a bit iffy but then thought stuff it.

30mins no break
    Completw as many rounds as u can

I used 40kg barbell
    8 deadlifts
    7 push press
    6 bent over rows
    5 push press

8 push ups
    7 pushpress
    6 deads
    5 rows
    4 push press

6 push ups
    5 push press
    4 deads
    3 push press
    2 rows
    3 push ups

I complete just over 7 rounds

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I don't think you would ever see that workout (Metcon) or (WOD) at an actual crossfit gym... it seems a big wonky for a trainer to program like that, but hopefully you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi
    I don't think you would ever see that workout (Metcon) or (WOD) at an actual crossfit gym... it seems a big wonky for a trainer to program like that, but hopefully you enjoyed it.
    She actually got it from a crossfit thing, i dont know where but when u look at crossfit routines tney all look wonky.. Thats the point off them in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by kapper View Post
    She actually got it from a crossfit thing, i dont know where but when u look at crossfit routines tney all look wonky.. Thats the point off them in my eyes
    Yah, I know what Crossfit workouts look like. I Crossfit 5 days a week, just saying that doesn't look like a typical crossfit workout, looks more like a boot camp style workout. There isn't anything wrong with it though, I was just making an observation.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Yeah that looks like an "any asshole" workout. As in any asshole could program it by throwing in a bunch of random movements.

Good programmers have a method to the madness. Usually they are working towards something, ie: programming a lot of front squat, overhead strength movements over a month, gearing towards Fran. Throw in a lot of core/double unders working towards Annie etc etc. There is typically an end goal.

When you program a pile of random shit for no reason whatsoever other than to drain and fatigue the body....THAT is when people get hurt.
    Bertuzzi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    Yeah that looks like an "any asshole" workout. As in any asshole could program it by throwing in a bunch of random movements.

Good programmers have a method to the madness. Usually they are working towards something, ie: programming a lot of front squat, overhead strength movements over a month, gearing towards Fran. Throw in a lot of core/double unders working towards Annie etc etc. There is typically an end goal.

When you program a pile of random shit for no reason whatsoever other than to drain and fatigue the body....THAT is when people get hurt.
    Exactly what I meant....

Where you from in Alberta? I'm in Edmonton

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Calgary!

Good to see fellow 'bertans on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    Calgary!

Good to see fellow 'bertans on the board!
    Yah, there are a few of us on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta
    Yeah that looks like an "any asshole" workout. As in any asshole could program it by throwing in a bunch of random movements. Good programmers have a method to the madness. Usually they are working towards something, ie: programming a lot of front squat, overhead strength movements over a month, gearing towards Fran. Throw in a lot of core/double unders working towards Annie etc etc. There is typically an end goal. When you program a pile of random shit for no reason whatsoever other than to drain and fatigue the body....THAT is when people get hurt.

Yeah thats crossfit for you i guess, every crossfit workout ive witnessed on youtube or in gyms have all beenthe same. A pile of shit with poor form and injuries waiting to happen. I tried this and enjoyed it to some degree but nothing beats doing proper weighted training

Yeah thats crossfit for you i guess, every crossfit workout ive witnessed on youtube or in gyms have all beenthe same. A pile of shit with poor form and injuries waiting to happen. I tried this and enjoyed it to some degree but nothing beats doing proper weighted training
    So I am assuming based on what you say "Nothing Beats proper weighted training" You have decided that crossfit is not proper at all.... Good news for you, there are a lot of other sections on this forum that you will enjoy.

I am not attacking you and I want you to know that, this should be a safe place to express our opinions, but based on your last post you seem a little confrontational so Iw ant to assure you that I am not trying to be that at all.

All the videos you see on Youtube, 90% of them are not actually crossfit, just because the person who made the video compilation and title it crossfit fails doesn't actually mean these occur in a crossfit gym, matter of fact most of the fails in those videos are in big box gyms, someones own house or power lifting and olympic lifting. I can find more videos of guys who are using poor form and technique at a regular gym then I could ever find at a crossfit gym.... Sh|t I can walk into any guym in my city and within 10 seconds I can find you 30 guys or girls doing something wrong, that could potentially hurt themselves.

I think one of the saddest things about humans is; we witness something and form an opinion of it within a matter of minutes, then we stand by that opinion and will argue it to the death, even when we have no actual knowledge, education or personal experience regarding the subject. It's hilarious!! Don't fear what you don't understand....

Let me simplify this in case you or others don't understand....

Yes, there are a lot of people on video and live in living colour that perform exercises incorrectly at Crossfit and they could potentially hurt themselves.

YES, there are a lot of people on video and live in living colour that perform exercises incorrectly at Traditional gyms and they could potentially hurt themselves.

The opposite of the above statements is also true, so please don't be so closed minded to things you don't understand and also don't assume you understand the world of crossfit because you watched a few videos on Youtube and your wife does Crossfit, because if you think that way, there is a word for that and it's called ignorance and I don't think you are ignorant.
    bloodchoke likes this.

One more thing....

I have no problem with people disliking crossfit, none what-so-ever. I am not going to ever try to convince anyone that it is better then what they are currently doing, I've lived in both worlds and I far prefer the world of crossfit, I also believe most people would if they found the right gym and gave it an honest effort, but that is here nor there.

We are all entitled to our opinion in saying we do not like something or that we do not want to try it, but what I will not stand by and watch is people making statements based on opinion and trying to pass it off as fact on a subject they are not educated about.

JUST CAUSE YOU SAW IT OR READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE!!!

Google is the bathroom wall of the internet, anyone can write what they want on it
    bloodchoke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi
    JUST CAUSE YOU SAW IT OR READ IT ON THE INTERNET DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE!!! Google is the bathroom wall of the internet, anyone can write what they want on it
    So why should i take what you say? Just cause u said the workout i did isnt crossfit doesnt make it true....

Jump off your high horse now mate cause ur ranting over a workout i did.. Ur a goose

So why should i take what you say? Just cause u said the workout i did isnt crossfit doesnt make it true....

Jump off your high horse now mate cause ur ranting over a workout i did.. Ur a goose
    You obviously missed my point, I wasn't even talking about the workout you did....

Good luck with achieving all your goals.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I think one of the saddest things about humans is; we witness something and form an opinion of it within a matter of minutes, then we stand by that opinion and will argue it to the death, even when we have no actual knowledge, education or personal experience regarding the subject. It's hilarious!! Don't fear what you don't understand....
    Too often, people are slow to understand, quick to condemn, and averse to most all things complex. I think you made your point very well. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodchoke View Post
    Too often, people are slow to understand, quick to condemn, and averse to most all things complex. I think you made your point very well. Cheers!
    It's funny you say that, I use those exact words

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    It's funny you say that, I use those exact words
    Great minds think alike! (Apparently, ours do, too. )

EdwardGuizar is offline New Member
    I used to do crossfit myself alone twice a year but I missed it this year because of my lower back injury. Anyway, thanks I will try your method!

RockyvsRambo is offline New Member
    Love the profile pic!

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Unsure about cross fit but in prison I was challenged to a 45 minute straight leg session. 15 minutes of each that goes right into the next. Air squats/body weight squats into lunges into burpees. And puke at the end if you aren't going easy on yourself

Thread Information