hockeyguy is offline Associate Member

Cash app for bitcoins

Is anyone using "Cash App" for bitcoin? what has your experience been like?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I haven’t I have heard good things. Have you tried getting a coinbase account. Once you have one you can use Gdax and there are hardly any fees through Gdax

hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    I downloaded the coinbase app but it doesn't accept my debit card.

Cash app won't scan my ID.

I'm thinking about connecting my checking account to coinbase

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Been using Coinbase for a while. Not too long ago a lot of US banks quit allowing atm/check card/ credit card purchases of crypto. Just banks trying to create hurdles.

I have had my checking linked for quite a while. Only problem is the waiting period. If you buy today I believe it takes a week for monies to become available. Good news is that you did lock in at the price you made the purchase. Bad news is if it rises a shit ton over night you aren’t able to sell it. Not until that week clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    Been using Coinbase for a while. Not too long ago a lot of US banks quit allowing atm/check card/ credit card purchases of crypto. Just banks trying to create hurdles.

I have had my checking linked for quite a while. Only problem is the waiting period. If you buy today I believe it takes a week for monies to become available. Good news is that you did lock in at the price you made the purchase. Bad news is if it rises a shit ton over night you aren’t able to sell it. Not until that week clears.

Ill check it out. I only have used coinbase a handful of times and I play around on bitstamp just because of XRP. I have done decent (at least profitable) on trading it. I like that it seems to move much more quickly than bitcoin. Volatility has hurt at times but has also helped. As long as good outweighs bad I am happy.

Not too much at risk, only have a few grand on there.

I googled it and it says it is now Coinbase pro. Is that correct?

Cash app for bitcoins

Coinbase is Gdax yes but there different sites. It’s like a back door to coinbase
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 09-30-2018 at 12:51 PM.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    I know this is an old post, but it looks like bitcoin has been skyrocketing again. I just used some of mine that I bought back when it was $300 a piece by accident. I bought a new amount to pay for some things and then automatically paid for them. An hour later I got a notice that the transaction was cancelled because the card I used was out of date. Therefore, as prices go up, I won't get as much with the new amount I bought vs the amount I spent. It was only a couple hundred dollars, but it still really gets to me. This was using coinbase. I will definitely have to try out Gdax.

dpstore is online now Associate Member
    If anyone is need of cryptocurrency you can all use localbitcoins

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Cash app will not scan I'd from Android.

I had same issue, had to download app on buddies iPhone and log in with my credentials and use iPhone to scan.

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    CashApp is a great way to slowly accumulate Bitcoin. You can put any amount you want to save.

I’ve been doing weekly buys, put in $2000 so far and it’s already worth $2800. Way better than leaving the money in my bank account.

And generally, I consider Bitcoin only as a long term investment, these crypto news help me keep myself informed https://cryptolinks.com/cryptocurrency-news

Thread Information