Where to buy bitcoins?

Bitcoin alt coin ATM

Coinbase

Coinmama

Localbitcoins

Paxful
    Obs likes this.

Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computers and especially crypto currency, but I use Coinbase and it's seamless and very easy. I've only purchase Litecoin so far and just watched it grow. Going through a little slow down right now but I'm optimistic that it'll pick back up.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer

Were to buy bitcoins?

Buying other coin is smart cause they have less fees. Ether is really popular too. Have you looked at binance yet? Binance is a place to trade altcoins. After you trade and watch them grow hopefully then you can trade them back whatever coin you want to cash them out. Since your already using coinbase did you realize GDAX is coinbase and you can log into GDAX with your coinbase info? Using gdx to move your coin costs less in fees

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Buying other coin is smart cause they have less fees. Ether is really popular too. Have you looked at binance yet? Binance is a place to trade altcoins. After you trade and watch them grow hopefully then you can trade them back whatever coin you want to cash them out. Since your already using coinbase did you realize GDAX is coinbase and you can log into GDAX with your coinbase info? Using gdx to move your coin costs less in fees
    No, I was unaware of that. I recently purchase 250usd worth of litecoin and was charged almost 4usd and it takes like 6 days to compete the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    No, I was unaware of that. I recently purchase 250usd worth of litecoin and was charged almost 4usd and it takes like 6 days to compete the transaction.
    That’s cause you linked your bank account. Nothing wrong with doing that but if you want the coin instant then link your credit card or use a bitcoin atm and dump the funds right into your wallet from the atm. That way you can bypass coinbase all together
    Hughinn likes this.

Wow gdax is stupid easy to use. Thanks for that info!
    Bio-Active likes this.

That’s cause you linked your bank account. Nothing wrong with doing that but if you want the coin instant then link your credit card or use a bitcoin atm and dump the funds right into your wallet from the atm. That way you can bypass coinbase all together
    I don't have an atm close by to me.

It is a little secret that a lot do not know about. It will save you a ton of fees

Also, i linked my credit card but I've already maxed out the limit that you can transfer.

Also, i linked my credit card but I've already maxed out the limit that you can transfer.
    Really it should to 750 ew?

Really it should to 750 ew?
    That's correct.

I meant it was maxed out when I bought the last 250. It dropped so I wanted to grab a few

Yeah I see not really any way around that besides using another exchange like coinmama, if coinmama works in your state it will take the money direct from your credit card and dump it direct to your wallet of choice

Where to buy bitcoins?

Make sense?

Make sense?
    Indeed, thanks. The wife says I have enough "play money" for now, anyhow. LoL
    I just didn't want to miss the train like a lot did with bitcoin. Had i only known..... man!

Indeed, thanks. The wife says I have enough "play money" for now, anyhow. LoL
    I just didn't want to miss the train like a lot did with bitcoin. Had i only known..... man!
    If your looking to invest I would look at other coins with less risk. Neo, lite coin, ethereum, Tron etc

Question.... say I deposit USD into my usd wallet on coinbase, does it still take days to show up? What's the point of the USD wallet?

If your looking to invest I would look at other coins with less risk. Neo, lite coin, ethereum, Tron etc
    Right now I ONLY have Litecoin

Where to buy bitcoins?

Question.... say I deposit USD into my usd wallet on coinbase, does it still take days to show up? What's the point of the USD wallet?
    You don’t deposit into the usd wallet you move your coin or exchange it on coinbase. It keeps it safe from the market fluctuations
    Luttrj likes this.

Right now I ONLY have Litecoin
    Lite coin is a pretty safe investment right now. It’s only worth mid 200’s and not as volatile
    Luttrj likes this.

You don’t deposit into the usd wallet you move your coin or exchange it on coinbase. It keeps it safe from the market fluctuations
    When I click on deposit while in the USD waller, it only comes from my linked bank acct. Gives no option to take from my LTC wallet or vault.

When I click on deposit while in the USD waller, it only comes from my linked bank acct. Gives no option to take from my LTC wallet or vault.
    Are you doing it on your computer or with the phone app? I have a friend that moves coin into the vault all the time but he was moving btc or ethereum

You may have to use the withdraw function and choose to send it to your usd wallet.

Using phone app but can access the desktop version also. Computer version is a little more user friendly, I've found

Ok, I think the coin must be in the LTC wallet before you can put it into the USD waller. I keep all of mine in the LTC vault. Any advantage to keeping it in the waller vs. the vault? I was under the impression that it was safer in the vault?

Ok, I think the coin must be in the LTC wallet before you can put it into the USD waller. I keep all of mine in the LTC vault. Any advantage to keeping it in the waller vs. the vault? I was under the impression that it was safer in the vault?
    Once it’s in the vault it’s considered usd currency so it stays at that value instead of moving with altcoin n currency got my up and down. You may have to use the send feature to your usd wallet. I would never use coinbase as a place to store money. If you want to convert it to usd why not just send the converted usd to your bank account

I want my coins to fluctuate with the market. So I take it that they should be in the LTC wallet?

I want my coins to fluctuate with the market. So I take it that they should be in the LTC wallet?
    Yes blockchain doesn’t support litecoin but binance does and bread wallet does I think

Yes blockchain doesn’t support litecoin but binance does and bread wallet does I think
    You just spoke French to me. I don't speak French lol

You just spoke French to me. I don't speak French lol
    Are you just using coinbase as your wallet or do you have a sucre wallet like blockchain?

Are you just using coinbase as your wallet or do you have a sucre wallet like blockchain?
    Only have coinbase so far. I use it to buy then place in to the vault

Only have coinbase so far. I use it to buy then place in to the vault
    Ok that makes sense so you are just investing. If that’s the case you should really take a look at binance. That’s were I put all my investment coins. It’s really easy to trade them and move them around. The fees are minimal as long as you use bnb to pay the fees. Bnb is binsnce’s alt coin

Ok that makes sense so you are just investing. If that’s the case you should really take a look at binance. That’s were I put all my investment coins. It’s really easy to trade them and move them around. The fees are minimal as long as you use bnb to pay the fees. Bnb is binsnce’s alt coin
    So the coins that I have on coinbase don't move with that market? If I bought when they were 126usd, are they not now worth 200usd?

So the coins that I have on coinbase don't move with that market? If I bought when they were 126usd, are they not now worth 200usd?
    If you have them in your litecoin wallet then they change value with the market. You just don’t have them stored in a secure wallet. Coinbase watches everything you do and if they think you are doing anything sketchy at all they will close your account and there is nothing you can do

If you have them in your litecoin wallet then they change value with the market. You just don’t have them stored in a secure wallet. Coinbase watches everything you do and if they think you are doing anything sketchy at all they will close your account and there is nothing you can do
    Stretchy like what? I buy coin, let it sit there, and occasionally use it to purchase items from the internet. My biggest purchase using LTC was like 300usd. Bought a lot of shirts from pharmacom...

Stretchy like what? I buy coin, let it sit there, and occasionally use it to purchase items from the internet. My biggest purchase using LTC was like 300usd. Bought a lot of shirts from pharmacom...
    You really should get a secure wallet for making purchases

Went with Jaxx wallet.

Went with Jaxx wallet.
    I like the Currency it supports

I like the Currency it supports
    Thanks for all your info.