Thread: body fat %

big nick is offline New Member

body fat %

dont now if this is where i shuld post thisbut i was wondering how yu go bout finding out ho much body fat you have any info would be very helpul
    thanks bros

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    you can find someone that knows how to handle a caliper and get your bf% that way. I guess most gyms have a personal trainer that knows how to do that.

Then there are electrical impedance scales that can messure bf% but they seem to be way ****ing off( a buddy of mine had nice and ripped abs and the impedance scale they had at the hospital in my town claimed he had 22% bf, yeah right )

thanks man i guess ill ask someone at my gym tom.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Be advised that throughout your fat loss endeavor (if that is what you are going to be doing) bodyfat readings will completely F*CK with your head over and over throughout your quest to leanness. They are not Gospel, hold much room for error, and should not be used solely as a way to arrive at your daily kcal/macronutrient intake figures.

~SC~

thanks guys you guys are great help

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Be advised that throughout your fat loss endeavor (if that is what you are going to be doing) bodyfat readings will completely F*CK with your head over and over throughout your quest to leanness. They are not Gospel, hold much room for error, and should not be used solely as a way to arrive at your daily kcal/macronutrient intake figures.

~SC~

Exactly. I find the mirror to be the best judge of bodyfat, not the scale or skinfold caliper bf% measurements. Take some photos of yourself every couple of months and if you're doing everything right you should see a noticable difference. You may not be able to quantify it but you should see it. Plus having a nutritionist or someone at the gym give you a real accurate measurement on your bodyfat can be expensive. Also thing with skinfold calipers is that they can give you false readings depending on where you measure, how you use the instrument, and what quality it is. Focus on everything that is said in the cutting sticky on top of this section and your bodyfat will go down over time whether you measure it with the latest technology or not.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Yea I agree completely with the statements above. Go by the mirror and how you feel. Unless you are going to be in a contest or something that your actual body fat percentage matters I see no reason to take it. Be happy with yourself, not a number that you get from a piece of $hit machine.

<<LMO>>

thanks guys ill just keep looking in the mirror

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    How bout this one? maybe someone could give me some motivation. Im in a certain branch of the service. Im 21 yrs old 6.2 and 230 pounds. My weight limit is 214 or a body fat % of 18% or lower. They measured my neck then my waist. Subtracted the neck from the waist, then looked at a chart and told me i was 25% body fat. 25% man i sure the h*ll dont look like it. I eat great and train hard, but i will admit that last few inches around the belly are so hard to get rid of. I refuse to crash diet for them, Im just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. Later -devil1

Thread Information