eggplant is offline Member

help needed again..!

sorry guys...but i guess i'll have to create a new thread as my other thread seems to have been 'old' and not receiving much replies..hope you guys don't mind..okie..i've ditched all cardio as of now..so i'm down with 4 training days and 3 rest days..and since there's no more cardio, my activity levels will of course be lesser..my question is..i'm now maintaining my diet at 2600kcal(which was inclusive of cardio the other time)..now that cardio is gone,shall i stay at the same level of kcal and macros?? or shall i drop a little bit of kcal? and on rest days..i basically just sit around doing nothing..does my macros look ok on this day?= 295g pro,157g fats,0g carbs..tnx!

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Curiosity: why are you eliminating the cardio? Are you trying to bulk up?

How many calories you need depends what you're trying to do (i.e. bulk or cut or maintain?). If you're dropping the cardio and maintaining the same caloric intake you will gain because there is no longer that caloric deficit created by the cardio. E.g. Say you burned 400 calories doing your daily cardio. Now you stop. If you were to now reduce your caloric intake by 400 calories, which is nearly a 15% decrease in calories, it would seem to me that you would maintain your weight since you'll be less active, ALTHOUGH this may come at a cost of slower metabolism and, additionally, less calories available to get your macronutrients.

And on the macros - I'd like to see some more carbs, I mean you can't go on zero carbs for too long (sorry, don't advocate keto diets), plus you need carbs pwo. Just don't eat them at the wrong times and with the wrong food combinations.
    Last edited by tonight; 06-11-2004 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    Curiosity: why are you eliminating the cardio? Are you trying to bulk up?

How many calories you need depends what you're trying to do (i.e. bulk or cut or maintain?). If you're dropping the cardio and maintaining the same caloric intake you will gain because there is no longer that caloric deficit created by the cardio. E.g. Say you burned 400 calories doing your daily cardio. Now you stop. If you were to now reduce your caloric intake by 400 calories, which is nearly a 15% decrease in calories, it would seem to me that you would maintain your weight since you'll be less active, ALTHOUGH this may come at a cost of slower metabolism and, additionally, less calories available to get your macronutrients.

And on the macros - I'd like to see some more carbs, I mean you can't go on zero carbs for too long (sorry, don't advocate keto diets), plus you need carbs pwo. Just don't eat them at the wrong times and with the wrong food combinations.
    nx for replying..i'm on a cutter..and right now i do no wan to sacrifice any more lean mass,thus ditched the cardio,i've been following this diet ever since i started cutting..and i do not do keto all the way..only days i do not weight train. as for carbs, its all in pwo and ppwo..

hmm..i'm thinking of dropping 300 calories on my rest days(previous cardio days) from the protein(which arrives at 2300kcal)..and maintain my healthy fat level...this drop in calories will prevent my body from storing excess calories as water/fat..as cardio is out..activity levels drop..is this logical? and by walking about 40-1 hr..one burns around 300 calories..and on training days, calories will be the same 2600kcal..wat do u guys tink?

Beernutz is offline Member
    id say not to drop kcals anymore since youve dropped cardio. Reason being your body still needs kcals on non training days to repair the damage done on training days. If your body doesnt get sufficient kcals your muslces will never heal, thus can lead you to more lean mass loss.

hmm...its rather tough to manipulate all these man..anyway, i did not drop any kcals..and i looked more full, rippness still maintains..but i was down to 65kg! gee..i can't explain this..i did not do anything drastic..but i did up my taurine supplementation to 4g..anybody care to share some light on this? and bear in mind i carb loaded on wednesday...maybe the carbs that i loaded just hit me today?

Beernutz is offline Member
    it takes my body 2 days for the carbing up to be noticable. I used to notice the following day after a carb up i was still the same. But the day after that i looked full again. That could be it.

yea...and i also have tons of fats after the day i carb loaded..and i guess all these fats just push the carbs into my muscle cells..

Thread Information