wantbiggunz is offline Banned

Little advice please

Here's the deal. I used to do cardio in the AM on a empty stomach 3 times a week on non-workout days. That is not an option anymore.

1st question: Is cardio in the PM on a empty stomach just wasting my time? If not, how long and what do I do? I have always heard that in the AM on a empty stomach is better, because stored fat will be used for energy. I was told in the evening, I won't even hit stored fat for energy unless I do about an hour of cardio. Any truth to that?

2nd question: What is the best device to use to monitor my heart rate so that I don't go overboard and start burning muscle, and what is the optimum heart rate/percentage to be at?

bodyfat(how do you test this)?

cycle
    M1T/4derm

Feel free to slam me and give the do and dont's for future posts. Thanks.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    IN CAPS BRO. . .

Quote Originally Posted by wantbiggunz
    Here's the deal. I used to do cardio in the AM on a empty stomach 3 times a week on non-workout days. That is not an option anymore.

1st question: Is cardio in the PM on a empty stomach just wasting my time? If not, how long and what do I do? I have always heard that in the AM on a empty stomach is better, because stored fat will be used for energy. I was told in the evening, I won't even hit stored fat for energy unless I do about an hour of cardio. Any truth to that?
    ALL TRUTH YOU ARE CORRECT

2nd question: What is the best device to use to monitor my heart rate so that I don't go overboard and start burning muscle, and what is the optimum heart rate/percentage to be at?
    THAT WOULD BE A HEART RATE MONITOR. . U COULD PROB FIND THEM ON MOST FITNESS SITES. AND FOR BEST FAT BURNING AND TO KEEP THAT MUSCLE KEEP YOU HR BETWEEN 65-75% OF YOUR MAX HR FOR 45-60 MINS

FIND SOME ONE LOCALY TO DO A 9 POINT CALIPER TEST. THE PERSONAL TRAINER AT YOUR GYM COULD PROB HELP YA OUT

cycle
    M1T/4derm

Feel free to slam me and give the do and dont's for future posts. Thanks.

Thanks Bra.

not a prob ma-man

Oh Yea, so am I just wasting my time in the evening??? I have no other choice...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not the time of day that makes AM cardio the best choice, it's that your stomach is empty and your blood glycogen has been depleted. This is what allows your body to use body fat for the fuel. In order to mimic this in the PM, you'll have to go without food for 6-8 hours. This is not good as you've already fasted for that long when you slept.

Most heart rate monitors are adequate. The optimum is 60-70% of your max heart rate. Your max = 220 minus age.

There are numerous was. Check out the attachement.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Hang on bro! Swole will be here shortly to get this answered for ya! But I think Bad Man hit it right on the head!

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Hang on bro! Swole will be here shortly to get this answered for ya! But I think Bad Man hit it right on the head!

MJ
    we might as well delete our post bad man. .our advice is no good i suppose

Thanks for all da help. I had a meal about 2-3 hrs ago, but need to go do some cardio.. Until I can obtain the monitor, how do I know if I should run/jog, or just walk fast. Should I just walk for about an hour real fast?? Confused, as I used to run a lot and never thought walking was worth a ****. Then I started losing weight instead of gaining it. Very confused and frustrated. I just recently found out that although I was working out like a dog, I was burning a lot more calories than I was consuming.. What a dumb ass.

Thanks for all da help. I had a meal about 2-3 hrs ago, but need to go do some cardio.. Until I can obtain the monitor, how do I know if I should run/jog, or just walk fast. Should I just walk for about an hour real fast?? Confused, as I used to run a lot and never thought walking was worth a ****. Then I started losing weight instead of gaining it. Very confused and frustrated. I just recently found out that although I was working out like a dog, I was burning a lot more calories than I was consuming.. What a dumb ass.
    a moderate incline walk on the treadmill will do the trick. . just fiddle around and find your right pace/incline

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    we might as well delete our post bad man. .our advice is no good i suppose
    I try not to let that bother me. When I was a noob, I used to post threads directed solely at Swole. His rep speaks for itself while the rest of us need to demonstrate that we know what we're talking about. Don't take it personally.

and if your not on a treadmill then go with a fast walk

You can go low tech and simply check your pulse with your finger.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I try not to let that bother me. When I was a noob, I used to post threads directed solely at Swole. His rep speaks for itself while the rest of us need to demonstrate that we know what we're talking about. Don't take it personally.
    I know man i dont. . it just gets frustrating sometimes. .esp when i am studying for my RD. it touches a nerve. OH WELL

peace out, thanks for the help. Gotta get up at 3:30. This **** site is addicting - - I'm neglecting my sleep for knowledge, but I think in the long run what don't kill me will make me stronger. Amazing how much I did not know. I wasted a lot of time over the years..

IcedEarth is offline New Member
    Check out the thread below entitled Working out in the a.m. with P.M. cardio.

Swole covered this topic in there on how to make PM cardio effective.

Thread Information