Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    My joints better think twice before they talk to me like that or it's on.....they will see what heavy really is and I won't supply them w/ glucosamine or msm anymore. lol

<<LMO>>
    when mine talk back i like to put about 900lbs on the leg press and just lock my knees out for 5 or 6 mins. i'll show them basterds!!!

DCB

Beernutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    when mine talk back i like to put about 900lbs on the leg press and just lock my knees out for 5 or 6 mins. i'll show them basterds!!!

DCB
    lolol...Thatll teach them to ache....

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Swole,
    I've been training heavy for years...worked up to a bench over 400...but I now follow the "instinctive" approach as you've mentioned. I have heavy weight/low rep days and alternate them with light weight/SPEED rep training days. On these speed training days it is less stessful on the joints but still very taxing on the muscles...it's really like plyometrics.
    Just wondering if that's an approach you believe in or not?
    Thanks big brother.
    -HB

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    Swole,
    I've been training heavy for years...worked up to a bench over 400...but I now follow the "instinctive" approach as you've mentioned. I have heavy weight/low rep days and alternate them with light weight/SPEED rep training days. On these speed training days it is less stessful on the joints but still very taxing on the muscles...it's really like plyometrics.
    Thanks big brother.
    -HB
    ive heard of that also

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Swole,
    Thanks big brother.
    -HB
    I thoroughly believe in this approach, yes!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I thoroughly believe in this approach, yes!

~SC~
    maybe it is just me but after my speed day I find my joints are ALOT of pain. it think its just my westside routine with the lockout speed of speed bench and speed squat. but maybe that is just me.

DCB

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    I never seem to have problems with the speed days. In fact, I wish I would've incorporated these workouts years ago. They've made me stronger in a short period of time and keeps me from bumming-out on constantly pushing heavy-ass poundages.
    Many powerlifters use a similar heavy/speed approach. I'd actually like to read some more on the subject if anyone has a thread to share.
    -HB

I never seem to have problems with the speed days. In fact, I wish I would've incorporated these workouts years ago. They've made me stronger in a short period of time and keeps me from bumming-out on constantly pushing heavy-ass poundages.
    Many powerlifters use a similar heavy/speed approach. I'd actually like to read some more on the subject if anyone has a thread to share.
    -HB
    I just posted my routine in the football forum if you guys wanna check it out

Dcb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information