td32 is offline Junior Member

!st meal of the day

When I get up early and knock out some cardio on an empty stomach, what is the ideal meal to follow up the cardio with? Not really the food, but the type. Like should it be protein with fat(like egg whites and some flax) or carbs/fats(oatmeal with natty peanut butter). And also, why would it be best to have that food after cardio. Any help would be appreciated.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Pro/fat. It helps maintain the lipolysis started during cardio.

If you consume carbs, your body will start using them for fuel instead of bodyfat.

Thanks, so you think going with an carb/protein would be good for the 2nd meal? I was thinking oatmeal with some protein, whether egg whites or shake. By the way, I guess I should have mentioned previously I am trying to lean up. I know how to work meals 3-6. Now I know the 1st, so that why I am asking about meal number 2 as well.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by td32
    When I get up early and knock out some cardio on an empty stomach, what is the ideal meal to follow up the cardio with? Not really the food, but the type. Like should it be protein with fat(like egg whites and some flax) or carbs/fats(oatmeal with natty peanut butter). And also, why would it be best to have that food after cardio. Any help would be appreciated.
    read the sticky bro, its all there. and wtf is this shlt you say of a carbs/fats(oatmeal with natty peanut butter) meal? what diet are you on brotha?, cause i know of none that tell you to mix 17g of fat with oatmeal

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    try this
    cardio
    pro/fat meal one
    pro/carb meal two
    pro/veggie meal three
    lift
    pro/dex meal four pwo
    pro/carb meal five ppwo
    pro/fat meal six

Buddy of mine that knows his **** and got shredded up for a competition told me about the oatmeal and natty PB, I guess to each his own. Regardless, thanks for the advice

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Oats and PB is not a good idea, not for the majority of people no.

Not saying it's "wrong", but it's not advice I'd ever give out.

What advice did the guy who "knows his sh*t" say? Wouldn't his outlook be key for you, since he told you of the oats/pb?

~SC~

I have been checking out the posts on this board for awhile, so I have a great deal of respect for the guys that post on here, especially you, Swole. His diet worked for him, but maybe it could have been better. I will trust you guys, as you know far more about nutrition then me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, that's cool bro, glad you are open like that. I'm not saying this guy has no credibility at all, it's just that I'd be more interested in seeing his entire layout, and why that choice. That suggestion is simply not a popular one, hence me asking about it.

What I meant about him was, what did he tell you to do/eat after cardio, if anything?

~SC~

I know you are gonna hate hearing this, so dont rape me too hard, but I was boozing pretty hard this weekend when we were talking about it. It was my last hoorah as I am gonna try to get my ass in shape. This dude is pretty legit, not in your category, but he did a ton of research, dropped his bf% from 19 to 4. He had like a 5 month daily meal routine and all that stuff layed out. He is like 6'3 and dropped down to 245, I think he is bulking again and is close to 270. He is a freak in the weight room. I think he knocked 225 out on the bench close to 45 times. Regardless, I am gonna quit sucking him off now...I know he agrees with a lot of stuff from this board, but he also has his own beliefs. But like you guys say, everybody is different and you gotta toy with your diet to make it right for yourself.

Thread Information