Thread: Soy milk?

CYCLEON Guest

Soy milk?

Anybody drink this stuff - tried vanilla Silk tonight, wasnt bad. got less calories as milk but same protien, maybe a few flavanoids.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,ve tried it but prefer the old Cow Juice myself apart from lower cals can,t see any great benefits and from what I remember it was more expensive

Billy

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    APPARANTLY!! Here you go

The scientific evidence of soy Studies have also suggested that substituting soy for animal protein can reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the so-called bad cholesterol, lower triglycerides, another measure of blood fat, and raise the good “HDL” that carries fat out of the bloodstream.
    A recent study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that eating 20 grams of soy a day can reduce levels of cholesterol in as little as nine weeks.

Easy ways to get soy into the diet include using soy milk, which contains about 6 to 8 grams in an 8-ounce serving.

So there you go! Taste aside because its a bit strange it has less calories, is more expensive and harder to get hold of OH BUT LETS NOT FORGET APPARANTLY ITS GOOD FOR THE HEART! But joking aside Soy protein is a good suppliment to your protein in your diet! Ok as Flex would say not as good as Whey or heaven forbid Celltech LOL but a good addition! I sometimes add some vegefuel to my food as it has soy protein im not against different protein sources.

I wouldnt Alleviate milk totally from your diet good calcium and all that but you could add it to your cereal.

Sorry have i gone on too much

Ms Figure

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Sounds good living up to that rep!!

There is so much on the markert for lowering LDL at the moment including yogurts !!

Soy is a good protein as you said ,but does,nt come top on my list and the tates arghh gross.

Billy

Thread Information