Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    try some echinacea(i think thats how you spell it) with goldenseal... That **** helps me tons when i start to get a little sick. I take it at the first sign of anything with tons of vit C like you are, and my symptoms go away before i ever even get sick!

Farmer is offline Member

9/7/04

Thanks for the advice angel, I will give that a shot as well.

45mins with the usual supplements this morning. I have chest/shoulders and some tri this afternoon. Talk to you all then..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/7/04

Had to throw this post up...just got a call from a person I know in admissions at my school and I got what I hoped for...4.0 for the term! Sweet..I've got one term left and I'm going to do everything I can do finish the program with a 4.0..ahhh it feels so good..

Peace

Farmer

Talk to ya'll after the workout

Farmer is offline Member

9/8/04

Ahh another 45 minutes in the books..and btw I was pressed for time yesterday so did not update after my workout but it was good. Talk to you all tomorrow after back.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/9/04

Finished my back and bi workout, it was VERY good. I was pretty dead by the end for bi's but they still got a good thrashing. Talk to you all tomorrow after my AM cardio and then legs in the afternoon..and I get my bodyfat tested again for the 2 week checkup.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Keep up the good work bro, will you happen to be posting before and after pics when all this is said and done? Ihave been on my "Lifestyle Change" for 2 weeks now and i could'nt be happier.

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Keep up the good work bro, will you happen to be posting before and after pics when all this is said and done? Ihave been on my "Lifestyle Change" for 2 weeks now and i could'nt be happier.
    Yep, when this whole deal is done with I will post some before and afters. Good luck with yours, each day is better than the last and you are making progress toward your goals whether you see it or not.

Peace

Farmer

Farmer is offline Member

9/10/04

Finished up 45 minutes of cardio earlier and had the 5g of glut, 1g of vit c and some acetyl l-carnitine. Getting ready to grub and I will post after my leg workout. Any suggestions on possibly adding some oatmeal and lean protein to the meal prior to my pre-workout applesauce and shake? legs are VERY taxing and I hit the wall pretty early.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/10/04 ::update::

Just got back from the gym and had my bodyfat done, last time was 2 weeks ago.

Weight: 222
    BF%: 20.8
    Fat pounds: 46.17
    Lean mass: 175.83

LAST TIME:
    Weight: 226
    BF%: 21.3%
    Lean mass: 177.87
    Lbs of fat: 48.13

Hmm.. I like the drop in fat but I don't like the lean mass numbers..I recently (last 2 times) upped my pwo carbs from 60 grams to 75. I will keep it there and see if that helps at all. Anymore suggestions??

BTW, I look way better in the mirror than I did 2 weeks ago..and there were some variables tonight (holding water etc..)
    Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member
    I was thinking some more..should I bump up the protein a little more or healthy fats?? I have upped my pwo carbs, first in the shake and then later I will up the ppwo meal, sound reasonable?

Peace

Farmer

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer
    I was thinking some more..should I bump up the protein a little more or healthy fats?? I have upped my pwo carbs, first in the shake and then later I will up the ppwo meal, sound reasonable?

Peace

Farmer
    what is your total now for each? I would say up your pro as long as you already have enough fat.

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    what is your total now for each? I would say up your pro as long as you already have enough fat.
    Each pro/fat meal was 14-15g fat with 40g protein I was thinking of bumping it to 45g of protein per meal and see how that worked. I added the carbs pwo..well here is a sample
    NONWORKOUT
    Meal 1: 3 pieces of turkey bacon (2.5g fat, 2g pro each), 2 whole eggs (5g fat, 7g pro each) and 8 whites (3g pro each) = 17.5g fat 44g protein

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey 46g protein and 30g cashews 14g fat

meal 3: 1 1/2 cans tuna fish (45g protein) 1 1/4 tbs mayo 15g fat

Meal 4: same as meal 2 or 3

meal 5: 45g protein from chicken tenders with 1 tbps olive oil

Meal 6: 6oz london broil 42g protein and 14g fat

Workout days are
    Meal 1: Same as above
    Meal 2 same as above
    Meal 3: pre-workout 30g carbs (applesauce) 30g protein (whey)
    Meal 4: PWO shake 80g dextrose and 40g protein
    Meal 5: PPWO meal 30g protein and 60g carbs
    meal 6: 2 scoops whey (45g protein) 30g cashews 14g fat
    Meal 7: tuna fish (meal 3 above) or meal 6 above (london broil)

It is late and I had a long day at work but I wanted to throw this up there...the diet on the beginning page is not even being used...and this is the diet I have for TODAY it has had a few changes since yesterday (pwo carbs in shake were increased) any insight would be appreciated by everyone and anyone!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    Last edited by Farmer; 09-12-2004 at 10:51 AM. Reason: emphasis

Each pro/fat meal was 14-15g fat with 40g protein I was thinking of bumping it to 45g of protein per meal and see how that worked. I added the carbs pwo..well here is a sample
    NONWORKOUT
    Meal 1: 3 pieces of turkey bacon (2.5g fat, 2g pro each), 2 whole eggs (5g fat, 7g pro each) and 8 whites (3g pro each) = 17.5g fat 44g protein

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey 46g protein and 30g cashews 14g fat

meal 3: 1 1/2 cans tuna fish (45g protein) 1 1/4 tbs mayo 15g fat

Meal 4: same as meal 2 or 3

meal 5: 45g protein from chicken tenders with 1 tbps olive oil
    This meal should be pro/carb. The only diff on nonworkout days should be PWO.
    Meal 6: 6oz london broil 42g protein and 14g fat

Workout days are
    Meal 1: Same as above
    Meal 2 same as above
    Meal 3: pre-workout 30g carbs (applesauce) 30g protein (whey)
    Make this pro/fat and make sure you give yourself at least an hour before your workout
    Meal 4: PWO shake 80g dextrose and 40g protein
    Meal 5: PPWO meal 30g protein and 60g carbs
    You need more protein.
    meal 6: 2 scoops whey (45g protein) 30g cashews 14g fat
    Meal 7: tuna fish (meal 3 above) or meal 6 above (london broil)

It is late and I had a long day at work but I wanted to throw this up there...the diet on the beginning page is not even being used...and this is the diet I have for TODAY it has had a few changes since yesterday (pwo carbs in shake were increased) any insight would be appreciated by everyone and anyone!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    I would say shoot for 250g protein, 120g carbs, and 60-75g fat. The protein may even be higher since you are getting 7 meals on workout days.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    I would say shoot for 250g protein, 120g carbs, and 60-75g fat. The protein may even be higher since you are getting 7 meals on workout days.

If hes going to have carbs on non-workout days, brian, it should be meal 3, not meal 5.

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    If hes going to have carbs on non-workout days, brian, it should be meal 3, not meal 5.
    No carbs on non-workout days..could it possibly be beneficial later on if I plateau again? Throw some oats in like meal 2 or something after cardio? I don't feel the need yet but I don't think I was consumeing enough calories before hand. Now for the update..

45 mins of cardio this morning with 1g of vit c and 5g of glut and 500mg ALC and 5g of glutamine post cardio...

Thanks again for the help everyone...I am completely focused and serious about this whole process..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

No carbs on non-workout days..could it possibly be beneficial later on if I plateau again? Throw some oats in like meal 2 or something after cardio? I don't feel the need yet but I don't think I was consumeing enough calories before hand. Now for the update..

45 mins of cardio this morning with 1g of vit c and 5g of glut and 500mg ALC and 5g of glutamine post cardio...

Thanks again for the help everyone...I am completely focused and serious about this whole process..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

You definetly don't have to consume carbs on non-workout days. What changes have you noticed with your body so far? Keep up the good work bro!

Sure why not, IMO I dont think it will make a difference. But I def think you do need one carb meal on a cut diet on nonworkout days.

Farmer is offline Member
    You definetly don't have to consume carbs on non-workout days. What changes have you noticed with your body so far? Keep up the good work bro!

I am visually a lot leaner...especially in the morning I love it. I will get up for my morning piss and won't be holding a lot of subcutaneous water and i can run my hand over my stomach and the upper portion is getting pretty thin. I can feel my abs and my hand actually rubs OVER them. I pinch my sides and there isn't as much as there use to be and one thing I am LOVING is veins are starting to show in my forearms and biceps..the conditions have to be JUST right but it is still a sign of progress. My dream is when I go to hug my girlfriend for the first time in months that my arms will be vascular, when that happens it will be the first time in my life I have had veins showing in my arms..ahhhh its the little things that matter

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

I am visually a lot leaner...especially in the morning I love it. I will get up for my morning piss and won't be holding a lot of subcutaneous water and i can run my hand over my stomach and the upper portion is getting pretty thin. I can feel my abs and my hand actually rubs OVER them. I pinch my sides and there isn't as much as there use to be and one thing I am LOVING is veins are starting to show in my forearms and biceps..the conditions have to be JUST right but it is still a sign of progress. My dream is when I go to hug my girlfriend for the first time in months that my arms will be vascular, when that happens it will be the first time in my life I have had veins showing in my arms..ahhhh its the little things that matter

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Great work brutha, keep it up!

Farmer is offline Member
    Great work brutha, keep it up!
    Thanks slizz, you've had my back since day one and I appreciate all the positive comments, they really do help.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Thanks slizz, you've had my back since day one and I appreciate all the positive comments, they really do help.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

no doubt bro

Farmer is offline Member

9/13/04

Did 45mins of cardio this morning with my 5g of glut pre and post cardio, 1g of vitamin c and my 500mg ALC. Talk to ya'll after the workout this afternoon.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/13/04

Sup, just finished up my back/chest workout, it felt awesome...in the process now of cooking some chicken and such for my meal and then heading to work. I've got cardio in the morning and then work all day. Looking forward to arms/shoulders on wed however..take care everyone

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/14/04

Definently feeling that chest/back day yesterday I slept in past my alarm by a few and had to drop cardio to 30 mins today, I had a feeling of not doing it at all but I dropped that thought quick. Talk to you all later.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Definently feeling that chest/back day yesterday I slept in past my alarm by a few and had to drop cardio to 30 mins today, I had a feeling of not doing it at all but I dropped that thought quick. Talk to you all later.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Way to stay strong brutha, you're really living by the phrase "today for tomorrow." I admire and respect your dedication.

How is the CLA working for you?

Farmer is offline Member
    Way to stay strong brutha, you're really living by the phrase "today for tomorrow." I admire and respect your dedication.

How is the CLA working for you?
    Thanks again slizz!

As far as the CLA goes, its hard to say. I am really pleased with the results thus far and the CLA I am sure has played a part of it. I've read enough about the stuff and the results I've had overall so far that I am gonna keep on with it. So in a nutshell it gets 2 thumps up

Talk to you all tomorrow after my workout and I am heading over to this place called "Build-A-Bear" to get a stuffed bear to send to my girlfriend for our 1 year. So tomorrow is gonna be a good day, especially after what I know will be a kick ass shoulder/arm workout. I was bored as heck at work tonight and practically ran through two workouts mentally in my head. Adios until Cardio update!

~Today For Tomorrow~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Farmer... in all honesty you've always been a huge inspiration to me. I remember your old journal and it helped me become more and more dedicated and discipline. You've always had a huge positive impact on me, even if you knew that or not. Thank you for keeping this thing rolling it has helped me get back in gear. Oh and also, I have your quote, "Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow" in huge letters on my wall and it has motivated me in all aspects of life. Once more thank you!@

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Farmer... in all honesty you've always been a huge inspiration to me. I remember your old journal and it helped me become more and more dedicated and discipline. You've always had a huge positive impact on me, even if you knew that or not. Thank you for keeping this thing rolling it has helped me get back in gear. Oh and also, I have your quote, "Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow" in huge letters on my wall and it has motivated me in all aspects of life. Once more thank you!@
    Powerful sh!t. Maybe I should start reading this thread more often. Way to go Farmer

Farmer is offline Member

Talking

You guys are the best!

Elliot: You have no idea how much your post meant to me man. I was kind've having a dragging morning but when I read that man I'm ready to go for another 6 months! Knowing that you inspired or motivated someone is one of the most powerful things in life. Especially when you really are not trying to you ya know? I think that is what makes it mean so much. That's what this boards all about man, a place for people to live and learn and more importantly feed off each other to keep everything going. I love that aspect of this place and that is why even though I am a member at 5-6 different boards I choose to post the stuff that is most importantly here, because of the good bros like yourself! Thanks again

Brian11: Thanks bro! You better catch up on the reading I've got another 10 weeks!

Until this afternoon everyone..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

You guys are the best!

Elliot: You have no idea how much your post meant to me man. I was kind've having a dragging morning but when I read that man I'm ready to go for another 6 months! Knowing that you inspired or motivated someone is one of the most powerful things in life. Especially when you really are not trying to you ya know? I think that is what makes it mean so much. That's what this boards all about man, a place for people to live and learn and more importantly feed off each other to keep everything going. I love that aspect of this place and that is why even though I am a member at 5-6 different boards I choose to post the stuff that is most importantly here, because of the good bros like yourself! Thanks again

Brian11: Thanks bro! You better catch up on the reading I've got another 10 weeks!

Until this afternoon everyone..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Make sure you take plenty of before/during/after pics for yourself and for us to see!

Farmer is offline Member
    Make sure you take plenty of before/during/after pics for yourself and for us to see!
    For sure! As of now I am taking pics every monday, front relaxed, Left and right side relaxed, and back relaxed...I might start snapping some after training pics for the heck of it and throw it in a different folder. (I've got a specific folder that has all the dates of the pics and such for this cutting diet)

For the update, I had a great shoulder/arm workout..I am dragging a little bit as far as energy because I must be fighting something. When I was at the mall picking up the teddy bear for my girl I was constantly hacking up stuff (lovely pic I know) nothing to serious but phlegm none the less. Just gonna pound some herbs and vit c and keep on trucking. If it gets real bad I might back off the cardio a little or training not sure what, I will keep the diet on point though. Too many times in the past I have gotten a little sick and made it a free for all as far as diet goes. Not this time however, its 100% or nothin..take care everyone!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

For sure! As of now I am taking pics every monday, front relaxed, Left and right side relaxed, and back relaxed...I might start snapping some after training pics for the heck of it and throw it in a different folder. (I've got a specific folder that has all the dates of the pics and such for this cutting diet)

For the update, I had a great shoulder/arm workout..I am dragging a little bit as far as energy because I must be fighting something. When I was at the mall picking up the teddy bear for my girl I was constantly hacking up stuff (lovely pic I know) nothing to serious but phlegm none the less. Just gonna pound some herbs and vit c and keep on trucking. If it gets real bad I might back off the cardio a little or training not sure what, I will keep the diet on point though. Too many times in the past I have gotten a little sick and made it a free for all as far as diet goes. Not this time however, its 100% or nothin..take care everyone!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    I hope you feel better bro, don't let it get to you mentally. Definetly don't drop the cardio because its so good for you even when you're feeling a little under the weather. Sweat your ass off then come home and take a steaming hot shower, just what the doctor ordered! Keep at it bro!

Farmer is offline Member

9/16/04

Thanks slizz!

Finished up 45 minutes of cardio and had the "usual" pre and post-cardio. I am noticing one thing, it is really difficult to get my HR up now. I know it's a good thing but **** I was on like incline 5.5-6 and 3.2 mph and barely making my 130 BPM. Alright everyone, have a good day!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Foxedogg is offline New Member
    goog job bro Im just reading up on all these post about cutting im starting to get real serious about working out again. one thing to keep in mind dont burn yourself out. make sure you keep it all fun and you cant go wrong just my 2c

Foxedogg is offline New Member
    goog job bro Im just reading up on all these post about cutting im starting to get real serious about working out again. one thing to keep in mind dont burn yourself out. make sure you keep it all fun and you cant go wrong just my 2c

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    sounds like ur on ur way bro keep up the good work i'll be following this thread....

Farmer is offline Member
    First off thanks for the kind words Fox and Bigpup!

Now for a little update, this doesn't have anything to do with my workouts or fitness at all. The main reason I started this thread was because my girlfriend was going to be gone for awhile and I really needed to focus on something (here is the thread: (http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=118151) and so far it has gone really well. The diet I am speaking about. I went back and read through that post and I couldn't believe I wrote some of the things I did, I mean I can't believe how bad I was feeling at the time. I remember how tough it was but it's somewhat weird feeling how I do now and reading how I felt then, especially when the emotions don't match at all. Since then I have spoken to her quite a few times and I write and receive letters at least twice a week. We are doing awesome, she is truely my soulmate and we have plans on getting married when she gets back. How soon I don't know, I will be going to Pharmacy school in the future, so we really will need to talk to about a good time. I know that at the latest she will be back in the middle of December, which is a ways away but this past month plus has gone by fast. The fact that emotionally I am a lot better will only help time go by now, during the first period I was a train wreck and never really wanted to face the day without her. But that has all changed and to be honest I couldn't be happier now, I have the best thing in the world coming back to me right before Christmas! who can ask for much more of a gift than that? I've also got quite a few things going on that kind've serve as "stepping stones" for lack of a better term to get me through this time. I start school on Monday the 20th and that term will end on December 9th, so that alone will get me through it and I really enjoy the classes and will be working my ass off to finish the program with a 4.0. I have a national exam on the 13th of November that I will be devoting a lot of time to preparing for. I am thinking of snagging the Olympia on pay-per-view so that is something to look forward to. And most of all, probably the biggest thing I am looking forward to is the show starting sometime early this fall. As I am writing this and posting all the things that are positive it is amazing how a persons perception can change and really see the good in things. My point of view was distorted in the beginning because of the sadness of her leaving and I really didn't see anything positive in the situation at the time, in fact I was probably being selfish for myself, but on the same token I know she was very sad and it was tough for her. Now I sit here and can see all the positive things, and this thread and your support have made a tremendous impact on me. I told her what I was doing and she couldn't be any happier, I can't wait to see her when this is all done and I know she can't wait to see me. This whole thing still kind've seems like a dream ..well I figured I would post this and kind've let you guys know what else is going on from the normal "45 minutes of cardio and such " again thank you for all the kind words, you have no idea how much those can help when someone is feeling down or needs that little push.

Good night

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/17/04

Just finished my AM cardio...the usual 45minutes with my glutamine, ACL and vit C...I've got some errands to run and grocery shopping to do before I hit legs this afternoon..talk to you guys then.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

First off thanks for the kind words Fox and Bigpup!

Now for a little update, this doesn't have anything to do with my workouts or fitness at all. The main reason I started this thread was because my girlfriend was going to be gone for awhile and I really needed to focus on something (here is the thread: (http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=118151) and so far it has gone really well. The diet I am speaking about. I went back and read through that post and I couldn't believe I wrote some of the things I did, I mean I can't believe how bad I was feeling at the time. I remember how tough it was but it's somewhat weird feeling how I do now and reading how I felt then, especially when the emotions don't match at all. Since then I have spoken to her quite a few times and I write and receive letters at least twice a week. We are doing awesome, she is truely my soulmate and we have plans on getting married when she gets back. How soon I don't know, I will be going to Pharmacy school in the future, so we really will need to talk to about a good time. I know that at the latest she will be back in the middle of December, which is a ways away but this past month plus has gone by fast. The fact that emotionally I am a lot better will only help time go by now, during the first period I was a train wreck and never really wanted to face the day without her. But that has all changed and to be honest I couldn't be happier now, I have the best thing in the world coming back to me right before Christmas! who can ask for much more of a gift than that? I've also got quite a few things going on that kind've serve as "stepping stones" for lack of a better term to get me through this time. I start school on Monday the 20th and that term will end on December 9th, so that alone will get me through it and I really enjoy the classes and will be working my ass off to finish the program with a 4.0. I have a national exam on the 13th of November that I will be devoting a lot of time to preparing for. I am thinking of snagging the Olympia on pay-per-view so that is something to look forward to. And most of all, probably the biggest thing I am looking forward to is the show starting sometime early this fall. As I am writing this and posting all the things that are positive it is amazing how a persons perception can change and really see the good in things. My point of view was distorted in the beginning because of the sadness of her leaving and I really didn't see anything positive in the situation at the time, in fact I was probably being selfish for myself, but on the same token I know she was very sad and it was tough for her. Now I sit here and can see all the positive things, and this thread and your support have made a tremendous impact on me. I told her what I was doing and she couldn't be any happier, I can't wait to see her when this is all done and I know she can't wait to see me. This whole thing still kind've seems like a dream ..well I figured I would post this and kind've let you guys know what else is going on from the normal "45 minutes of cardio and such " again thank you for all the kind words, you have no idea how much those can help when someone is feeling down or needs that little push.

Good night

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

You're making amazing progress bro, and congrats on you and your gf!

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    keep makin progress bro awesome sheit!! cant wait to see pics at the end of all of this

dcb

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information