Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Farmer is offline Member
    Thanks Slizz and Dalco!

I hope the after pics meet all the "hype" If not then I know it wasn't from lack of effort..I'm not too worried however..each day is progress and that is what really matters, in reality there really isn't no time limit for this, this is lifelong.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer
    Thanks Slizz and Dalco!

I hope the after pics meet all the "hype" If not then I know it wasn't from lack of effort..I'm not too worried however..each day is progress and that is what really matters, in reality there really isn't no time limit for this, this is lifelong.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    and if they dont live up to all the hype there is always photshop!!

everything your doing is in check, there IS and will be great results i got a feelin

dcb

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    and if they dont live up to all the hype there is always photshop!!

everything your doing is in check, there IS and will be great results i got a feelin

dcb
    hehe, I've got photoshop too..a coincidence actually, I was trying to edit this pic I've got of my girl and I and add some cool effects to it and put "Today For Tomorrow" in the background of it but it wouldn't work. It's a ripped copy so I don't have any manuals for it and it seems complicated to use

Peace

Farmer

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    hehe, I've got photoshop too..a coincidence actually, I was trying to edit this pic I've got of my girl and I and add some cool effects to it and put "Today For Tomorrow" in the background of it but it wouldn't work. It's a ripped copy so I don't have any manuals for it and it seems complicated to use

Peace

Farmer

I can help you sometime with that, PM me if you need it.

Farmer is offline Member
    Thanks slizz, I will be takeing you up on that offer in the near future..

As far as training it was a good day..I am getting pretty burned out and the weights are dropping as well, too much volume I believe. I have used DC training in the past and I think I am going to give it a shot again, it worked great for me and was just the right amount of weight training to go along with the cardio. This is the most cardio I have ever done before at 5-6x per week. I'll keep you guys updated..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Thanks slizz, I will be takeing you up on that offer in the near future..

As far as training it was a good day..I am getting pretty burned out and the weights are dropping as well, too much volume I believe. I have used DC training in the past and I think I am going to give it a shot again, it worked great for me and was just the right amount of weight training to go along with the cardio. This is the most cardio I have ever done before at 5-6x per week. I'll keep you guys updated..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    Whats your routine like? You might want to start taking 5g of creatine ED to help with the loss in strength due to caloric deficit.

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Whats your routine like? You might want to start taking 5g of creatine ED to help with the loss in strength due to caloric deficit.
    Been doin that, I have actually been taking 5g glutamine, 5g bcaa's, 5g creatine 2-3x a day with SAN loaded. I read about the stack on muscle mayhem from bodyfx. I'll be honest there have been a few days where I didn't use it at all..but when I first started it I really liked it and it did work VERY well..I got a little discouraged I think when I got my bf% tested and I was holding some water and it threw my results off..but by going by the mirror I am doing fine..I might give it another week and see...I can't expect too much since I am doing cardio **** near every day. I wouldn't have a fatigue problem if I wasn't training so intense..when I feel like giving up during a set I think of how bad I want this and seeing my girlfriend after so long and I start telling myself "you gonna ****ing stop now?? hell no! you can get 2 more its all paying off in the end" and somehow and someway I end up amazing myself and for the first time I can actually truthfully say I **** near threw up today, unlike some folks who say they do it all the time this wasn't from food I ate before the workout this was from pushing my self, it felt awesome. It's late now and my legs feel like I've got the flu, they ache SOOO bad and are sore as hell..

Here is the routine...due to my school, work (3 jobs, well ones internship) I can only lift m-w-f which is fine
    Monday: Chest/Back
    Wed: Shoulders/Arms
    Fri: Legs
    abs mon-fri

Im falling asleep, I will post up some exercises and such, mostly 3-4 exercises per bodypart and 3-4 sets 12,10,10,10 or 8 rep scheme

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    Last edited by Farmer; 09-18-2004 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Routine

Been doin that, I have actually been taking 5g glutamine, 5g bcaa's, 5g creatine 2-3x a day with SAN loaded. I read about the stack on muscle mayhem from bodyfx. I'll be honest there have been a few days where I didn't use it at all..but when I first started it I really liked it and it did work VERY well..I got a little discouraged I think when I got my bf% tested and I was holding some water and it threw my results off..but by going by the mirror I am doing fine..I might give it another week and see...I can't expect too much since I am doing cardio **** near every day. I wouldn't have a fatigue problem if I wasn't training so intense..when I feel like giving up during a set I think of how bad I want this and seeing my girlfriend after so long and I start telling myself "you gonna ****ing stop now?? hell no! you can get 2 more its all paying off in the end" and somehow and someway I end up amazing myself and for the first time I can actually truthfully say I **** near threw up today, unlike some folks who say they do it all the time this wasn't from food I ate before the workout this was from pushing my self, it felt awesome. It's late now and my legs feel like I've got the flu, they ache SOOO bad and are sore as hell..

Here is the routine...due to my school, work (3 jobs, well ones internship) I can only lift m-w-f which is fine
    Monday: Chest/Back
    Wed: Shoulders/Arms
    Fri: Legs
    abs mon-fri

Im falling asleep, I will post up some exercises and such, mostly 3-4 exercises per bodypart and 3-4 sets 12,10,10,10 or 8 rep scheme

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~
    When were you taking the Loaded? I've heard a lot about it.

Farmer is offline Member
    when I would take the creatine, bcaa's etc in between meals..it is spendy but it is pun intended LOADED with stuff ..

Peace

Farmer

Farmer is offline Member

9/20/04

Well..last night I couldn't sleep for some reason..I was tossing around in bed from 10:00 until 1:00 or so..I was thinking a lot about my girl and life in general...it was all good though..so when 5:50AM rolled around I rolled my ass out of bed for a ritual that will repeat itself for the next 10 weeks. Monday through Friday I have to be somwhwere at 8Am every AM so I will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn. It's all good though because I love it..I look around my neighborhood and hardly any lights are on and Im in my basement watching old Ronnie Coleman videos doing my cardio hehe..Still thinking about that first time I see my girl in all the days..weeks..months..and then be able to look at myself in the mirror and be like "****...this **** was all worth it..every SECOND" hell yeah, getting psyched just thinking about it..this **** truely is "Today For Tomorrow"..once I get a little leaner I think im gonna get a cutoff shirt made with "Today For Tomorrow" written on the front so I can see it in the mirror when I'm lifting..yeah I think I will..well all I start my DC training today..I wrote up all my programs from now until December 20th, I'll let you guys know how it goes after my workout today. Until then I recite the song from billy madison in my head "Back to school...back to school...to prove to daddy I'm not a fool" hehe..adios ya'll

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow!!!~

Well..last night I couldn't sleep for some reason..I was tossing around in bed from 10:00 until 1:00 or so..I was thinking a lot about my girl and life in general...it was all good though..so when 5:50AM rolled around I rolled my ass out of bed for a ritual that will repeat itself for the next 10 weeks. Monday through Friday I have to be somwhwere at 8Am every AM so I will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn. It's all good though because I love it..I look around my neighborhood and hardly any lights are on and Im in my basement watching old Ronnie Coleman videos doing my cardio hehe..Still thinking about that first time I see my girl in all the days..weeks..months..and then be able to look at myself in the mirror and be like "****...this **** was all worth it..every SECOND" hell yeah, getting psyched just thinking about it..this **** truely is "Today For Tomorrow"..once I get a little leaner I think im gonna get a cutoff shirt made with "Today For Tomorrow" written on the front so I can see it in the mirror when I'm lifting..yeah I think I will..well all I start my DC training today..I wrote up all my programs from now until December 20th, I'll let you guys know how it goes after my workout today. Until then I recite the song from billy madison in my head "Back to school...back to school...to prove to daddy I'm not a fool" hehe..adios ya'll

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow!!!~
    Best of luck to you in everything coming up bro.

Farmer is offline Member
    Thanks slizz! As always I appreciate your words.

Little PRE-WORKOUT update..I picked up this product called "NeuroStim" by Scivation. It's a mental and focus enhancer plus energy. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I had to try it. I will give you guys feedback positive or negative after the workout. First day of DC.

Peace

Farmer

Thanks slizz! As always I appreciate your words.

Little PRE-WORKOUT update..I picked up this product called "NeuroStim" by Scivation. It's a mental and focus enhancer plus energy. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I had to try it. I will give you guys feedback positive or negative after the workout. First day of DC.

Peace

Farmer
    OH!! Good luck with the DC training, definetly let us know how that works out for you!

Farmer is offline Member
    Well I would have to say the neurostim works pretty well, considering I got hardly any sleep last night and did cardio this morning and I'm fighting off something I believe, I felt pretty **** good..still a little early to tell though.

DC training is good, I really think this is what I am gonna be using for the remainder. The workouts are intense and sweet and I like the rotations. I'm rushed for work but I'll post my split and everything up later.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/22/04

Wow..I can't believe how busy I have been this week. I kind've miss those three weeks I had off now, I was able to fit in cardio and a workout with no problem. This first week is hectic and I am gonna get 2 cardio sessions in this week and then 2 this weekend. I'm gonna have to figure out what to do because getting up at 5:40 every morning is going to be tough. M-W-F I've got class from 8-12 then a break until 4 and in that time I do my homework and workout, and then I leave for work until 9:30. T-TH I am at my internship from 8-3 and then my real job from 4:30 until 9:30. The diet is gonna stay the same so I will be fine there..any suggestions?? Hopefully after this 1st week my body will become accustomed to the schedule and it won't be that bad on me but I can't slip in school, as important as cutting down is school is #1 and this is my last quarter and I can't lose it now.
    BTW, had a really good arm and leg workout today..20 rep squats were killer! Talk to you guys either tomorrow for Friday after upper body DC style!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Wow..I can't believe how busy I have been this week. I kind've miss those three weeks I had off now, I was able to fit in cardio and a workout with no problem. ~Today For Tomorrow~
    No doubt bro....
    Keep at it... I think the journal is helping you stay motivated

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I don't see why an amino acid would reduce the absorbtion of the same amino acid. I could see not taking the two together just to avoid wasting it. Even if the glutamine in the whey was somehow blocked, woudln't the glutamine supplement then be absorbed? I think its an old gym teachers tale, unless something ahs been published on it that I haven't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    "Glutamine will reduce the absorption of the glutamine peptides in your whey protein, which would defeat the purpose of adding it." - AngelXterminator

That's why you split them up...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    I don't see why an amino acid would reduce the absorbtion of the same amino acid. I could see not taking the two together just to avoid wasting it. Even if the glutamine in the whey was somehow blocked, woudln't the glutamine supplement then be absorbed? I think its an old gym teachers tale, unless something ahs been published on it that I haven't seen.
    That's basically what i think AngelX meant... why take more, when it's already there... you don't need a pound of glut a day... know what I mean?

Same as how something like protein works, I believe, your body won't properly use 200g of protein in an hour for example.. so you spread it out... the protein will turn to fat, and is wasted if you don't....

Sorry if this is worded wrong lol, it's late....
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 09-22-2004 at 11:45 PM.

Sounds like you're incredibly busy bro. You'll figure everything out for sure so don't sweat it. Stick to the diet and get that cardio in whenever you can. Goodluck with classes/job/internship.

Farmer is offline Member
    Thanks slizz, I am gonna sit back this weekend and figure everything out. I KNOW I will not skimp on the diet one bit so I am not worried there. I will do cardio on Saturday and Sunday. So I am hopeing to get at LEAST 1 day in during the week. I don't think it will be that bad because A) already in a kcal defecit with the diet B) With the DC training Im busting my ass in the gym C) 3 days of cardio a week is cool, and if worst comes to worst within the last 3-4 weeks leading up to her getting back I can throw in some double cardio sessions to shock myself.

As of now though I'm pretty toasted, its 3:30 now and I just got home and I've been at work since 7:45. Im heading out the door in an hour for UPS and I'll be back around 9:30..and ****, I've got homework

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Thanks slizz, I am gonna sit back this weekend and figure everything out. I KNOW I will not skimp on the diet one bit so I am not worried there. I will do cardio on Saturday and Sunday. So I am hopeing to get at LEAST 1 day in during the week. I don't think it will be that bad because A) already in a kcal defecit with the diet B) With the DC training Im busting my ass in the gym C) 3 days of cardio a week is cool, and if worst comes to worst within the last 3-4 weeks leading up to her getting back I can throw in some double cardio sessions to shock myself.

As of now though I'm pretty toasted, its 3:30 now and I just got home and I've been at work since 7:45. Im heading out the door in an hour for UPS and I'll be back around 9:30..and ****, I've got homework

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Just figure every little part one bit at a time, cardio/diet/lifting etc then it will just all fall into place and you'll get into the swing of things with your new busy schedule. I always think its better to be busy then to be bored You're doin great bro, today for tomorrow.

Farmer is offline Member

9/24/04

Sup everyone,

Just got back from my upperbod DC workout...****..I was pretty wore out but got in a **** good workout. Will be getting my bf% tested tonight and then we will see where its at. I'm gonna rest up this weekend and get some cardio in as well. Then we will see what the new week has in store for me. I will be working on adding my cardio in the mornings again..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

Update

It's FRIDAY!! and what does Farmer do on every other friday?? That's right folks! its bodyfat testin' time!

LAST TIME (9/10/04)
    Weight: 222
    BF%: 20.8
    Fat pounds: 46.17
    Lean mass: 175.83

THIS TIME
    Weight: 218
    BF% 19.1
    Fat pounds: 41.6
    Lean mass: 176.4

I really needed that, that was just the little morale boost I needed. I was getting depressed about my girl and stressed about my schedule but F all of it now. I've got 9 weeks to go so that is 4 more bodyfat tests I have to look forward to. It's time to get this **** going for real now! Before I was spoon fed, no school all day to myself..cardio was easy then..but now Im busy as hell and this is where "Today For Tomorrow" gets its meaning..this is where I am either made or I am broke..Oh im tearing **** up for here on out! I appreciate all the support fellas!!!!!!!!

Peace

Farmer

~Today for F*cking Tomorrow!!!!!!~

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    sheit bro, almost 2 percent in 2 weeks nice work. keep it goin!!!

dcb

Farmer is offline Member

9/26/04

Good morning...

Just finished up 45mins of cardio..feeling good..a little nose congestion but I am not worried, I am at the tail end of a little stint with the sickness. Heading off to work and having some bbq chicken tonight at my moms for my cheat day. It should be some good stuff...of course I've got to have the trimmings..I might do it Ronnie style and have some cornbread..mmm mmm...I think I will..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member
    **** ****...got some kind've sick bug and I'll be MIA for a few days...I knew I should have ditched cardio on Sunday and slept in..oh well what the hell..now is time for rest..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Hope you feel better soon bro, its just a little bump on the road

Farmer is offline Member
    Little update: been resting a lot and getting better pretty quick actually..I MIGHT go in friday and do a light workout I don't know..if not then I presume everything will be starting up again on monday..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

9/30/04

Thank GOD!!!! I won't see the month of September anymore.. I am probably at 90% now, I feel good but I don't want to rush it and I will wait until monday to get back into the gym. I am depressed as hell not working out though..I would hate to be a "normal" person ..These past few days and been tough, trying to get as much sleep as possible and being busy left me no time to prepare meals and I had to actually eat "normal" people food. I hated it..Im having a good steak tonight with some brocolli however, so that is good. I was able to talk to my girlfriend today and that made my day, my week and month for that matter. On October 5th we will be together a year which is incredible because it gone by so fast and I am thankful to say my feelings for her have done nothing but increase since day one. That is why I have started ring shopping because I know she is the one and I plan on proposeing to her before the end of the year. I am thinking Christmas day..I am not too sure though. I took her parents out to dinner and did what I thought was right and asked her Dad for her hand in marriage and I already knew they would be exicted about it and they were. So it looks like I've got about 8 weeks or so to go and get my ass in better shape and then once she gets home my life will be on fast-forward. I am not sure of a wedding date yet but I invite all you AR bros for sure! If anything maybe a online reception to accomodate you folks.. Take care everyone!

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Youll get back on track no sweat, Farmer. Keep it up bro.

Farmer is offline Member

10/4/04

"...You can't hold me down....ohhh nnoooo...I got to keep on mooovvviinnnn"

I'M BACK!!!!

Just finished up my chest/back workout, although I was pretty **** weak I got a good workout in and easing back into things. One thing is for sure, the gym is my Paxil, or Prozac whatever you drug you wanna call it. I was getting pretty down there for awhile, feeling like I was going nowhere but god **** does it feel good to be back in the gym. Have a good one everyone.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

10/6/04

Had a really good shoulder/arm workout today. Felt like I did before I was sick, so that is a good sign. Been REALLY busy with school and everything..I miss the free time from before where I could update everything all the time. I will be updating this with at LEAST my workouts.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

10/8/04

Just finished my leg workout and im toasted..I went tanning before my workout. I am tanning every mon-fri, I started this on Monday and only going for 5-6 mins to really ease my way into it. It looks like I've got about 8 weeks left before my girl will be done on the show and that is when I will be going down there and god forbid my ass is gonna be on tv too so I can't be pasty white and out of shape. I will keep you guys updated..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

10/11/04

Wussup...

Just finished my AM cardio..looking forward to my chest/back day this afernoon. If anyone has any experience or can recommend a good tanning lotion I would appreciate it. I've got norweigan blood so I don't tan all that easy..so I need something with a bronzer I am sure. Also, I bought a canon S60 digital camera the other night and it should be here this week..if I get some good photo op's I'll post them up..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Looks like you're still making great progress. Keep up all the hardwork man, you're doin awesome.

Farmer is offline Member

10/12/04

didn't update yesterday but had a killer chest/back workout..just finished my cardio and getting ready to head out to the internship aka "I work for free ). I should be getting my digital camera on thursday so I am pretty excited about that..I'll keep you all informed and such. Adios

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

Farmer is offline Member

10/13/04

Ahhh..finished up my cardio and time to hit the shower and head to school. Will be updating later this afternoon after the workout. Heading to costco today and stocking up on chicken as well as these "Crystal Light On The Go" packets. I found them at school and figure costco will have them. They are individual packets of CL, enough for a bottle of water, KICK ASS!.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

"Like Brutus...let's do this!"

IronAdam is offline Member
    Ahhh..finished up my cardio and time to hit the shower and head to school. Will be updating later this afternoon after the workout. Heading to costco today and stocking up on chicken as well as these "Crystal Light On The Go" packets. I found them at school and figure costco will have them. They are individual packets of CL, enough for a bottle of water, KICK ASS!.

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

"Like Brutus...let's do this!"
    Nice journal bro! Looking forward to seeing the final comparison pics. Good luck with the remainder of your journey.

Farmer is offline Member

10/14/04

Whew, Im pooped...I decided that Thursday will be a double cardio session day. I just finished my 2nd cardio session for the day and Im gonna go have my 8oz of 7% lean hamburger and a HUGE class of crystal light before I head off to work.

Talk to you all tomorrow

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

"I love every minute of the pain because I know someday I will see some results!"

Farmer is offline Member

10/15/2004

Just finished up my leg workout and I feel sick to my stomach big time. Definitely a combo of tanning before the workout and ass to the grass squats...I by far had one of the best leg pumps in my life today..you know it's a good pump when you are around 19% bodyfat (prolly less now) and your legs are rock hard after the workout . Talk to you all later..

Peace

Farmer

~Today For Tomorrow~

"Everytime you want to quit and tell yourself its too hard, stop and think how easy it is just to throw it all away..don't be another statistic of failure; the extra mile is the stretch of road never crowded!" (I'll add some quotes of the day to keep things lively, these are ones I just think of..no cut and paste)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information