xenithon is offline Member

Discrepency in Caloric Needs

Hi there,

I am around 5'11 and about 175 pounds. I am just starting some AS, and was trying to figure out my diet. My goal is to put on about 5-8kg of good lean mass, little fat (in otherwords, I am not doing a bulk cylce then cut cyle). People have said I should have around 3500+ calories a day! Then they say have 200-300g protein/carbs and around 50g fat. To get 3500+ calories I need something like 400g carb/protein per day! Can anyone help me out with this diescrepency?

and one more thing...

i've heard i should cut carbs from about 4-5hrs before I sleep, so for example my last meal with carbs will be at around 7 if i go to bed at 11/12. since i should have 6 meals a day, does this mean i have to have something like 100g carbs/meal during my carb meals??

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    5-8kg sounds like a bulking cycle to me if it was 5-8lbs it would be different.

Determine whether you want to put mass on or lose it if your going to gain you will add a little fat.

Also post your cycle then people can roughly determine your goals

Billy

well i want to add some good 'lean mass', with little fat - i am trying to stay away from bulk-cut routines because i know how often ppl go on bulk, then cut, and they can bulk up well but canot lose what they want during cutting. cyle is:

deca : 200/300/400/400/300/200mg/week
    winny: 50mg eod
    Prima: 200mg/week

ending off with some clomid and possibly nolvadex .

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Consistency with your diet is important. If your trying for 3500 calories a day and don't want extra fat, you have to keep your fat and carb intakes moderate. If you followed a ratio such as 50% protein, 35% carbs and 15% fats your calories/grams would be as follows: 1750cal/438g protein, 1225cal/306g carbs, 525cal/58g fat. That's a lot of protein. My goals being similar to yours, I am going to try a ratio of 40/45/15 for the following : 1400ca//350g pro, 1575cal/393g carb, 525cal/58g fat.
    Pete

hi there. i was thinking of doing a 40/40/20 diet. thhe only problem is i am scared that having 350g+ carbs is way too high and will turn into fat

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    As long as your training hard in the gym you should be good to go. You need the energy supplied from carbs. Just stick to your basic complex carbs such as yams (seet potatos) brown rice or pasta (no white), whole wheat breads or bagels (again no whites), oats, fruits and veggies and you'll be safe. 350g divided by 6 meals = 58g per meal, that's not much if you think about it. One bagel has 53g of carbs 30g of ats has 20g of carbs, it adds up quickly. I also use one scoop of dextrose mixed with two scoops of whey for a post workout drink whick I ingest immediately after training...it adds another 40g of carbs but more importantly it gives me a slight insulin spike and helps to replace glycogen stores that have been depleted because of heavy training. One more thing, don't eat any carbs after 8:00pm. Good luck bro.
    Pete

Thread Information