Angela is offline Female Member

Switching Up my Diet?

I am hoping to get some feedback in regards to my diet. I have currently been on a pre-contest diet for the last 6 weeks as I was preparing for a fitness competition in November. However, due to injuries I will not be able to compete until next Spring. As I am continuing on with my Clen cycle I would like to stick to a rather strict diet but just wanted to get some input as to whether I should stay with my current diet or switch it up a bit. My diet as of now is as follows:

(5:30) 45 minutes morning cardio
    (7:30am) Meal 1: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 1/2 cups egg whites, 1tsp udo's oil
    (10:30) Meal 2: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 3oz Basa Fish
    (1:00) Meal 3: 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 4oz chicken breast, 1 tsp udo's oil
    (4:00) Meal 4: 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 1 can tuna (yuk!)
    (5:15) Weights & 30 mintues cardio
    (7-7:30) Meal 5: 4oz chicken breast

I am hoping to loose about 15 more pounds over the next 10 weeks of my cycle, but would like to keep on as much muscle as possible. I am VERY carb sensitive so am a little wary as to whether I should drop my carbs from my 4th meal????? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work everyone
    Angela

what's your cycle

I actually have quite a different cycle then any others I have read about. But here it is:

Week 12 – 7 days on at 1 1/2cc (morning 5:30 & afternoon 3:00)

Week 11 – Start 2 days on 2 days off cycle – increasing 1/2cc every week
    2cc 2cc

Week 10 - 3cc 3cc (had to bump up, not quite enough)

Week 9 - 3 1/2cc 3 1/2cc

Week 8 – Off Clen – Do Fat Burners

Week 7 – 7 days straight
    3 1/2cc 3 1/2cc

Week 6 – Start 2 days on 2 days off cycle again
    4cc 4cc

Week 5 - 4 1/2cc 4 1/2cc

Week 4 - 4 1/2cc 4 1/2cc

Week 3 - 5cc 5cc

Week 2 – 7 days straight
    5cc 5cc

I have thought about switching to the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off but because I am now in week 10 I don't really want to mess around with it too much, I really want to benefit from this cycle as much as possible.

Can anyone help????

I am really stuck right now. Don't know what would be the best diet in order to ensure the best results from my Clen cycle. Do I continue with the diet I posted above or can I cut some of the carbs back? I am really looking to the ladies who can share from their personal experiences. I didn't mention my stats above, 23, 5'3, 135lbs which I carry VERY well, people don't believe me when I tell them. It's kind of funny cause I used to be soooo ashamed to admit my weight, now it's fun just to get the reaction from people. Anyways, can anyone offer a little insight......

A-n-y-o-n-e........I could really use a little guidance right now.........

Is there no one out there that can offer any insight. Should I be posting this elsewhere?????

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i would say you def have too many carbs and not enough fats at first glance. you are also mixing carbs in fats in some meals. i would check out the cutting sticky for some more info

DCB

I read through the official cutting thread prior to posting my questions, but I just wanted to make sure that I don't cut/add too much from my diet. I have actually cut meal 4 out and have noticed a drop in my weight since, however I am a little hesitant to cut from my third meal. Is 50-60g of carbs a day too low? The other thing like mentioned above is the fat/carb consumption (sp?). I have been on this diet since my coaches scheduled it for me, I have read a lot about not mixing the two but never really confronted my coaches as I assumed they knew what they were doing. Would it truly be beneficial to have my fats when I don't have my carbs? Also, does it matter what time of day you consume your fat? Is it bad to take later night like it is to consume carbs when trying to cut?
    Sorry for all the questions I just really want to fine tune my diet.....

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    I read through the official cutting thread prior to posting my questions, but I just wanted to make sure that I don't cut/add too much from my diet. I have actually cut meal 4 out and have noticed a drop in my weight since, however I am a little hesitant to cut from my third meal. Is 50-60g of carbs a day too low? The other thing like mentioned above is the fat/carb consumption (sp?). I have been on this diet since my coaches scheduled it for me, I have read a lot about not mixing the two but never really confronted my coaches as I assumed they knew what they were doing. Would it truly be beneficial to have my fats when I don't have my carbs? Also, does it matter what time of day you consume your fat? Is it bad to take later night like it is to consume carbs when trying to cut?
    Sorry for all the questions I just really want to fine tune my diet.....
    I cant say for sure the amounts in regards to your macros, but in terms of when to eat, it is really all right there in the sticky. Fats allday except for PWO and PPWO.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    I am hoping to get some feedback in regards to my diet. I have currently been on a pre-contest diet for the last 6 weeks as I was preparing for a fitness competition in November. However, due to injuries I will not be able to compete until next Spring. As I am continuing on with my Clen cycle I would like to stick to a rather strict diet but just wanted to get some input as to whether I should stay with my current diet or switch it up a bit. My diet as of now is as follows:

(5:30) 45 minutes morning cardio
    (7:30am) Meal 1: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 1/2 cups egg whites, 1tsp udo's oil
    (10:30) Meal 2: 1/3 cup oatmeal, 3oz Basa Fish
    (1:00) Meal 3: 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 4oz chicken breast, 1 tsp udo's oil
    (4:00) Meal 4: 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 1 can tuna (yuk!)
    (5:15) Weights & 30 mintues cardio
    (7-7:30) Meal 5: 4oz chicken breast

I am hoping to loose about 15 more pounds over the next 10 weeks of my cycle, but would like to keep on as much muscle as possible. I am VERY carb sensitive so am a little wary as to whether I should drop my carbs from my 4th meal????? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work everyone
    Angela

Well, mixing ALOT of fats and carbs are bad, but here we're talking about oils and the fat from tuna, not big deal. Basically if yer eating a shytload of fat with carbs it will be more lipogenic. However, not eating some fats with carbs doesnt give them enough of a buffer to curb your insulin spike. Saturated fats+carbs, can be a problem, but oils and fish fats shouldn't be a problem.

Spring? ****, you got plenty of time girl. I would stop your clen cycle now and give your receptor sites ample time to resensitize before using it again. One time a used ephedrine(which is similar to clen molecualrly) and only had 3 months between the end of the one cycle and the beginning of the other. It wasn't enoug time between and it didn't work so great. Same holds true for clen.

Your diet. I wouldn't eat carbs past 1:00, in fact i would go full keto if i were you.At least for awhile I had female cousin do the same thing and it worked great.
    If not, just cut the carbs past 1:00, or just limit them to before and after weight training.
    Sweet potatoes are great but though they are very low glycemic, they are very dense. They have about 3 times as man carbs as a regular potaoto, but they are way slower in entry to the bloodstream. So the secret is to watch the amount.
    Don't be afraid of going full keto. You have plenty of time to see how it works for you before your contest. Try it for a month. I have gone pure keto at times and have made some muscle gains on it, with no carb up days. So if muscle can grow, I dought it will be catabolic. My cousin did they same, making strenght gains while purely keto.

Come off the clen slowly though.
    What else are you using girl?

Anabolicboy1981....thank you for posting such an insightful reply. Trying to figure this all out on my own is soooo tough, I really appreciate your help.
    In regards to fat/carb amounts, I only ever have at the very most 25g of carbs (either oatmeal or sweet potatoes) and only 1 tsp of Udo's oil. I have now cut carbs out except for my first two meals, 45 mins after cardio in the morning and about 3 hours later, and I have upped my Udo's oil to 4 tsp's a day.
    I am very curious however about going Keto???? I have stumbled upon this before but am not quite sure exactly what it is. Is it zero carbs everyday? Or is it like carb cycling?
    Also, being as this is my first clen cycle I reeeeally didn't want to come off, I still want to cut down another 10 lbs, it makes it a lot easier to cut for pre-contest when I only have like 10 lbs to lose in 12 weeks, I don't want to sacrifice the muscle I have worked so hard to get. Clen/ECA is the only thing I am using, we thought about putting me on Var as well but since it was my first time we were going to try adding for my second cycle. Prior to starting my clen cycle I wasn't using anything. I haven't actually used any type of fat burner since my last show in May, so I would say I had a good 3 1/2 months clean. Anyways, I will end this novel of mine, thanks again for all the help
    Ang

Anabolicboy1981....thank you for posting such an insightful reply. Trying to figure this all out on my own is soooo tough, I really appreciate your help.
    In regards to fat/carb amounts, I only ever have at the very most 25g of carbs (either oatmeal or sweet potatoes) and only 1 tsp of Udo's oil. I have now cut carbs out except for my first two meals, 45 mins after cardio in the morning and about 3 hours later, and I have upped my Udo's oil to 4 tsp's a day.
    I am very curious however about going Keto???? I have stumbled upon this before but am not quite sure exactly what it is. Is it zero carbs everyday? Or is it like carb cycling?
    Also, being as this is my first clen cycle I reeeeally didn't want to come off, I still want to cut down another 10 lbs, it makes it a lot easier to cut for pre-contest when I only have like 10 lbs to lose in 12 weeks, I don't want to sacrifice the muscle I have worked so hard to get. Clen/ECA is the only thing I am using, we thought about putting me on Var as well but since it was my first time we were going to try adding for my second cycle. Prior to starting my clen cycle I wasn't using anything. I haven't actually used any type of fat burner since my last show in May, so I would say I had a good 3 1/2 months clean. Anyways, I will end this novel of mine, thanks again for all the help
    Ang

Well, 25 carbs at a time isn't so bad as long as you are sure that is exactly what you're getting. One thing i see that you could change is skipping carbs in your first meal of the day. Carbs in the first meal of te day cause a bigger insulin jolt than if eaten the second or third meal. So if your gonna eat them, eat them the second and third meal instead of first and second. The reason for this is, after a cardio workout you can still burn fat for some time. You will burn more fat if you have a pro/fat meal instead of a pro/carb based meal after the workout.
    There is alot of info on going keto on this board. I have done keto many a times and am quite experianced with in's and outs of it.
    Technically, a ketogenic diet is a diet that is based on protein and fat and extremely limited in carbs less than 100 a day. Now being that you are only having two carb meals, you are technically some stage of ketosis. Most do a Keto diet stayiing under 30 grams a day. The more you reduce the carbs the deeper state of ketosis you will be in. Ketosis simply means you are burning ketones and free fatty acids for fuel as apposed to mainly glucose(though some glucose will always be created from protien intake).
    Keto diets can be in any of these three forms: Standard Ketogenic diet, (SKD)
    Cyclic Ketogenic diet(CKD) and Targeted Ketogenic Diet.
    The latter two variations have periodic eating of carbohydrates for limited times to ensure ketosis is not fully disturbed, yet maximizing the anabolic effects of carbs as well as the training effect of carbs.
    The SKD is what the "Atkins diet" is. There is no purposely induced high carb eating. It's as low carb as you can go for as long as you can stand.
    Atkins for instance says no more than 20 grams of carbs a day for the first two weeks and then slowly adjustig them upward to find a comfortable level where you can maintain your weight losses at a steady pace.
    CKD and TKD was developed for athletes and bodybuilders so that they can still have intense weight traing workouts without gaining fat from carbs. CKD has 5 days of less than 30 or so carbs, followed by 2 days of high carb intake. The 36 or 48 hours of carb loading should not fully disrupt your fat burning state of ketosis...however, it is possible to overdo the carbs, so experimentation is key. TKD is where carbs are only eaten before and after workout sessions.
    The reason for any periodical carb loading is that even though the body can generate ATP through syntheseizing ketones, it is much more efficient when done with carbs.
    Therefore to get the most out of a weight lifting session, it is good to have glycogen(muscle glucose) as the main fuel. However, i have made sygnificant gains even without carbs as I have said before. But in a bulking phase, carbs should be utilized for best results. But since you are more concered with getting cut, I would go as low as you can, increase the fat just a little, and concentrate on making slow but steady gains in strengh and muscle.
    Fat is necessary on the Ketogenic diet. Fat slows down absorption of protiens and carbs, which is desirable in keeping insulin low. People have this misconception about ketogenic diets that you can just eat endless amounts of fat and protien and make losses. This is not so. But not because of calories or whatever, but because of the specific reactions the body has to specific amounts of foods.
    Fat CAN make you fat, even in the complete absence of carbs. Excess fat intake can recirculate and end up on your butt, belly and thighs. However, a certain amount of fat is necessary to keep lipase(the fat burning enzyme) primed, as well as slow down protien which will minimize insulin. And yes, protein requires some insulin to be metabolized, just not nearly as much as carbs. Also, 40 percent of the protien you eat gets converted to glucose, and therefore causes some insulin secretion. Therefore eating too much protien can cause a disruption in ketosis by creating too much glucose.
    So bottom line: portion control is always key.
    Not alot of fat is needed to stimulate lipase and slow absorbption of nutrients.I try not exceed 15 grams to 20 grams of fat per meal, not counting fish oil supplements or flax supplements, when dieting. It is also important to take a minimum of 10 fish oils a day.I take 20. Or 20 of flax, whatever you prefer. When trying to get cut, i try to concetrate more on omega3 fats and mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fats are not evil, but when takin by themself with no oils, can reduce insulin sensitivity. The omega 3's increase insulin sensitivity, so it balances out if your taking your oils, which you seem to be.
    There is some backround info on keto. I could write a novel like you,LOL, but I don't wanna confuse you, it's not necessary.
    Basically, you wouldn't have to change much. Just increase the fat a tad, add one red meat meal a day( a few ounces of ground meat or steak), and take your oils with that meal. Also, spread your oils out througout the day, dont just slam it into 2 or 3 meals.
    Don't worry if you feel like cruddy the first few days of complete carb restriction, it goes away and you feel totally fine after you adjust. Some people don't even feel bad at all. Some people take 10 days to feel better, but that is rare, usually only fat asses who weigh 300 pounds take that long.

Drugs: Fine, finish your clen if it makes you happy. I just don't see the point if your not competing till spring, but do what you will. I can respect your lust for more cuts and understand how exiting getting the fat down can be.
    Forget the freakin Anavar !
    Plenty can be doen with ECA, clen, and yohimbe. You are a woman, and I'm assuming since you are so fitnes oriented, probably a quite stunnig one, but wouldn't you like to stay that way? There is nothing cooler than a chick who is a fitness nut. Nothing. They're a gem to find. I have yet to come across one(or come across one who's brother isn't 250 pounds, ripped). But there is nothing uncooler than a chick who's clitoris is bigger than my dick.
    Get it?
    Using male hormones is very risky and as much as I hate to say it, it might be less risky to use insulin, BUT DON'T.
    Anyway, I'm not gonna lectue you, your a big girl.

Ooooh! one thing on your last meal. Almost forgot. If you wanna maximise Growth hormone at night, your last meal should be VERY LOW carb, VERY low fat, and moderate protein, and HIGH FIBER.
    So why this?
    A. Carbs decrease growth horomone by raising insulin
    B. Fat in the bloodstream lowers Growth hormone as well
    C. To much protien will have a stimulation affect on insulin
    D. Fiber is necessary to slow down the protien without havinf fat to do the job.

So, heres what you can do. Eat 5 or 6 eggwhites, or 3 ounces of boiled chicken breast in a salad with watered down vineger(equal to half a teaspoon of vineger). There you have a alot of fiber slowing down the protien and almost no fat or carbs.
    Don't worry about the low fat nature of this meal shutting down lipase. If you have been eating fat throughout the day, your enzymes for fat burnage will be fine.

Goodnight. Hope i didn't confuse the ****k out of you.
    Let me know if ya have any Q's.
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 09-08-2004 at 07:54 PM.

Anabolicboy1981 I don't even know what to say other thank you, thank you and thank you!! That had to be the most insightful thread I read yet. I tell you I have sooooo much to learn when it comes to when/what/why to eat but your post definatly has me headed in the right direction. First off I am totally going to switch my 2 carb meals to my second and third meals, and I am soooo paranoid about going over my 25g of carbs that I actually weigh out ALL my food for the day. Also, when I was pre-contest for my last show I was actually doing the CKD Keto diet, I would have low carbs everyday except for Wednesday's and Saturday's and it wans't too bad at all. So I figure especially because I want to cut not bulk that only having 25-50g of carbs a day would be really beneficial. As far as my fat's, the Udo's oil (have you ever heard of it?) contains both omega 3's and omega 6's and I try to take in 1 tsp (which is equivilent to 5g) 3-4 times a day. Also, I don't eat red meat, I never actually used to eat any meat, chicken or fish until I started competing last year, but i just cannot do steak or hamburger. Yuk! Well, I will try to keep this post a bit shorter then my last but THANK YOU again for all your help......your awesome.
    PS - You will find your fitness nut, she's out there

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Diet and cardio are the 2 most important elements to shedding body fat. Its important that when you decide to start cutting you do cardio 5-7 days a week, in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes. Your heart rate should remaind between 60-70%.

On Cardio/Lifting days diet goes as follows:

*Before cardio, 5g glutamine powder to a glass of water
    **Take your ECA/ECY/Thermo now if you choose to do so

Cardio 45-60mins

m1(approx 30-40 mins after cardio):
    Pro/Fat.. 1 6-8oz piece of lean meat or tuna/1oz almonds(usually 28 almonds). Thats about 50g of protein/15g of fat.

m2:Pro/Fat Lean Meat, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Again should be around 50g of protein and 15g of fat.

m3: Pro/Fat 2 Scoops of whey and 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil.

-workout-

m4(PWO): 1 scoop of whey, 1/3 cup of dextrose. Approx: 25g protein/50g carb

m5(PPWO): 6-8oz Lean Meat(NOT STEAK), and half a cup of brown rice. Approx 50 protein/35carb

m6(before bed): 2 scoops whey, 1 teaspoon glutamine powder, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil.

Cardio Only Days (Follow the food outline from above for your sources of EFA's(essential fatty acids) and protein:

Cardio 45-60mins
    m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Fat (optional Pro/Carb)
    m4: Pro/Fat
    m5: Pro/Fat

Lifting Only Days:

m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Fat
    -Workout-
    m4(PWO): Pro/Dex
    m5(PPWO): Pro/Carb
    m6: Pro/Fat

Your source of lean meat can be chicken, tuna, lean ground beef or turkey. Steak and salmon can also be used but not in PPWO meal.

Cheat one meal, once a week don’t overdue it.

Thank you Slizzut for your very nicely laid out diet.....very helpful. I think I now have a pretty good idea of where to go from here. Basically, I have already got the cardio covered, I am a cardio freak and have been doing morning cardio on an empty stomach 7 days a week for the last couple weeks, I think my main focus now is to cut down/out my carbs. I am definatly going to try and go as low as possible on my cardio only days, and on training days keep it to maybe one or two small portions. My only concern that I still have is, as I am so sensitive to carbs is it really a good idea for me to have even 25g of lets say sweet potatoes after my weights in the evening? Wouldn't it be optimal for training to have my carbs in my third meal (3 hours prior to training) in order to have the energy to make it through without fatiguing (sp?) half way? I know that it basically comes down to trial and error when trying to fine tune your diet, I really appreaciate the guidelines that you all have provided....definatly makes it a bit easier.
    Ang

check your PM box angela

Thread Information