Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

How much cheating is too much cheating on....

How much cheating is too much cheating on my cutting diet. I remember someone said I should cheat once a week. How much should I cheat one meal or all day long as much as I want? Should I mix it up with a few normal good meals and a few bad meals(burger king, pizza)?

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    How much cheating is too much cheating on my cutting diet. I remember someone said I should cheat once a week. How much should I cheat one meal or all day long as much as I want? Should I mix it up with a few normal good meals and a few bad meals(burger king, pizza)?
    are you serious???

the more nasty sh*t you eat, the more it will deter your progress! that is obvious, so if you want your cutting to come to a screeching halt, then by all means, eat BK all day!

thats dependant on the individuals metabolism also. If yours is a bit faster, it probably wont set you back as much...

my rule of thumb the minimum amount of ****ty food required to keep me sane for a super strict cutting for the rest of the week. Maybe once a month i go all out for a day...

this last cut i went all out once a week tho, but my 200mcg/day clen dose compensated for my lack of will power!

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrad6
    1 cheat meal per week is a conservative approach. I like it.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    are you serious???

the more nasty sh*t you eat, the more it will deter your progress! that is obvious, so if you want your cutting to come to a screeching halt, then by all means, eat BK all day!
    I completely disagree with this statment. Cheating will not bring you progress to a screeching hault, and in many instances can help you progress even farther. It is staying TOO clean for TOO long, that can bring your metabolism to a screeching hault.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    I completely disagree with this statment. Cheating will not bring you progress to a screeching hault, and in many instances can help you progress even farther. It is staying TOO clean for TOO long, that can bring your metabolism to a screeching hault.
    i agree.i cheat for half a day on saturday and then eat pro/fat meals for the rest of the day.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    There's no need to cheat like an ass. One cheat meal with some solid nonsense is good. But for the rest of the day, if you are monitoring carbs, like most cutters are, taking in clean carbs is a good way to boost the metabolism. If anything, I crave carbs, not fats after a long time dieting.

longhornDr is offline Member
    I cheat like an ass from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep on cheat days. I've never had a problem reaching my goals. I couldn't imagine so much self-denial limiting yourself to 1 "cheat" meal per week. Seems almost pathologic to me.

I cheat like an ass from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep on cheat days. I've never had a problem reaching my goals. I couldn't imagine so much self-denial limiting yourself to 1 "cheat" meal per week. Seems almost pathologic to me.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Do enough cardio and it wont matter seems to be my rule of thumb.

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX

Yes and no.
    Load up on carbs and steaks etc..
    Not butter tarts and pie.
    Mmmmm.. butter tarts..

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I also agree that cheating does not hurt anyones goals, that is if you do it 1-2x a week sensibly. I myself will cheat 1-2x a week for one meal only, maybe switch it to one full day a week down the road after i am well into my cutting program.

Now if you eat Pizza Slut buffet (McD, Burger King etc) 2-3x a week then you are pissing your hard work down the drain IMO.

Personally when i am working out i feel so good that i don't want to eat "trash", thats just me though but make no mistake come cheat day i am more than willing to order a good "trash" meal although it will run through me like Germany through Poland

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    There's no need to cheat like an ass. One cheat meal with some solid nonsense is good. But for the rest of the day, if you are monitoring carbs, like most cutters are, taking in clean carbs is a good way to boost the metabolism. If anything, I crave carbs, not fats after a long time dieting.
    exactly, i always go for a clean carb up day once a week, and it has worked good for me. something like this is what i use:

meals 1,3,5 pro/ carb
    meals 2,4,6 pro/ fat

dcb

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Seems almost pathologic to me.
    Therein lies many of my problems.

dammmmn...now i never want to start cutting......

brian11 is offline Member
    i agree with all those that said to take full advantage of the cheat day. keeps you sane and keeps your body reacting to the other six clean days.

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    dammmmn...now i never want to start cutting......
    its not that bad. you control your diet so if you are miserable then mix in another cheat day. plus the results you get are so rewarding.

Beernutz is offline Member
    Cheating all day will not make a difference in your physique. I just recently went to Italy with fairly low BF and i ate like an absolute pig for 3 weeks and i only started to put on a little fat after 1 week of eating absolute $hit without working out. If you want to go ahead and cheat all day it wont do you any harm aslong as you get back on track the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Cheating all day will not make a difference in your physique. I just recently went to Italy with fairly low BF and i ate like an absolute pig for 3 weeks and i only started to put on a little fat after 1 week of eating absolute $hit without working out. If you want to go ahead and cheat all day it wont do you any harm aslong as you get back on track the next day.
    that avatar is much more pleasing to look at than the picture of yourself

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Ask BDTR about his cheat day. If you think cheating the entire day f*cks everything up then do a quick search on what his cheat days include. It is unf*ckingreal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Ask BDTR about his cheat day. If you think cheating the entire day f*cks everything up then do a quick search on what his cheat days include. It is unf*ckingreal.
    although i agree that cheating the whole day is ok, especially as long as you keep your protein high, btdr is not like most people. plus he probably doesnt cut too hard.

Yeah hes a big ole boy, somthing like 10000 callories

I Stand Alone is offline Junior Member
    An all out cheat day, no holding back, once every two weeks has been benificial for me. I really belief that everyones body will react and respond differently, you have to find out through trial and error what your body will do.

THAT i completely disagree with. How will cheating boost your metabolism?? any proof? The cheat meal WILL slow your progress, no doubt about it, but it IS an important dietary aspect nonetheless.... and IF YOU CHEAT ALL DAY LONG ON ALL THE BURGER KING AND PIZZA you want, then your progress WILL slow do a turtle crawl, as compared to having 1 cheat meal!

that is just ocmmon sense.

THAT i completely disagree with. How will cheating boost your metabolism?? any proof? The cheat meal WILL slow your progress, no doubt about it, but it IS an important dietary aspect nonetheless.... and IF YOU CHEAT ALL DAY LONG ON ALL THE BURGER KING AND PIZZA you want, then your progress WILL slow do a turtle crawl, as compared to having 1 cheat meal!

to each his own...

ill stick with what works for me

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member

So shocking your muscles out of homeostasis works but shocking your metabolism out of homeostasis and upregulating your thyroid doesnt work according to your philosophy?
    What I find most intriguing about that statement is that I actually am down more weight the next day after cheating than I am during strict days. Oh well I'm sure it must be the scale that is off not my body composition.

Don't forget about the first law of thermodynamics. The end result is numbers. If you've been under maintenence for 6 days by 400 calories, and then you cheat with a 10,000 calorie cheat day (AKA 3 Meals from fast food), where do you think you'll end up?

So shocking your muscles out of homeostasis works but shocking your metabolism out of homeostasis and upregulating your thyroid doesnt work according to your philosophy?
    What I find most intriguing about that statement is that I actually am down more weight the next day after cheating than I am during strict days. Oh well I'm sure it must be the scale that is off not my body composition.
    The statement i made applies to diet! Why are you confusing the issue with muscle shocking and your thyroid??? these are unrelated issues and your just confusing the statement i made.

Thats like saying when i push the red button in my car it puts my hazard lights on, so maybe if i push the red launch button for a nuclear missile it will turn its hazard signals on?????

Stick to the issue at hand, and bring forth evidence of your arguement, not your opinion of how my cheat meals are wrong in comparison to what knowledge you have about thyroids

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Don't forget about the first law of thermodynamics. The end result is numbers. If you've been under maintenence for 6 days by 400 calories, and then you cheat with a 10,000 calorie cheat day (AKA 3 Meals from fast food), where do you think you'll end up?
    exactly, your weight fluctuates from water retention, etc... do you think eating an all out nasty cheat day on a cutting diet aids in your progress?
    Just common sense bro, if you eat more calories than you burn, then guess where they go????

there are betting ways of upregulating your metabolism without having an all out nasty cheat day. Try some cardio, that might work. HIIT is great for your metabolism!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Guys, all in all...based on the reasoning of training others (including the above posts) and from my own personal experience, some people can get away with cheat days while others simply cannot. I think several factors go into play including but limited to one's metabolism, bodyfat percentage, body type, and a person's thyroid function in relation to how well his/her body efficiently utilizes nutrients. The more leaner someone is, the more that person can go crazy on his/her cheat day without worrying about the potential consequences of "spilling over" so to speak. On the other hand, a person who typically has difficulty dieting down and sheading bodyfat probably should not take advantage of an full cheat day without the realization of suffering a penalty or two to his/her physique. However, [it is my opinion] that regardless of how close or far away someone is to reaching their goal/s, at the very least one cheat meal (in most cases two) is very important for not only the psycological benefit of rewarding oneself for 6 days of hardwork, but also for satisfying a craving as well. Also, just to add...cheat meal/s typically take one to two full days before the body recognizes the food and by that time your back in the gym the following day or on that Monday and increasing your body's ability to effectively process and throw out the "junk."

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    swole should post on this one. i know he'll say that a cheat meal is sufficient, but his presence alone would put some of this stuff to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Guys, all in all...based on the reasoning of training others (including the above posts) and from my own personal experience, some people can get away with cheat days while others simply cannot. I think several factors go into play including but limited to one's metabolism, bodyfat percentage, body type, and a person's thyroid function in relation to how well his/her body efficiently utilizes nutrients. The more leaner someone is, the more that person can go crazy on his/her cheat day without worrying about the potential consequences of "spilling over" so to speak. On the other hand, a person who typically has difficulty dieting down and sheading bodyfat probably should not take advantage of an full cheat day without the realization of suffering a penalty or two to his/her physique. However, [it is my opinion] that regardless of how close or far away someone is to reaching their goal/s, at the very least one cheat meal (in most cases two) is very important for not only the psycological benefit of rewarding oneself for 6 days of hardwork, but also for satisfying a craving as well. Also, just to add...cheat meal/s typically take one to two full days before the body recognizes the food and by that time your back in the gym the following day or on that Monday and increasing your body's ability to effectively process and throw out the "junk."
    You just agreed entirely with what i said earlier. Now, what i said was an all out day of BK and Pizza will slow your progress, BUT some people can GET AWAY WITH IT. Just because you can get away with it does not mean it upregulates your metabolism to the point where it would be beneficial in a strict cutting regimen! If that were true then i would eat pizza and bk all day, because it would make my metabolism sooo fast that i'd make Armstrong look like he's jacked!

All in all if you can still reach your goals and cheat like that, by all means go for it, but why post telling others how the cheat meals YOU can get away with (due to your metabolism) are beneficial in a good cutting diet, because they are not!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Yes, thats the way to go. Donuts with Lucky Charms, McD's doller menu, buffet after buffet, ice cream. OOOOOH cheat day.

Thread Information