Thread: sunflower seeds

cjp85 is offline Member

sunflower seeds

I am on a cutting diet right now, and my biggest problem is hunger. I can out-eat anyone I know and when I am eating 5-6 meals throughout the day with my smaller than usual portions, I really start to get bad cravings. Now, would it be ok to eat sunflower seeds throughout the day between meals. I know the sodium is high but Im not realy worried about water retention as I am drinking about 2 gallons of water per day. I looked at the fats, and a 30g serving has 1.5 sat fat, 10g polyunsaturated fat, and 3g monounsaturated fat, 6g carbs, 2g fiber and 7g protein. Would it be ok to eat these between meals to solve my hunger problem?

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    I am on a cutting diet right now, and my biggest problem is hunger. I can out-eat anyone I know and when I am eating 5-6 meals throughout the day with my smaller than usual portions, I really start to get bad cravings. Now, would it be ok to eat sunflower seeds throughout the day between meals. I know the sodium is high but Im not realy worried about water retention as I am drinking about 2 gallons of water per day. I looked at the fats, and a 30g serving has 1.5 sat fat, 10g polyunsaturated fat, and 3g monounsaturated fat, 6g carbs, 2g fiber and 7g protein. Would it be ok to eat these between meals to solve my hunger problem?

I don't think it would hurt you much, just don't over do it.

eggplant is offline Member
    no harm though...but i would think your total calories will be up a little..why not try some celery sticks as snacks?

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    no harm though...but i would think your total calories will be up a little..why not try some celery sticks as snacks?
    Yeah, Im down to try anything for hunger. Im a pretty big guy so naturaly I eat like a monster. Now Im just trying to keep myself mentally sound during this diet because I have never been happy about how I look, and I HAVE to get there this time. So anything that can make it easier to stick to my diet I'll do.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    Yeah, Im down to try anything for hunger. Im a pretty big guy so naturaly I eat like a monster. Now Im just trying to keep myself mentally sound during this diet because I have never been happy about how I look, and I HAVE to get there this time. So anything that can make it easier to stick to my diet I'll do.
    try eating broccoli, its a negative calorie food; you burn more calories digesting it than it actually has in it, hence a negavtive food. good for cutting. also drinking water tends to help but you already said you drink a lot.

Ketogenic is offline Banned
    well i am on a keto now i dont get hungry too much because of my high fat intake but when i get hungry i eat dark green dandilyon the are very low in carbs and u can eat a lot they r very rich in fibers and they will u fill u up, just slice the dandiliom put some garlic lemon/vinegar and eat its a good salas and its tasty

Thread Information