Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    some people here are just like dedicated targets that noobs try to impress their oh so abundent knowledge upon.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    LMAO....... is there ever one thread that goes on in this forum without someone taking a shot @ swole lol. WTF...... oh well Mass I hope you got the idea behind everything

sorry swol, had just had an argument with my boss when i replied to your comment

no offence intended

although offence was intended toward my boss
    almost got fired
    **** this roid rage

deep breaths

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's okay G, life is too short brutha.

I now take all this type of stuff as part of the territory, it goes with what I do. So, I can accept it and succeed, or let it bother me and fail. Well, I think you know where my heart lies.

Best of luck to you,

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's okay G, life is too short brutha.

I now take all this type of stuff as part of the territory, it goes with what I do. So, I can accept it and succeed, or let it bother me and fail. Well, I think you know where my heart lies.

Best of luck to you,

~SC~

cheers

i've been lookin out for you in musclemag - havent seen u yet though

which is the latest issue that you've been in?

i've just noticed it say no.264 on your signature

i had a quick look thru but couldnt see you?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Neither!

~SC~

This was written by ski off of IBB

When a person who is weight trainning sleeps for 6-8 hours, or whatever amount is required for them, the body, upon awakening in the morning, is in a very catabolic state.which is in a state of negative nitrogen balance,something no bodybuilder wants. To perform cardio at this time, on an empty stomach, creates a further state of catabolism, thus resulting in muscle breakdown, and muscle tissue loss.The exact opposite of what bodybuilding is all about! It`s true that blood sugar levels are low in the morning, but so are amino acids,the building blocks of protein. If you must do cardio in the morning.... no big deal, just make sure to have a protein drink, or a light protein meal, 45-60 minutes before the aerobic session. Your first priority in the morning, after fasting all night during sleep, should be to feed the body protein and carbs, thus restoring the body to an anabolic state once again. You always want to remain in this anabolic state, if possible, thats why we eat every three hours or so.

In my opinion, the best time to do cardio is after you workout with the iron. Performing your cardio workout after training with the weights, is the most ideal time to burn fat. The reasoning behind this thinking is that during your weight training workout you are using glucose, and stored glycogen, as fuel for energy. Glucose and glycogen are sugars, and sugars are carbs. You want to use carbs as fuel for your training ideally,to sustain you throughout the workout. After you are done training, your glucose and glycogen levels are obviously depleted, thus making this the perfect time to perform your cardio, and to use stored fat as fuel. At this time, if you are on a high protein diet, as most bodybuilder`s are, or should be, the body will burn fat as fuel, to help get you through the cardio session.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

This was written by ski off of IBB
    Hey Mass, what about when the person ingests casein protein, or whey with fat right before bed, do you think there would be a difference in what he is saying?

Swole?

I think your body is at a state of catabolism(sp) after your workout, thats why we do pwo shake, so what the hell is this guy talking about?

swole?
    you got any input on this?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Well in defense of ski...I know he competes as well and come to think about it...I do notice the big guys in the "hardcore" gyms that I go to do their cardio at night as opposed to the "runner" types that do their cardio in the morning

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I know this is kinda getting old but I want to bump this for a rebuttle from Swole.....as I am too lazy to type up a reply to what was written by Ski
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 10-24-2004 at 01:00 AM.

I have no energy, nor desire, to explain myself yet again on a subject that has been beaten worse than Rodney King. However, since my coffee kicked in just a bit, here's a few more baton whirls..................

Cardio after working out is something I'd never do, but that's just me. Makes NO sense to mix aerobics/anaerobics, as they send two ENTIRELY different messages to the body, AND both have their own purposeful mechanisms (fat loss, anabolism), both of which greatly suffer because of intereference from the other.
    (EX: lipolysis is engaged after the cardio, then you slam down a pwo drink, thus stopping fat burning in it's tracks) Smart? No...........
    As well, after weights you want to replinish glycogen stores as quickly as you can to begin recovery, NOT perform cardio in an already EXTENDED catabolic state.

I love the argument of not doing cardio a.m. as it's "TOO CATABOLIC", yet one will do CARDIO after an intense weight training session. Talk about catabolic! You tell me when glycogen replinishment and cortisol is the HIGHEST. A.M cardio is only catabolic for those who do not know how to eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day.

Remember, just because someone "competes" doesn't mean those methods are going to work for the average person. Believe me, if all of the 1000's I helped were doing cardio after weights, I wouldn't have the success rate/popularity that I do today. I'd also be running for my life from people wanting to kil me from over-training, losing lean mass, remaining fat, etc.

All in all, simply try one method, if it doesn't seem to work, simply move on to another one.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 10-24-2004 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    some people here are just like dedicated targets that noobs try to impress their oh so abundent knowledge upon.
    Precisely. See above.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i've just noticed it say no.264 on your signature

i had a quick look thru but couldnt see you?
    Look again, I'm there!

~SC~

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    All in all, simply try one method, if it doesn't seem to work, simply move on to another one.

~SC~
    all your advice is good, like always IMO, but that is the single best peice of advice I have seen on this board to date.

good luck to ya too mass, hope its workin out mang

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I have no energy, nor desire, to explain myself yet again on a subject that has been beaten worse than Rodney King. However, since my coffee kicked in just a bit, here's a few more baton whirls..................
    ~SC~
    Just where do you come up with these?

I've no idea!

~SC~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information