Aggression is offline Member

1 tbsp of flax enough?

If I'm 220 lbs. and I take a protein blend before I go to bed, how many tbsp of flax should I take with it? Right now I'm taking 1 (14 g), is that enough?

Also, right now I'm taking Muscle Milk for my bedtime shake but over the last week since starting taking it, I noticed I put on a little fat in my stomach. Would a better choice for a bedtime shake be Micellean Protein by VPX? It doesn't have anywhere near the carbs, sugars, or calories that Muscle milk has. And it has more protein. Plus Muscle Milk has maltodextrin in it and that's not good to take before bed if you're trying to cut. Anyone ever use this product? I'm in a cutting phase right now.

Lastly, for my weight (220 lbs.) what is the general rule of thumb for how much healthy fats I should be taking in with my pro/fat meals? Right now I'm at 12-15 g of healthy EFA's per pro/fat meal. I also understand for the bedtime shake you can take a little more because your body will be asleep and without food for longer. Is that correct?
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-19-2004 at 08:53 PM.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    They should call you Alex Trebek for the amount of questions you ask

1 Tbsp of flax is enough.

Hey slizzut, sorry I'm bothering you bro, I'm just trying to learn. I've been making great gains and I feel pumped in the gym it's just that I've put on a little body fat and that's why I've been asking alot of questions so I can do this right.

I've learned ALOT since I started posting here. I used to be totally clueless before I came here. Now I'm just PARTIALLY clueless

You never answered my other questions though. Should I just use Muscle Milk before I workout and Isopure after I workout (PWO) and take the Micellean Protein by VPX before bed with 1 tbsp of flax? Basically what I'm asking is Micellean Protein or Muscle Milk before bed if trying to lose bodyfat?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Hey slizzut, sorry I'm bothering you bro, I'm just trying to learn. I've been making great gains and I feel pumped in the gym it's just that I've put on a little body fat and that's why I've been asking alot of questions so I can do this right.

I've learned ALOT since I started posting here. I used to be totally clueless before I came here. Now I'm just PARTIALLY clueless

You never answered my other questions though. Should I just use Muscle Milk before I workout and Isopure after I workout (PWO) and take the Micellean Protein by VPX before bed with 1 tbsp of flax? Basically what I'm asking is Micellean Protein or Muscle Milk before bed if trying to lose bodyfat?
    Go with the micellean before bed. I suggst instead of having all these different kinds of protein you just get yourself 1 good kind of whey. I order ON's double chocolate 10 pound bags from www.allsportsnutrition.com

And i'm just bustin your ballz man, its ok to ask questions

Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Thanks bro!

Anytime man

Thread Information