VIXI is offline Female Member

what large....teeth you have

Any of you that have had your wisdom teeth pulled....well I get to join your ranks..lucky me...have to get all four of them pulled...what should I expect?...should I have them do a local or knock me out?...and my main concern...were you able to eat fairly normal or do I get to live off baby food?...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    Any of you that have had your wisdom teeth pulled....well I get to join your ranks..lucky me...have to get all four of them pulled...what should I expect?...should I have them do a local or knock me out?...and my main concern...were you able to eat fairly normal or do I get to live off baby food?...

I used it to have DQ hot fudge shakes for a week! lmao...the pain isn't that bad, just uncomfortable. I wouldn't really try to eat anything like meat tho, would suck to get the fibers stuck in your wounds....

have them knock you out!!!!!!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    knock your ass out.

started eatin normal a few days later - small bites, meals took forever to get down.

of course i had jaw surgery at the same time, so we went ahead and pulled all 4 teeth

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    I just got mine out a couple weeks ago andi didnt think it was bad at all. I didnt get knocked out I just used laughing gas, seemed to do the trick. Just dont think about the surgery and put your mind somewhere else and youll be fine The worse part is the week following surgery. I puffed up like a chimpmunk and was sore as hell.
    Last edited by mcvays1; 09-28-2004 at 05:16 PM.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a dentist and pull "wizzies" all the time. I can tell you some patients never feel a moment's worth of pain before, during or after and eat a normal diet within a few days while others are miserable and swollen for over a week. It all depends on how difficult the extractions are and how much trauma has to be inflicted to get them out.

You don't have to be "knocked out", but at least take a nice valium/xanax/benadryl cocktail--that's enough for even the biggest wuss. I don't mess with IV sedation.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    I'm a dentist and pull "wizzies" all the time. I can tell you some patients never feel a moment's worth of pain before, during or after and eat a normal diet within a few days while others are miserable and swollen for over a week. It all depends on how difficult the extractions are and how much trauma has to be inflicted to get them out.

You don't have to be "knocked out", but at least take a nice valium/xanax/benadryl cocktail--that's enough for even the biggest wuss. I don't mess with IV sedation.

........You don't mess with IV sedation, but you administer oral sedation consisting of two different benzodiazepines and diphenhydramine. What do you base your dosage on?? Also, oral absorption is very variable, and first-pass metabolism through the liver must also be considered. This in mind, oral sedation is VERY unpredictable and results spray widely from great to unacceptable. IV sedation is much safer since it can be precisely titrated for the desired sedation effect and absorption and first-pass metabolism issues are eliminated. In addition, an IV line is IN PLACE should he need arise to reverse the drugs or administer other drugs for hypotension, bradycardia, or any other urgency. I would hope you have Romazicon (a specific benzo reversal agent) handy and have considered how you are going to administer it if over-sedation becomes an issue. Far from being more dangerous, IV sedation is in fact superior to oral sedation in every way.
    No brag, just fact.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ........You don't mess with IV sedation, but you administer oral sedation consisting of two different benzodiazepines and diphenhydramine. What do you base your dosage on?? Also, oral absorption is very variable, and first-pass metabolism through the liver must also be considered. This in mind, oral sedation is VERY unpredictable and results spray widely from great to unacceptable. IV sedation is much safer since it can be precisely titrated for the desired sedation effect and absorption and first-pass metabolism issues are eliminated. In addition, an IV line is IN PLACE should he need arise to reverse the drugs or administer other drugs for hypotension, bradycardia, or any other urgency. I would hope you have Romazicon (a specific benzo reversal agent) handy and have considered how you are going to administer it if over-sedation becomes an issue. Far from being more dangerous, IV sedation is in fact superior to oral sedation in every way.
    No brag, just fact.
    Daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!!! !!!

~SC~

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't too bad for me, but my girl sure hated it. You will have a mouth full of blood for at least 24 hours, to wich they tell you to stick gause in your mouth, which in turn brings about dry mouth, which in turn brings about the rankest **** breath you've ever had...

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Daaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!!! !!!

~SC~

....Sorry Swole, I just went medieval there for a minute.........

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Definitely have them knock you out. It's gonna suck too because you will have to stuff paper towels soaked in novicane into the holes left in your gums and use a syringe to spray water in them in order to keep nasty food turning into a science project inside your mouth

Will_1 is offline Associate Member
    I had mine out a couple of years ago. The doc recommended I get knocked out. That was the best trip to the dentist I ever had.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_1
    I had mine out a couple of years ago. The doc recommended I get knocked out. That was the best trip to the dentist I ever had.
    yeah, it's called a twiglight sleep and it's fukin awesome. The last thing I remember is looking at the nurse and saying "Dam, I've never been ****ed up in a dentist office before"

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I know, I don't remember anything after them knocking me out, but my girl and my family said I laughed for an hour straight on the way home.....good ****.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Good luck! I got my wisdom teeth pulled and got double whammied. First, I lost 8 lbs over the course of a week. Second, I popped a blood vessel in my bicep where they shot my anesthetic when I stupidly decided to curl the day after.... I had to take 2 wks off of any arm workouts!

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Don't get knocked out, get the local. i had mine out about 5 years ago with the local. There is no pain whatsoever, and to tell you the truth its a complete rush. I would do it again if I could. It feels awesome when they pump all that novacaine in you. Also, they sometimes have to break the teeth into pieces to get them out. You hear and feel them getting broken, but it doesn't hurt at all. As weird as it sounds, the actual procedure is a blast.

...and you like to get spanked don't you?...lol...ummm...thanx for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by carbs-rule
    Don't get knocked out, get the local. i had mine out about 5 years ago with the local. There is no pain whatsoever, and to tell you the truth its a complete rush. I would do it again if I could. It feels awesome when they pump all that novacaine in you. Also, they sometimes have to break the teeth into pieces to get them out. You hear and feel them getting broken, but it doesn't hurt at all. As weird as it sounds, the actual procedure is a blast.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    ...and you like to get spanked don't you?...lol...ummm...thanx for the advice

I like to get spanked but only by you

that's not what Elliot said... ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I like to get spanked but only by you

JKali is offline Female Member
    i had mine out about three months ago. I only had three, but the two bottom ones were impacted. Definitely needed the twilight sleep. The operation was over in what felt like five minutes. I couldn't eat anything solid for a week (soup, jamba juice and ice cream were the items of choice). The salt water rinsing was great with icing and then heat to keep the swelling down. I had a really hard time digesting the pain killers because my stomach was always so empty so I ended up dry heaving for a few nights, which was really unpleasant and painful. I think I had a very unusual experience though. Even so, it still only took about a week to heal. I haven't heard of anyone taking longer to fully recover.

Thread Information