bohemius is offline New Member

Question L-Glutamine - before/after cardio?

Hi all, from what I've been reading, it appears that doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is the best for burning fat... and then you are not supposed to eat anything for 3 hours...

I'm wondering if it is ok to take L-Glutamine before and/or after the cardio? I lift weights in the evening and I don't like the idea of going from midnight to noon with nothing in my body... I was thinking the L-Glutamine would help prevent me from going catabolic.

Thoughts?

TIA!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.......

Quote Originally Posted by bohemius
    Hi all, from what I've been reading, it appears that doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is the best for burning fat

YES IT IS!!!!! PROVIDED YOU DO THE RIGHT TYPE OF CARDIO! A POINT MANY SEEM TO "MISS".

... and then you are not supposed to eat anything for 3 hours...

WHAT? WHERE DID U READ THIS?

I'm wondering if it is ok to take L-Glutamine before and/or after the cardio?

TOTALLY FINE IF IT'S PURE L-GLUTAMINE.

I lift weights in the evening and I don't like the idea of going from midnight to noon with nothing in my body... I was thinking the L-Glutamine would help prevent me from going catabolic.

WHY WOULD YOU GO 12 HOURS W/NOTHING???

Thoughts?

TIA!

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I take around 8 grams of L-glutmaine spread out before, during, and after cardio mixed into a liter of water. Beats me if it really has any significant effect though.

SwoleCat - Thanks so much for the reply. Welll, if I have my last meal (a protein shake), right before bed, say midnight, and then I get up and do my cardio at say 9 on an empty stomach, I've already gone 9 hours without any food in me. And I read from a couple of different posters on this forum that you shouldn't eat for 1-3 hours after cardio so your body will continue to burn fat for fuel during this time.

I am certainly willing to do this if this is the most efficient way of burning fat, but since I am still lifting weights as well I want to try to remain in an anabolic state... I was making the assumption that the L-Glutamine before and after the cardio wouldn't interfere with the "empty stomach" effect, but would prevent me from going catabolic.

By right kind of cardio I am assuming you mean the right intensity for burning fat?

As for the L-Glutamine, yes I am using pure L-Glutamine now but I've been reading that it is better to use Glutmaine Peptides as more will be absorbed by your body?

Thanks!!

After cardio, if you are eating a fat/protein meal, you can almost eat right away. I'd wait about 10-15 mins to let things settle down.

If you are eating carbs/protein in your first meal, wait about 30-40 mins to eat.

Lipolysis will continue for about 1/2 hour or so, but will then stop, so waiting 3 hours is only going to catabolize you to death. You are not in ketosis, so fat burning will not continue for 3 hours.

~SC~

Thanks a lot for the great tips!

Word!

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    swoles got it..lol

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    good info

Ir0n is offline Associate Member
    Would you prefer a Liquid or pill version though?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Why are we digging up corpses...somebody need to lock this baby down

Thread Information