Thread: hey beenie

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Talking hey beenie

Its been 2 weeks now that i am on this sick low carb diet, pertty much like the body opus, i carb up on weekends, even then i dont over do it and dont get up in the middle of the night to eat either.

I dont really feel that bad, for the most part i eat fat then protein , i think that my carbs are near zero right now, i check for hidden carbs, no sweetners, sugar, from time to time i might drink a diet soda, but that doesnt happen often.

I train with weights 4 times a week and i will try to get some cardio tae bo in there also.

I do beleive in low carbs and have made lots of research on this.

I have lost about 6 pounds til now went from 212 to 207 the first week, now i can see my lovehanldes melting away and my upper abs showing up.

the worst is the second day when your body switches to ketosis man you feel like shit.

Have you started to eat carbs again or are you still low carbing, less then 30g a day??

What types of carbs do you eat right now if you are eating any?

thanks

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I have lost about 6 pounds til now went from 212 to 207 the first week, now i can see my lovehanldes melting away and my upper abs showing up.

That's what happens. Low carb is very effective. It takes your body two or three days to go into ketosis so if you eliminate the weekend carbs fat loss would be faster.

the worst is the second day when your body switches to ketosis man you feel like shit.

True for many people. If you stay on it lonfg term, the feeling goes away.

Have you started to eat carbs again or are you still low carbing, less then 30g a day??

Yes I have. I am not really counting at this point, but I have added a lot. I now eat lots of green veggies and nuts. I occasionally eat rice and I have had a slice of bread on three or four seperate occasions in the last three weeks. I would imagine that my intake varies, but is around 30 - 100g in any given day.

What types of carbs do you eat right now if you are eating any?

See response above. I have noticed that as carbs go up so does weight, water and fat. My bf% was pretty low so i fuigured I could risk it. Right now I look pretty good, although I am piutting on a bit of weight. When it begins to look like it may be getting out of ccontrol, I cut back the carbs for a few days and my "cut" begins to return. So now I am using carbs, and seem to have the ability to have complete control over the way i look. It took me a long time to get to this point.

For you, I think you are doing the right thing, and it seems to be something that you can handle and that is effective for you.

edraven29 is offline Associate Member
    thanks beenie, i guess that i will have to experience what works and what doesnt.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I think you are exactly right.

A point that I try to stress is that one shouldn't be too judgmental about what others do. Most of the criticism of low and no carb diets are based on false premises and other research that is based on "well balanced" diets. No full-scale study has ever been conducted so the fact remains that no one really knows.

All of the evidence that has been gathered is imperial in nature and based on our experiences. With this in mind the articles against it are generally flawed, filled with misinformation, and misconception.

My experience was that I was able to keep my carb count to less than ten grams/day for almost 3 years, and I suffered only minor problems that were corrected with an increase in vitamin and mineral supplements.

I would be the last one to slam a well balanced diet that has low calories and contains carbs. I say if it works and someone can stick to it its great. Unfortunately most people can't or more precisely don't stick to it as evidence by the alarming rate of obesity in the United States. According to Atkins (probably not an unbiased sources from which to form an opinion - but there is little else on which to rely) the percentage of people who stick to low carb diets is substantially higher than those who chose low calorie diets. He attributes this to the hunger inherent in calorie restriction.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    i totally agree with beenie, get to a point were ur happy and then up ur carbs alittle, it will take awhile to see how far u can push it and know when to cut down, sooner or later u will find a happy med, dont go by the scale, go by what u look like in the mirror, scales can be misleading and mess with ur head till they drive u nuts

Thread Information