Thread: weightloss ???

radar1234 is offline Member

weightloss question

im looking to go from 210lbs to 190lbs.im doing cardio 4*a week for 30mins at about 6-7 mph on the treadmill.im about 15-20% bf.

do i need to keep my protien consumption the same being that i am looking to tone up?i want less bulk and more lean muscle.should i cut down on my pw shakes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails weightloss ???-img_0558.jpg  
    Last edited by radar1234; 12-21-2004 at 11:00 PM.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Your cardio situation is derailing you from your goals...No idea what and when you eat...

Read the cutting sticky at the top fo the Diet forum page...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Post your diet up so we can have a look

BTW there is no way you are 20% bodyfat......... I'd say 14-15%. You'll look a lot better cut up though at your size. good luck

my daily meals vary,but i do eat 5-6 times a day,every 3 hours, getting about 30 grams of protien and about the same for carbs with each meal.
    i stay away from sugars and salty foods.
    my protien sources are:chicken breasts,steak,tuna,shrimp,cottage cheese,eggs.
    my carb sources are:rice,pasta,bread,veggies and fruit.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I would say more protein. 30g six times a day is only 180g. I would bump it to 50g a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I would say more protein. 30g six times a day is only 180g. I would bump it to 50g a meal.
    im looking to lean up, not build up.300 gms a day is way too much.my lbm is only about 175 lbs.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I agree with more protein, from what I understand it helps to build lean mass, not bulk up. But I could be wrong!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    my daily meals vary,but i do eat 5-6 times a day,every 3 hours, getting about 30 grams of protien and about the same for carbs with each meal.
    i stay away from sugars and salty foods.
    my protien sources are:chicken breasts,steak,tuna,shrimp,cottage cheese,eggs.
    my carb sources are:rice,pasta,bread,veggies and fruit.

You will still need 1.5-2g of protein regardless!

Also you desperately need to read the cutting sticky.

Drop the shrimp (who uses shrimp as a source of protein?) and add Salmon, drop the pasta, bread, and limit your fruits or take them out all together. Make sure the cottage cheese is "No Fat".

You need to up your cardio to 45-1hr 5-7 days a week (or what is realistic)and remember the key is to stay within your target HR or you will be burning those hard earned muscles. Also think about adding Glutamine to your supplement list if you have'nt already as it aides in preventing Catabolism.

And of course make sure to take in EFA's (Flax, Olive Oil, Natty PB, Almonds).

Post a sample diet and we can rip it apart. It should not take you long to achieve your goal as said above, your BF% looks to be around 15%-18%.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    You will still need 1.5-2g of protein regardless!

Also you desperately need to read the cutting sticky.

Drop the shrimp (who uses shrimp as a source of protein?) and add Salmon, drop the pasta, bread, and limit your fruits or take them out all together. Make sure the cottage cheese is "No Fat".

You need to up your cardio to 45-1hr 5-7 days a week (or what is realistic)and remember the key is to stay within your target HR or you will be burning those hard earned muscles. Also think about adding Glutamine to your supplement list if you have'nt already as it aides in preventing Catabolism.

And of course make sure to take in EFA's (Flax, Olive Oil, Natty PB, Almonds).

Post a sample diet and we can rip it apart. It should not take you long to achieve your goal as said above, your BF% looks to be around 15%-18%.
    thanks bro.

Thread Information