N00b is offline Banned

Meal after cardio

I've been doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning and been drinking a protien shake and easting some PB. Basically a pro/fat meal which has been advised. But in the cutting sticky it says to eat a pro/carb meal after cardio. So which is it: pro/carb or pro/fat meal after cutting?

eport is offline Associate Member
    i would say a pro/carb i have always heard you want to eat you carbs early in the day and after you work out

bump for swole

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm not swole so i cant answere. . sorry

dcb

eport is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    i'm not swole so i cant answere. . sorry

dcb
    c'mon bro what do ya think need some help here

Quote Originally Posted by eport
    c'mon bro what do ya think need some help here
    lol, i'm just messin with ya

I have always had better results with using carb/pro meals first (45mins after cardio) but other like to have a fat/pro after cardio to continue lyposis. I have tried both and prefer the carbs. Many however have found that a fat/pro meal works best. It something that you have to try for a month or 2 and see how you react.

DCB

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    After a hard workout your glycogen stores (energy in muscle) will either be greatly decreased or depleated. If you don't have the proper amount of glycogen (which comes from carbs) in your muscles, your body utilizes protein stores for energy, protein synthesis then increases 3x (you need protein for muscle repair, so this is not a good thing). After a hard workout your body will absorb nutrients at a much greater rate (within the hour), this is the best time to stack up on carbs to replenish glycogen stores. Protein is still essential for muscle repair, so i agree w/ dalcowbag (just thought i'd bust a nerd on you so you'd understand the reasoning behind the decision). Go w/ the carb/pro meal post-workout.

Quote Originally Posted by millionmillionaires
    After a hard workout your glycogen stores (energy in muscle) will either be greatly decreased or depleated. If you don't have the proper amount of glycogen (which comes from carbs) in your muscles, your body utilizes protein stores for energy, protein synthesis then increases 3x (you need protein for muscle repair, so this is not a good thing). After a hard workout your body will absorb nutrients at a much greater rate (within the hour), this is the best time to stack up on carbs to replenish glycogen stores. Protein is still essential for muscle repair, so i agree w/ dalcowbag (just thought i'd bust a nerd on you so you'd understand the reasoning behind the decision). Go w/ the carb/pro meal post-workout.
    What your saying is true for lifting of course, however ones cardio shouldnt be nearly as intenense and it should require ne sort of PWO nutrition. If your cardio is intense enough to the point where you need to replensih glycogen then your really not doing effective cardio.

DCB

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Listen to the homogay........ he speaks the truth

Honestly I don't it really matters either way as long as you are waiting about 30-45 minutes after cardio to have a pro/carb meal. Just make sure to pop some R-ALA with the meal and you should be good to go.

Thread Information