61196119 is offline New Member

diet for injured

i broke my finger playing hoops(pinky). I thought no big deal, then go to doc and he says no cardio that makes you sweat (because of splint bandages getting wet) and no lifting with hands(which would be difficult with the way my finger is splinted). he said if i did i risked having to get it pinned up. i have a friend who f'd around when he had same injury and had to get a pin in and i obviously do not want that.
    okay my question. i am trying to lose 17 lbs. can i alter the cutting sticky if i can only do leg workouts and how would you rcommend i do this. thanks. p.s. it sucks typing with a busted pinky

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Aside from what any doctor told me, a broken pinky would not stop me from doing cardio, that is ridiculous.

(only my personal outlook)

~SC~

the problem is with the bandages getting wet and the splint getting loose from the sweat. any advice on how to adjust diet

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 61196119
    i broke my finger playing hoops(pinky). I thought no big deal, then go to doc and he says no cardio that makes you sweat (because of splint bandages getting wet) and no lifting with hands(which would be difficult with the way my finger is splinted). he said if i did i risked having to get it pinned up. i have a friend who f'd around when he had same injury and had to get a pin in and i obviously do not want that.
    okay my question. i am trying to lose 17 lbs. can i alter the cutting sticky if i can only do leg workouts and how would you rcommend i do this. thanks. p.s. it sucks typing with a busted pinky
    Wrist band for cardio and keep a towel near you.

Get some hooks, and then get creative with machines. You can do quite a lot without that finger doing a thing.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    the problem is with the bandages getting wet and the splint getting loose from the sweat. any advice on how to adjust diet

Its just a broken finger though man. If it were me I wouldn't let it stop me from doing cardio.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Its just a broken finger though man. If it were me I wouldn't let it stop me from doing cardio.

LMFAO exactly. Read back through the lounge a bit......I broke a couple fingers riding my quad not too long ago and it didn't stop me from training or doing cardio. No reason for it to stop you...... if your doc said you can't do cardio because you might sweat and get the bandages wet, find a new doc because that is rediculous. If you get them wet, CHANGE THEM It's not like it's an open wound that would get infected, it is a broken limb that doesn't effect anything you do besides maybe jerkin it. lol Just keep doin your thing, you'll be fine.

Those little finger splints are cheap.... just go to the drug store and buy a few and if you really need to change it then do so.
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 02-11-2005 at 11:42 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I had 4 lipomas (fatty tissue deposits) removed from my upper body. One on my stomach, one on my rib cage under the arm-pit area, and two on my back. I was told to not lift for a month because of the stitches and the bandages getting wet, the sores/stitches bleeding/etc.

I was in the gym the next day. I was doing the hammer incline and I had blood seeping out of all the bandages as my back was smashed into the pad and all the blood was coming out, the pressure from the blood pressure made it worse, etc.

People thought I was crazy with big ass blood stains all over my shirt and sh*t, but I just went home and cleansed and applied new bandages w/Neosporin creme to them, and I did that every day literally.

To this day nothing has stopped me from the gym. Not that, not bronchitis, and not bi-lateral patellar tendon ruptures. Nothing ever will.

~SC~

i appreciate all the hardcore stories. my father, who played college and pro football, never listened to his docs either and played through pain all his life. even played with a broken bone in his leg. also played through back, knee, neck and shoulder injuries. he is sixty five right now and always kept himself in shape and eats healthy. what did this get him, he had a spinal fusion, knee and hip replacement, has arthirtis all over his body that he can barely walk for lengths of time. only thing that helps a little is pain meds that make him feel like ****. he is a golfer retired in scottsdale but can't play because of this.
    i know my only issue here is a wimpy finger, but my doc said not to move the bandages, if they get undone only he is to reapply because of how the joint and bone is broke. he already had to do this once because i got it wet in shower. If i have to get a pin, which he was thinking about anyways it would screw me alot longer.
    anyways is there any diet advice to give me

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I had 4 lipomas (fatty tissue deposits) removed from my upper body. One on my stomach, one on my rib cage under the arm-pit area, and two on my back. I was told to not lift for a month because of the stitches and the bandages getting wet, the sores/stitches bleeding/etc.

I was in the gym the next day. I was doing the hammer incline and I had blood seeping out of all the bandages as my back was smashed into the pad and all the blood was coming out, the pressure from the blood pressure made it worse, etc.

People thought I was crazy with big ass blood stains all over my shirt and sh*t, but I just went home and cleansed and applied new bandages w/Neosporin creme to them, and I did that every day literally.

To this day nothing has stopped me from the gym. Not that, not bronchitis, and not bi-lateral patellar tendon ruptures. Nothing ever will.

~SC~

The only word to describe that is Hardcore....but one question though, did you like bloody up the benches?

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    The only word to describe that is Hardcore....but one question though, did you like bloody up the benches?
    or dumb

Cry0smate is offline Member
    i appreciate all the hardcore stories. my father, who played college and pro football, never listened to his docs either and played through pain all his life. even played with a broken bone in his leg. also played through back, knee, neck and shoulder injuries. he is sixty five right now and always kept himself in shape and eats healthy. what did this get him, he had a spinal fusion, knee and hip replacement, has arthirtis all over his body that he can barely walk for lengths of time. only thing that helps a little is pain meds that make him feel like ****. he is a golfer retired in scottsdale but can't play because of this.
    i know my only issue here is a wimpy finger, but my doc said not to move the bandages, if they get undone only he is to reapply because of how the joint and bone is broke. he already had to do this once because i got it wet in shower. If i have to get a pin, which he was thinking about anyways it would screw me alot longer.
    anyways is there any diet advice to give me
    Wrap a plastic baggie over your finger?? Same way you would do it when you shower?

Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    Wrap a plastic baggie over your finger?? Same way you would do it when you shower?
    your hand has sweat glands, this would be useless, again any diet advice

your hand has sweat glands, this would be useless, again any diet advice
    LOL sorry for saying anything at all.....I sure as hell hope you dont sweat while you sleep like many do!! That just might ruin everything!

Cmon man, you should be able to walk on a treadmill....... You need to talk to another doctor....

sorry i asked for diet advice on a dieting board

Just follow the cutting sticky man but obviously omit the PWO meals and just have 1, possibly 2 smaller pro/complex carb meals during the day.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Aside from what any doctor told me, a broken pinky would not stop me from doing cardio, that is ridiculous.

(only my personal outlook)

~SC~

I totally agree, i would ignore the docs advice when it somes to cardio..i would take this time to follw the cutting stickie and do cardio out the ass, if the bandages get wet, change them.

I do not know why there would be a problem just performing cardio.

Thread Information