baba_021 is offline Junior Member

what about fruits?

I have a couple of questons regarding insulins spikes!

1. How has the carbs in fruits affect on the insulin ? should I refrain from fruits when on a cutting fase? and what fruits are the worst ones?

2. How about Aspartam and acesulfam, does them affect the insulin in any way?

I wanted to know because I use alot of products that contains sweets but no carbs!

Thakns!

xenithon is offline Member
    In terms of the artificial sweeteners: they have virtually no impact and you can use them without worry. However I would try and switch to something containing sucralose as that I believe is the safest (in the US/UK it's sold as Splenda)

In terms of fruit: all I will say is that the benefits outweight any possible negatives for MOST fruit, but unfortunately there is a board norm here that brands all fruit as satan's work

They have so many good nutrients, are often 90+% water and have a very low GI. The only time they may have a negative impact is if you have a kilo of high GI fruit on an empty stomach with nothing else. However if you are 'normal' and want a small piece of fruit 2-3 times a day along with some other food then it's fine and very healthy.

There are no real 'worst' fruit, but in terms of GI the ones I would opt NOT to go for are pineapple, watermelon and grapes.

X

baba_021 is offline Junior Member
    ohh nice info im very thankful bro! you seem to know your ****!

thanks

xenithon is offline Member
    No probs. I won't say I am an expert but I have learnt a thing or two over the past 5-6 years. I just hope I don't get flamed again for going against board norms and saying that fruit is ok lol

Thread Information