BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member

Water Fast????? Juice Fast?????

Has anyone every tried a water or juice fast before starting a new diet? If so I would like to hear any positive or negative effects you may have experienced. Im going to be cutting a bunch of crap out of my diet for awhile (beef,pork,simple carbs, etc)and have read that a fast (cleanse) would be a good way to start. My goal is to drop my body fat %.

Last edited by BUBBA74; 02-26-2005 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Has anyone every tried a water or juice fast before starting a new diet? If so I would like to hear any positive or negative effects you may have experienced. Im going to be cutting a bunch of crap out of my diet for awhile (beef,pork,complex carbs, etc......) and have read that a fast (cleanse) would be a good way to start. My goal is to drop my body fat %.
    Juice or water fast? You mean like consume only water/juice for some days prior to starting a diet? psssshhhhh, aint worth it and may cause more harm than good brotha. Read the cutting sticky up top and follow that and as to cutting out the "crap" in your diet, when did beef and complex carbs become bad? Both of these are staples in my cutting diet and Im making great progress...basically just follow and read the cutting sticky bro.

Thanks man i'll go ahead and take a look at that.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, I don't consider beef and complex carbs crap at all.

The exact opposite actually.

~SC~

The beef thing is mental for me. I just stick with fish or chicken when im trying to loose weight. The carb issue was due to a vocab malfunction. Am I missing something by cutting out the beef?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    The beef thing is mental for me. I just stick with fish or chicken when im trying to loose weight. The carb issue was due to a vocab malfunction. Am I missing something by cutting out the beef?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beef.htm

Thanks

I guess I wont have to loose the beef after all. Im liking the protein/fat ratio on that round cut.

Thread Information