Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member

Pre-contest Chicken???

I just wanted to know if anyone here has some good grilled skinless chicken breast recipes for a pre-contest diet. I just started yesterday and relized that I can't eat shit, so I wanted to know if anyone has any good ideas, but I'll list my diet anyway for a reference:

BREAKFAST:
    1 cup of Oatmeal(measured dry)/add 4 tbsp.of Egg Protein powder.
    1 tbsp. of Natural Peanut Butter.
    Multi-Vitamin/Multi-Mineral Supplement.
    MID-MORNING MEAL:
    Myolplex mixed with 12-16oz of water.
    1 Banana.
    LUNCH:
    8oz. grilled Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Tuna in water or Steak.
    1 cup of Brown Rice(can flavor w/2 tsp. Krafts Reduced Fat Parmesian Cheese).
    2 cups of Broccoli or Greenbeans.
    1 tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter.
    MID-MORNING:
    Myoplex with 12-16oz.
    DINNER:
    8oz. grilled Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Tuna in water or Steak.
    1 cup of Brown Rice(can flavor w/2 tsp. Krafts Reduced Fat Parmesian Cheese).
    LATE-NIGHT MEAL:
    8-10 Egg Whites.
    1 cup Broccoli or Greenbeans.
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil over vegetables.

Also, I can't have any salt, bread, or sauces that are high in sugar and salt.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    If pre- contest i would drop the fruit, and may want to do a few more real food meals instead of the shakes.

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    Eye_Candy, I didn't make up this diet, the manager at my gym gave this to me and he's a nutritionist and a former bodybuilder. This isn't the final diet, I just started it yesterday and I'm on it for 12 weeks. The only reason I'm letting him do my diet is because he did everyone's diet for the past five or so years that have entered this show from my gym and everyone placed in the show and looked great. But all I wanted to know is what good recipes there are for grilled chicken besides Mrs. Dash, salt substitute, or garlic powder and things of that nature. Does anyone know of any fat-free/sodium free/almost carb free sauces or marinades for the chicken. And I was trying to be an asshole eye_candy I was just letting you know what my situation is. Thanks.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I live in Thailand and this is one of the staples of my diet. I don't cookthis myself, I buy 3-4 a day from the little old Thai lady 'just down the soi' from me!

It's damn tasty. My only concern is the fish sauce it is salty. But you decide if it's too much or not.

Gai Yang (Northeast Thai Grilled Chicken)

3 to 4 skinless whole chicken breasts
    2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns, ground in a spice grinder
    2 garlic cloves, finely minced
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander roots (cilantro), finely minced*
    1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce

*If the roots are unavailable, use 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.

1. With a mortar and pestle, or flat side with the sharp edge of the cleaver, blend peppercorns and garlic with a pinch salt to a smooth paste. Add coriander roots and pound or blend to a paste. (Or just chop/grind it up any way you can--the mortar/pestle is traditional though!)
    2. In a large non-metallic bowl stir together coriander paste, and fish sauce. Add chicken and turn to coat well with marinade. Marinate chicken, covered, at room temperature 1 hour, or for several hours in refrigerator. (Keep a few pieces handy & grill them up all-day long!)
    3. Prepare grill (or preheat broiler).
    4. Grill chicken, skin sides down, on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals until browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Brush top of chicken lightly with marinade, discarding any remaining marinade, and turn chicken. Grill chicken until just cooked through and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes more. (Alternatively, chicken may be broiled in same manner on lightly oiled rack of a large broiler pan about 4 to 6 inches from heat.)
    5. Serve chicken with dipping sauce if you are so inclined.

Hot and Sour Dipping Sauce (Might be too salty for your situation, but I amincluding it as well. Personally, I eat it w/o the sauce.

1/2 cup cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
    4 large garlic cloves, mashed to paste with pinch of salt
    2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried hot red pepper flakes

1. In a small saucepan bring vinegar to a boil. Stir in sugar and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir garlic paste and red pepper flakes into vinegar. Cool.
    2. Serve sauce at room temperature in individual condiment bowls for dipping.

Makes about 1/2 cup.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    If you like spicy flavorful stuff- Sriracha Chili Sauce is the shiznit, and it's cheap as shit too. I eat it on everything, eggs, chicken, ground sirloin, matter of fact ...I'm eating it right now..try it!

Thread Information