Thread: Carb Question

A_Nice is offline Associate Member

Question Carb Question

Wondering, what the best type of carbs to include in my diet are.

Right now i've been sticking with rice with my mid-day meals, and whole wheat toast for breakfast. Its kinda boring...

Also, whats the difference between simple and complex carbs. What should I include in my diet, and whats the best to stay away from?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Okay let's attack this question in two forms. First the difference in simple and complex carbs.
    Simple carbs (simple put) are sugars. They go thru your body very quickly and if they are not burned up quick, they turn yes into the dreaded word, FAT.
    Complex carbs however, go into your body and they don't digest so quickly, therefore giving you time to burn them off, so to speak. They are better for you than simple carbs.
    Okay now, that was a very brief discussion to save time and space, search for more detailed info on simpe and complex.
    Okay second part of your question: what kinds of foods: Complex carbs obviously are better for you and should be consumed more if not all the time.
    Potatos, Pasta, bread, some crackers.
    One way to tell what kind of food has which kind of carbs is the look at the label. It will say "total carbs", then below it it will say "Sugars". Sugars obviously are the simple carbs, all the rest are complex. Hope this helps. This is a brief explanation, but for the purpose of simplicty I hope you understand. If you would like more info PM me. I will see if I can help you understand better. Good luck.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    thanks a ton. Thats pretty much exactly what I wanted to know, seems simple enough.

Thread Information