Roughneck82 is offline Associate Member

Want some input on diet

Age 31
    Height 6'2"
    Weight 250lbs
    TDEE 3200 cal
    BF% not tested but avitar pic is good judge

I'm in 7th week lean mass/ cut cycle. 450mg test pp, 300 tren A. What I am looking for is recommendations on tweaking diet. Like times to eat what carbs, proteins and fats. Or more cabs somewhere or less here, things like that. I try to get a gallon of water a day also.
    PreWO 3:30am
    2oz turkey breast, 5egg whites, 2sc whey pro shake, 1/4cup dry oats. 92P, 19C, 4F
    Gym 4-5:45 am
    PostWO 6:00am
    5egg whites,1sc whey pro, 1/2cup cooked oats, 3/4cup blueberries. 54P, 46C, 4.5F
    Post PWO 9:00am
    7oz can chunk light tuna. 42P, 0C, 2F
    Lunch 12:00pm
    1cup B. Rice, 9oz turkey breast, 1/2avocado, 3/4cup chopped bell peppers. 58P, 60C, 24F
    Snack 2:30pm
    1 1/2cup watermelon, 1cup baby carrots. 0P, 22C, .5F
    Dinner 6-6:30pm
    12oz chicken breast, salad, 1 ear corn or asparagus.
    117P, 39C, 22.5F
    Snack 8:00pm
    1/2cup non fat cottage cheese, 1tablespoon natty PB
    14P, 8C, 8.5F

Totals 377P, 194C, 66F. Cals 2878

Stolencopy is offline New Member
    Man that seems like so much to keep up with.

It's really not that hard prepare almost everything the night before

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when you get to 50 posts, PM me and i'll send you the calculator.

until then, best time for simple carbs, for me, is on waking, pre/post WO.

the rest of the time, I'm squeezing in my protein to get to my 300grams/day goal, which isn't always an easy thing to do.

I like your nutrition plan, although your protein intake seems skewed to the high side. How do you feel in general with this diet? Do you feel shakey from time to time? I ask, since for me, too few carbs, means I get a shakey feeling and irritable.

I see you made the transition to egg whites. Good. I was eating upwards of 12 eggs a day, and "knew" laden with fat intake, but was a little surprised when I started crunching the numbers. You know, if you are anwhere near a Costco, you can get a case of egg whites, 6 or 8 in a box, and each box is 16 ounces.

Additionally, I see you eat the tuna. I never had issues with this, til I went to Afghanistan the first time. shipped, I don't know, maybe 70 or 80 cans of tuna and ate maybe 2 a day, straight out of the can. it got to the point I had one on the shelf, last one, and couldn't eat it. It whipped me! So now, I go to Costco and get cans of chicken meat.12.5oz and 0 grams of fat. not sure how they pull that one off, but I trust Costco.

So I threw some numbers into the calculator just to see, and guesstimated a 14% BF and a moderate activity level.

Based on these estimates, your TDEE would be 3600. Your minimum protein intake requirement would be 323 grams of protein, but if you were to go with a 40/40/20 split at TDEE (not below) then you would ideally need to consume 363 grams of protein per day. If your BF% is lower than 14, then your min. protein requirement goes up. and so does your TDEE (although THIS formula does not reflect that, since going only by total weight, which is one of the inherent flaws of the formula).

So, your protein intake, since I actually crunched some numbers for you, seems "OK". You are, more or less, 800 cals below TDEE, which means you should expect weight and BF% loss.

How long you been with this nutrition plan?
    ---Roman

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	73 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	151511

i put the wrong height in the calculator, off by 1"

...oh well, you get the idea.

Yeah get egg whites, chicken breast, (all meat actually) from Costco. I feel pretty good most of time, but around 10am if not doing some kind of work, I really struggle to stay awake. I wandering if it was from low carbs or lack of sleep. I got a 2yr old boy and another coming in 2 weeks. My biggest ? You answered, It was about the fruit after lunch. Was thinking should try and sub in something else besides a simple carb. Also do you fallow the Marco's that the label has on it? Marcus300 posted some numbers once, kind of split difference between label and his numbers. I've been running this plan for 4 weeks, but just added in egg whites last week. My goals are to cut bf I'm already 250lb mainly trying to maintain weight. I read that the tren is perfect for what trying to do. Use the food you eat more efficiently. Thanks man I will try and get 50 post

low energy, or "tired" is one clue not enough carbs.

Around 2008 (?) I was a Controller for a manufacturing company. There was this younger chic there. She knew I lifted. She told me that she lifted too, although she didn't wear any makeup or any clothes that would compliment her physique. She was actually a "body builder" for women. I'm not sure, but I'm not thinking it was in the figure division either. She knew a surprising amount of information. Anyways, I shifted my diet away from carbs, and grew "cranky" and low body energy. She was one of my staff accountants at the time. She came into my office and closed the door. Usually a red flag for us older white dudes to have a young chic in your office with the door closed. So she eased on into the conversation. Very tactfully. Then the conversation came up about my diet. She asked me point blank how the gym was going. Were there any changes. Keep in mind, I'm the corporate controller, in my mid forties or so, and she is maybe twenty five. Come to find out, she was a licensed trainer. So we talked, and then the subject came up about my diet. I confessed that I was avoiding carbs to lower my bf%. She shook her head up and down signaling she understood. Then she told me that people like "us" actually need carbs to function properly, as we treat our bodies much differently than most regular folk. She suggested that I reintroduce carbs back into my diet, as some of the staff were complaining I was becoming a hardass and difficult to work for.

A couple of weeks later, she came back into my office, and asked how it was going. I told her I took her advice, and she said she already knew that. I had returned to my normal "nice guy" self, and people were happy to come to work again.

That's a long story to tell you that carbs are your energy source, and if you feel lethargic or irritable, probably a clue you are running carbs too low.

---Roman

Yeah I already took the advice and added a half cup B rice last night with dinner. Left off the cottage cheese, and just had 2 table spoons of PB before bed. This morning had a lot of energy at gym, hit legs hard for little over 1hr with some good ab work. What about carb cycling, or should I try and stick to 40/40/20

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Well as far as "is your diet solid" it is good. I am sure most would be happy with it. Only comment on the things you eat now....

Turkey breast. If this is deli sliced stuff....that is a water retention item. Clean white chicken breast is superior. Just a detail.

I do not support shakes just because you have no idea of the absorption rate of shake protein (not a published item). Due to this you have no idea what level of protein you are actually getting. Just my opinion. As detailed as you have your diet removing the shakes and adding real protein would remove an unknown. Just my opinion.

Taking carbs pre WO gives more WO energy. Taking protein gives more pump. (Generally). For me and GVT carbs pre-WO vs not means 10 sets of 10 vs 8 sets of 10 and 2 sets of 8.

I think a slight bump in cardio would do far more than any tweek to your diet for a cut.

Started some more cardio this week, was going to look at it after a couple weeks. Just some simple stuff like brisk walk for 20 min after work out.2 times a week, Plus I play golf every weekend and walk every time. So a normal round 4hrs of good slow walk. Thanks guys for input

Oh and turkey breast I buy the whole breast from Costco and cut my own slices

Thread Information