Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: how many carbs should i eat on a low carb diet

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up how many carbs should i eat on a low carb diet

how many carbs should i eat on a low carb diet,

i am 210 right now and wanna lose fat not muscles, i eat 250 g of protein a day.

Mix flaxoil in my shakes 42g 3 times a day they are carb free.

In the morning i eat a big breakfast, egg whites, turkey, and whole wheat toast.

i am mixed up about how much carbs i should eat, i have cutted out all candy bar, ice cream and junk food.

I have found that if i have a sugar rush i buy black coffee and add 2-3 sweetners to it, calms my urge and appetit.

They say that even sweetners can rise insulin levels but its better to drink a black coffee with 15 calories then a candybar like oh henry that has 329 cals with 29 g of fat and sugar and carbs.

Started the cardio with my girlfriend this week( i hate cardio and rahter wrestle but this is once a week).

thanks again guys and is the diet (the zone ) any good my girlfriend says it hot?????

I dont wanna jump into that atkins diet and low carbing stuff becose its to high in fat and i dont beleive in putting so much fat into my body.

thanks everyone

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    personally ive done well with a carb cycling type of diet. I was 225lbs so I did a 300/200/100/100 typr cyle. this means day 1 Id eat 300 grams of carbs, day two 200grams of carbs and so on. This may be a bit high for you depending on your currents weight. Personally I wanted to have slow consistent weight drop so I went with that. When I got to about 215 I switched to 200/150/100 cycle. I aslo made sure to eat all my carbs within the first two or three meals of the day. for example on a three hundred day I'd go with 100 breakfast, 100 mid-lunch, 100 lunch. On a two hundred day it would be 100 breakfast and 100 mid-lunch. Play around with that see how you feel. Alot of people drop carbs really really low like 50 to 75 per day consistenly. I cant do that... my muscles feel flat I have no energy for the gym etc. But if your willing to loose some muscle I guess thats a personal choice. It goes without saying that all your carbs should be from QUALITY carbs. sweet pot. brown rice 100% whole grain bread (not just wheat bread, which is sometimes a mixture) etc. Especially when your on a low day, you can't afford to waste 50 g of carbs on a cup of OJ!!!
    as far as your coffee is concerned I do the same thing I feel the sweetner is so minimal that if need a sweet treat it works well. If you want make some concentrated (about half the water needed) crystal light put it in an ice cube tray and freeze it. when 11 o'clock rolles around pop one as a little treat it also helped me.
    Hope that helps write back for more info.
    gorilla

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    bump

edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up thanks gorilla very much i will do so

yes i make myself popsicles to with crystal light and fat free jello

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    NEVER go below 50, and I'd stay above 100 personally

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Whoa !!!! did some one say Atkins diet here ?????

God please tell me your kidding ... or just not a BB .... hehe
    that is soley a weight loss program for fat people with no drive ... Similar to the girls I knew that went on the Ice cream diet .. Oh all you eat is ice cream and your body loses weight ... well maybe if you didnt eat 3 gallons a day ..... !!!!

You can ask most people what foods are bad and they know what they shouldn't eat .... It is just hard to make the commitment ... You can and you will brother ... Because you have the tools and the desire ...right ?

For now tell us your goal and some stats and we will try and help,,, Ok ?
    Good luck

MsFit is offline Female Member
    Edraven29, I've done several studies and research on the low-carb diet and the Anabolic Diet. There is a difference and you need to be careful not to mix the two. I've dieted on 'drop carb method' (250/125/65) as Gorilla stated and it has proven to work.

A low carb diet would entail keeping your carbs at about .5 grams per pound of bodyweight which for you is roughly 100 carbs a day. That's low for a big guy.

The Anabloic Diet/CKD/TKD.....is high protein and fat and keeping the carbs at 10% or below. Now, if you are cutting carbs to this degree you need to add fat for energy. All fats are not created equal. What I'm suggesting is GOOD fats found in red meat, almonds, natural peanut butter, some fish....You can't cut carbs and fats, you need one or the other for energy and balance.

Choose a dieting method and stay with it, don't combine two completely different techniques.
    MsFit

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    GO GIRL SPOT ON!!!
    Ms Figure

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by MsFit
    Edraven29, I've done several studies and research on the low-carb diet and the Anabolic Diet. There is a difference and you need to be careful not to mix the two. I've dieted on 'drop carb method' (250/125/65) as Gorilla stated and it has proven to work.

A low carb diet would entail keeping your carbs at about .5 grams per pound of bodyweight which for you is roughly 100 carbs a day. That's low for a big guy.

The Anabloic Diet/CKD/TKD.....is high protein and fat and keeping the carbs at 10% or below. Now, if you are cutting carbs to this degree you need to add fat for energy. All fats are not created equal. What I'm suggesting is GOOD fats found in red meat, almonds, natural peanut butter, some fish....You can't cut carbs and fats, you need one or the other for energy and balance.

Choose a dieting method and stay with it, don't combine two completely different techniques.
    MsFit
    is the anabolic a good choice?.......if you go bak to eating carbs will you gain all teh weight back ?

Is any diet a good choice? Anytime you go back to the way you were doing things (dieting, training...) you will get those results. Basically, any diet works, as long as you are consistent, but I find that the anabolic , keto, Atkins.....whatever name it goes by now works for me.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit, I know I react to food different than most people.

Guess and check bro, your body is gonna process the carbs different than mine.

My lifting partner eats like fucking shit, I follow a strict diet, keep it posted on my fridge and its the only thing I eat.

He stays leaner than me though.

I can do 300 grabs of complex carbs (yams, brown rice, oats, grains) and put on fat no matter how hard I work out and run it seems.

I have to cut carbs to about 75grams, unless I'm using Clen or T3.

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    no carbs suck because once you decide to start eating carb....blammmm
    there comes the weight....just eat clean...you will lose....

But, carbs are clean.........so where do you draw the line? There are many different approaches to dieting, low-carb, zero-carb, zone, rotation........they all work, it's a matter of what works for your body type and being consistent.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

Japan man is offline New Member
    Originally posted by MsFit
    But, carbs are clean.........so where do you draw the line? There are many different approaches to dieting, low-carb, zero-carb, zone, rotation........they all work, it's a matter of what works for your body type and being consistent.
    MsFit
    exactly!

Nico is offline Associate Member
    There are weeks that I eat carbs from pasta, white rice and regular potatoes and the next week switch over to oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatos. Carb count is alway the same, about 250 grams a day. But just by switching over from week to week I can feel changes.
    basically just choose the right carbs.

mbtrading96 is offline New Member
    If I weigh 132lbs how many fat grams should I have per day?I am a female currently on 4 th week of winstrol and I'm trying to get more cut up.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by mbtrading96 View Post
    If I weigh 132lbs how many fat grams should I have per day?I am a female currently on 4 th week of winstrol and I'm trying to get more cut up.
    Start your own thread. This is the oldest bump of the year, what do you people search for?!?!?!
    tarmyg likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information