View Poll Results: How often do you diet?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I diet for the summer

    22 35.48%
  • I diet to get ready for a show

    3 4.84%
  • Diet what the hell is that

    8 12.90%
  • My life is one big DIET

    31 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451

    How Much of the Year Do You Diet Strictly?

    I have to diet most of the year in some way. I took off for a while but I end up a fat ass. I always hear guys saying how they just diet for summer (must be nice). So How often do you diet?

  2. #2
    D00fy's Avatar
    D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,224
    hmm i diet somewhat all year long I try, except december.,i take the whole month off to rest and be with family so i eat crappy but that just me,but i notice takin periods off the gym and hitting it back ,u intensify your workout even greater,its like the 1st time u hit the gym shocking your body........as for diet............well it depends usually theirs 2 ways of me approaching it HOLIDAY DIET,eat whatever you want and not give a crap and than theres TIMEOFF DIET,when i dont hit the gym ,mostly in december, time off diet is eating everything right but foods u wont normally eat in a cutting diet but more of a bulking diet like whole eggs,whole wheat bread,pasta,cereal,milk,good food ........I like to diet as long as possible because for some reason IMAGE PLAYS A ROLE IN TODAYS SOCIETY, people seem to think hey your fat get away from him but i dunno i feel good when i diet and i notice better results......

    THE REASON I DIET: I gain fat fast,I easily get bloated,I dont like looking bloated makes me think its fat,i have crappy genetics, I Have lower stomach which is hard to get rid off,and hardly seen if i go below 150,but HELL NO!!!!!! 160 i look good upperbody so skrew abs there is always DNP 7days 200mg

    I JUST GAVE U ALOT OF BULLSHIT THAT U DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR,BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY SORRY
    Last edited by D00fy; 04-02-2002 at 04:41 AM.

  3. #3
    silverfox's Avatar
    silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,911
    Only when getting ready for show, start 16 weeks out and cut carbs more and more as it get closer. Been 1.5y since last diet. I truely beleive dieting all the diet is a waste of progress. I see guys make some good gains in 8 weeks then decided they are fat and diet away all their gains. They do this over and over and then complain they are not getting bigger.

  4. #4
    edraven29 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    240
    i have the same case scenario when i met my current girlfriend i was 185 and add a good physique ( good enough for me), then i decided to bulk up, went from a 34 inch to 38+ and 225 pounds.

    Guess that 2 years with carte blanche to eat whatever i wanted is enought, now i am dieting to get the body i went, i keep cheat days, nothing comes easy in life, this i add to learn and i wasnt gonna bet the type of body i wanted eating sugar and shit.

    GUess i will diet most of the time and keep some cheat days once or twice a week, seems to be working fine right now.

  5. #5
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    Originally posted by eye_candy
    Been 1.5y since last diet.
    You don't even want to know what I'd look like after 1.5 years.

    D00fy, I have that same lower gut prob. After being on 2 bulking cycles in a row its getting to be more than just the lower part though . I got some t-3 and some clen to help with that after I'm done with this cycle.

    edraven, when I met my wife I took 4 years off. Still not back to where Im should be but Im getting there slowly.

  6. #6
    Deadend's Avatar
    Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    402
    I have a slow metabolism and have to diet pretty much year round. Sometimes I'll slip up for a while and just binge, but usually for no more than three weeks. It feels good to be on a diet though. when i go through my eating binges it's like i'm a big lazy couch potatoe.

  7. #7
    Babyweight's Avatar
    Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Fla
    Posts
    1,297
    I diet most all the time. Except of course in December... that for me too is the time of year to enjoy food & family.
    Plus I'm not a sweets freak. I rarely will have sugar unless someone sticks it in my face! Then I almost always have a taste.
    I'm fortunate enough to have a very fast metabolism which is good for me because Pizza & beer is my strongest weakness.

  8. #8
    D00fy's Avatar
    D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,224
    Give me DNP and i will never have to worry about eating habits :P

  9. #9
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    DNP is some bad shit D00fy. I'll stick to t-3 and clen .

  10. #10
    Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,886
    I watch what I eat year round but I have to admit that right before summer I will tweek the diet a bit and count every gram of carbs that I can.
    Tobey

  11. #11
    Nate_Dog's Avatar
    Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    OZ
    Posts
    765
    Originally posted by D00fy
    hmm i diet somewhat all year long I try, except december.,i take the whole month off to rest and be with family so i eat crappy but that just me,but i notice takin periods off the gym and hitting it back ,u intensify your workout even greater,its like the 1st time u hit the gym shocking your body........as for diet............well it depends usually theirs 2 ways of me approaching it HOLIDAY DIET,eat whatever you want and not give a crap and than theres TIMEOFF DIET,when i dont hit the gym ,mostly in december, time off diet is eating everything right but foods u wont normally eat in a cutting diet but more of a bulking diet like whole eggs,whole wheat bread,pasta,cereal,milk,good food ........I like to diet as long as possible because for some reason IMAGE PLAYS A ROLE IN TODAYS SOCIETY, people seem to think hey your fat get away from him but i dunno i feel good when i diet and i notice better results......

    THE REASON I DIET: I gain fat fast,I easily get bloated,I dont like looking bloated makes me think its fat,i have crappy genetics, I Have lower stomach which is hard to get rid off,and hardly seen if i go below 150,but HELL NO!!!!!! 160 i look good upperbody so skrew abs there is always DNP 7days 200mg

    I JUST GAVE U ALOT OF BULLSHIT THAT U DIDN'T WANT TO HEAR,BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY SORRY
    What the fuck....Doofy and DNP? Doofy stop giving out advice and talking about gear you have never even taken. Here you are talking about DNP. Hell boy you are not even legal to drink beer. Reading about gear doesn't make you an expert.

    People see you "Senior Member, 800 posts" and think you are some 220 pound, competitive Bodybuilder. Dont talk about things you have not tried. Leave the advice for the Vets/Mods. Before you help do someone some damage.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    42
    All the year, my life is diet. Just give a break in the weekends I travel, go 4 barbecue, and in the holidays of couse.

  13. #13
    Deadend's Avatar
    Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    402
    Originally posted by Nate_Dog


    What the fuck....Doofy and DNP ? Doofy stop giving out advice and talking about gear you have never even taken. Here you are talking about DNP. Hell boy you are not even legal to drink beer. Reading about gear doesn't make you an expert.

    People see you "Senior Member, 800 posts" and think you are some 220 pound, competitive Bodybuilder. Dont talk about things you have not tried. Leave the advice for the Vets/Mods. Before you help do someone some damage.
    I was actually thinking about taking Doofy off of my ignore list because some of the vets and mods have stood up for him and kinda backed him up. So I'm thinking, maybe the kid has something to offer. Guess not. Half of that post is sentence fragments and phrases.

  14. #14
    GenuinePL's Avatar
    GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,693
    Diet????? What's that.

    Is thet when you eat all those candy bars and french fries for lunch and nice fat pork for dinner.
    That's it, right. You suppose to eat twice a day. I knew it.


    LOL

  15. #15
    Iwan2bsolid2's Avatar
    Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    1,743
    I pretty much eat clean year round, occasional off days or meals...bulking to me is just eating more, more clean food, not crap. You are what you eat. Most people I know think I'm crazy for how I eat. I think most people are crazy for how they eat.

    SOLID

  16. #16
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    Why do I think you really mean that Genuine

  17. #17
    ironmike7000's Avatar
    ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    335
    I have a fast metabolism so I can eat almost anything I want and not gain weight. Which is good and bad. I don't gain much fat no matter what I eat, but then I have a hard time gaining extra muscle too. I only really diet when it gets near summer so my abs will show.

  18. #18
    indigo's Avatar
    indigo is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5
    For me, I follow a strict diet plan 98% of the year. My only exception being special events or family gatherings. I say this just because it is so much easier, NOT to explain why I eat the way I do. It is a personal choice I neither push on anyone or care to explain.

    Most of the year I follow a CKD type diet...with the schedule I work and hours I maintain, this has been the easiest and most effective diet. And probably most important leaves me feeling the best.

    ~indigo
    "Resolve to make each day the very best and don't let anyone get in your way. If they do-- step on them. "

  19. #19
    superbeast's Avatar
    superbeast is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    north of the South, east
    Posts
    715
    I was going to answer this but then I read some of the responses. It depends on how you define diet. From the responses, everybody looks at this differently. I eat "clean" year round. Not sure if I would call it dieting or not. Caloric intake changes but eating "clean" stays the same.

  20. #20
    Spin55 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    8
    usually inbetween college breaks i cut back a little and diet and once april hits i diet till august

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Posts
    720
    I am always conscious about the foods that I eat but how often do I actually eat "clean",prolly about 50 percent of my meals,maybe this is why I am not where I want to be

  22. #22
    Cali's Avatar
    Cali is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,077
    Not near as often as I should. I start with just one cheat day a week and then I end up with about 2 or 3 a week by the time I realize it. And unlike Babyweight, I have a slow metabolism. Someone kick my ass already!

  23. #23
    Short_Guy's Avatar
    Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    I pretty much eat clean year round, occasional off days or meals...bulking to me is just eating more, more clean food, not crap. You are what you eat. Most people I know think I'm crazy for how I eat. I think most people are crazy for how they eat.

    SOLID
    Ditto.

  24. #24
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,592
    I eat clean year round, ive basiclly(sp) stopped eating candy, just some ice cream during the summer, never drink soda anymore.

  25. #25
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,716
    I eat clean year round but I don't worry about how many carbs I take in until the spring and summer time.

  26. #26
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,965
    I try and eat clean during the entire year but I diet during the summer. Thank God I live in Canada and the summers are relatively short.

  27. #27
    PaPaPumP's Avatar
    PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Outside your bedroom wind
    Posts
    4,470
    Year round. solid's answer is exactly how i do it.

  28. #28
    Yung Wun is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In The Chocolate Factory
    Posts
    698
    365 days a year!!!!!

  29. #29
    popularry's Avatar
    popularry is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    7

    Smile diet! get your ass in gear dude!

    Yo cali i read your reply on diet...dude i have the same ass prob! im 5'10 180lbs at 20% bf...im trying a strict clean 50:25:25 protein:carb:fat diet...total of about 1700 calories.. eating 6x a day... im getting use to it...ive typically binge and eat sweets ...dude it is hard...and if i don't get more ripped i am going to get pisssed...im a doing a two month trial... also doing carido 4-5x a week...wish me luck
    i can send you info if you wanna do it with me...
    this email is to kick your ass in gear! ha ha ha
    hit me up to talk more...
    later
    -larry in california


    Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    Not near as often as I should. I start with just one cheat day a week and then I end up with about 2 or 3 a week by the time I realize it. And unlike Babyweight, I have a slow metabolism. Someone kick my ass already!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •