Rottie is offline New Member

DNP...or what the heck?

Ok, I've read just about everything on this site about DNP , and have also done my own internet searches. Im really not scared of using DNP (if used correctly), but Im sorta confused about something.

Lets see...I've been droping a steady 2lbs a week for the last 16 weeks, and have also gained about 6lbs of muscle(muscle gain was not intended, as only fat loss was desired for this diet).

DNP seems to help people drop about 2lbs a week, thus this is where Im lost. If a good natural diet, and plenty of cardiio can make me drop 2lbs a week, would any possible side-effects of DNP be worth the hassel of using DNP?

I think it was Animal who posted all the great facts about DNP, and its usage...and it seems that DNP can help people drop 2lbs a week, thus if Im already droping 2 lbs a week without DNP(and it aint easy...frickin cardio is consuming about 14 hours of my time a week), is DNP gonna benefit me?

theron is offline Associate Member
    don't really know too much about dnp but i know that it is dangerous stuff to fool around with even with a low dosage.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: DNP...or what the heck?

Originally posted by Rottie
    Lets see...I've been droping a steady 2lbs a week for the last 16 weeks, and have also gained about 6lbs of muscle(muscle gain was not intended, as only fat loss was desired for this diet).
    That's impressive. From everything I've read and experienced 1lb per week is the norm and 2lbs per week is on the high side as far as weight loss WITHOUT muscle loss is concerned (it is possible to lose more on a weekly basis but you will lose muscle as well). And you say you've also gained 6 lbs of muscle....that is hard to do naturally. I'm NOT doubting you bro, but that is exceptional and not the norm. How have you been measuring your progress (body composition)?

Rottie is offline New Member
    Pete235,

I use to measure by calipers, but now Im using the water dispersement method. I do take about 400mg of T-Cyp for theraputic purposes.

Keep protein moderately high, stagering carbs, and low fat.
    1 hr cardio in morning----
    1.5 hours weight training, and 45-60 mn cardio at night
    6 to 7 days a week, depending on mood, and energy level.
    I make sure to get atleast 8 hours of sleep, and ocasionally use whey protein when I get sick of cooking chicken.
    Last edited by Rottie; 04-04-2002 at 11:59 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No flame here bro...hope you didn't take it that way. Seriously, that is impressive...I think that's the way we all want things to happen Keep it up...and please share some of your diet secrets as well. The boys around here eat that stuff up (no pun intended )

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Hey bro if you really want to see if it is body fat or lean muscle that you are lossing then try this. This is just an example but place your body weight and your body fat percentage into these formulas as see what you get.

Let's say that we have a man at 262 lbs and is presently at 17% body fat.

Body weight (BW) = 262 lbs.
    Body Fat % (BF%) = 17%
    Fat weight (FW) = BW x BF% = FW
    262 x .17 = 45 lbs FW
    Lean muscle mass (LMM) = BW - FW = LMM
    262 lbs - 45 lbs = 217 lbs LMM
    Ok, first off you need to convert the BF% to a decimal by moving the decimal place over 2 places. This will give you your fat weight. That is out of the total 262 lbs. of weight that you presently carry, 45 lbs of it is fat.
    Now to determine your lean muscle mass just subtract the fat weight from the total weight and what is left is your lean muscle. Yours is presently 217 lbs. of muscle. This figure can be a little misleading as in also includes your bone tissue, body fluids, ingested food ect. , HOWEVER, these values will never go up significantly at any one time to affect this value so it is a very good basis to measure your lean muscle mass. Always keep a close eye on these figures as they will tell you where you are going with your diet and training. Now it goes with out saying that if your lean muscle mass is going down then you ARE loseing fat but if it is the other way around then you are loseing lean muscle mass as well.
    Hope this helps,
    Tobey
    Last edited by Tobey; 04-04-2002 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information