Thread: 30 and tired

2small4now is offline New Member

30 and tired

Hey all
    I am 30 going on 31 and have never been more than 130 pounds. I spent 14 years in the army in 1st ranger batt. and have since seemed to have caused my body to reject weight gain. I lift roughly 1 to 2 hours a day, and try to maintain a well balanced diet of roughly 2500 cal. I just have a problem with time and being able to prepare or actually sit down and eat. I work 5 12 hour shifts a week and I have 3 young, very time consuming daughters, who are quickly getting close to weighing the same as me. I desperately need help with finding a quick to prepare, bulking diet. Things that are ready to eat are the best for me as even though I work so much I do have the luxory of being able to eat while working, just cant prepare anything.
    I just want to gain weight for once in my life. I get stronger and stronger but never any bigger. Have definately hit my "nat" ability I believe.
    Thanx in advance fellas.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would up your calories and reduce the time you are spending in the gym. I never spend 2 hours in the gym. The most i ever spend in an 1 or an hour and 15 mins on a leg day. Most of the time I am in there and out of there in 30-45 mins.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

2small4now is offline New Member
    thanx abstract, I may have failed to mention that the gym I go to is at work... So if I am simply lifting that day it is an hour or less......have to allow for the guys who feel that I want to talk shop while in the gym...but I try to add a cardio workout 2-3 times a week which sometimes puts me closer to the 2 hour mark. With our facilities being what they are I usually have to wait for a bike or stepper. And if I am driving to the pool that is usually within the 2 hour mark as well. I have tried upping my cal. intake to 3000 and even higher, I just find that I am unable to consume so much throughout the day while still maintaining a healthy balance in the meals. Also, I have found that when I try to get into a higher cal diet my body tends to push it all out just as fast. Any sugg.'s?
    Thanx.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would drop the cardio to just walking on off days. keep you cals up and throw up your diet for people to help. You might be an ectomorph, but you should still be able to gain weight. You might want to try a weight gainer, but I still think with proper food intake you should be able to gain some LBM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information