Thread: carbs

njk
    njk is offline Associate Member

carbs

wanted to know what are some good carbs to take during the day, since i workout at night ? keep in mind want to gain 10-15 lbs of quality size , not looking to diet, but put on some quality muscle. thanks

juicerm is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njk
    wanted to know what are some good carbs to take during the day, since i workout at night ? keep in mind want to gain 10-15 lbs of quality size , not looking to diet, but put on some quality muscle. thanks
    If you want to gain quality muscle with as little fat as possible your going to have to have a clean diet. Meaning only taking in carbs in your breakfest (egg whites/oatmeal), PWO (dex/whey) shake, and your PPWO (lean protein/yam) meal.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicerm
    If you want to gain quality muscle with as little fat as possible your going to have to have a clean diet. Meaning only taking in carbs in your breakfest (egg whites/oatmeal), PWO (dex/whey) shake, and your PPWO (lean protein/yam) meal.
    Not neccessarily true, i have an extra carb meal when i am bulking. It is all dependent on the person.

as for the original question, go with oats, sweet potatoes(yams), brown rice, and then dex for pwo. There are plenty other options but these are the best choices for carbs imo

xenithon is offline Member
    He wants to gain 15 lbs and you are telling him to limit carb to 3 meals? And having 4 meals with carbs is a bulk? So as not to sugar-coat it, Jesus what a crock of ****! This carbs-are-evil syndrome is really going too far. IMO the only time you should limit carbs so much is when seriously cutting or contest-prepping. To maintain and to bulk carbs are your friend. As long as you don't go insane with them, and remember that cals in vs. cals out should be your foremost (but not sole obviously) concern you are good to go.

In terms of sources, try:
    -oats
    -kasha (buckwheat)
    -brown and basmati rice
    -bulgur wheat
    -oatbran
    -barley
    -sweet potato
    -wholewheat pasta and couscous
    -millet
    -butternut squash (if available)
    -fresh fruits and vegetables

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by njk
    wanted to know what are some good carbs to take during the day, since i workout at night ? <b>keep in mind want to gain 10-15 lbs of quality size , not looking to diet<b>, but put on some quality muscle. thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    He wants to gain 15 lbs and you are telling him to limit carb to 3 meals? And having 4 meals with carbs is a bulk? So as not to sugar-coat it, Jesus what a crock of ****!
    Please stop w/the sugar coating.

~SC~

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea 4 meals with carbs is a lean bulk for me and if you don't aggree check out the bulking sticky

Thread Information