lzicc is offline Senior Member

Reheat food in microwave

I know that cooking food in the microwave kills some of the vitamins and minerals, but what does it do to protein? I reheat meals up the micro at work and wondered how bad is this?

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate doing it, but its tough to get out and bbq a chicken breast 2-3 times a day...I just try not to nuke the thing, just heat it slightly.

Do you think reheating it is as bad as to actually cooking raw food? I just don't want to lose anything from my food by doing this. It is a tuff situation. I am thinking about buying an electric steamer for work to reheat food. Don't now how good that will work though.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    if it werent for a microwave I would be in hell. I depend on em. I cook several batches of meat at one time and make small portable meals to reheat later, wherever.

Yeh I reheat a lot of my food in the microwave I hope it doesnt have any negative effects.

Austex is offline Member
    What's wrong with eating it cold? If you're dieting, you won't be eating filet mignon and ice cream and garlic mashed potatoes (my mouth is watering now) you'll be eating chicken and brown rice and greens. Heating it only aromizes the bland, monotonous taste that we so long for day in and day out.
    Last edited by Austex; 04-16-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Here is a cut and paste of some info. The link to the full article is below.

Decrease In Food Value — Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritive value of all foods researched. There was a decrease in bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotropics in all foods, a loss of 60 to 90% of the vital energy field of all tested foods, and a marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.

http://www.jrussellshealth.com/microwaves.html

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Here is a cut and paste of some info. The link to the full article is below.

Decrease In Food Value — Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritive value of all foods researched. There was a decrease in bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotropics in all foods, a loss of 60 to 90% of the vital energy field of all tested foods, and a marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.

http://www.jrussellshealth.com/microwaves.html
    bleh just take a multi and keep on nuking

I just want to make sure it doesn't kill the protein value mainly. The article was sorta sketchy about that. I eat veggies and multi's for vitamins.

Thread Information