en1222 is offline Member

Workout late = Eating carbs late

I Lift at around 7pm so I do not have my shake with dex until 8:15pm...
    Then I have my PPWO meal chicken or lean steak With 1 cup of brown rice at around 9:30. Then I go to Bed about 11:30 (I have two scoops of Micellar Casein & Calcium Caseinate). Also I usually have oats 45 mins after my morning cardio.

I am trying to cut. Is having these carbs messing that up? Am I having them to late?

PS. I have lost around 6 pounds in 4 weeks though.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I do the same thing on days I lift at like 2am. I just have my PWO at 3 and my PPWO carb/pro meal at 4 then a flax/whey shake at 6 before bed. Other days I workout around 2pm and I do the same thing and I really haven't noticed a difference.

Bigsickd is offline New Member
    You need those carbs before and after training, no matter the time, prevents muscle catabolism. Cut them down other times in the day, in your case during the day. Let me recommend that you take in about 30g of whey protein about 15-20min before morning cardio to prevent muscle breakdown and loss as well. Then have your oatmeal and protein source about 30-45 min after cardio session.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsickd
    You need those carbs before and after training, no matter the time, prevents muscle catabolism. Cut them down other times in the day, in your case during the day. Let me recommend that you take in about 30g of whey protein about 15-20min before morning cardio to prevent muscle breakdown and loss as well. Then have your oatmeal and protein source about 30-45 min after cardio session.
    I agree w/ what you say except what's in bold. Morning cardio should be done on an EMPTY stomach IMO...

en1222 is offline Member
    I usually only have carbs after I lift. Should I be having carbs before as well even if I am cutting? If so what kindof carbs? Brownrice? Yams?

I do cardio on an empty stomach.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by en1222
    I usually only have carbs after I lift. Should I be having carbs before as well even if I am cutting? If so what kindof carbs? Brownrice? Yams?

I do cardio on an empty stomach.
    aww yes my pre work out spill
    i like to take in quality complex carbs Old Fashion oats is what i choose and blend them to a fine dust in blender then mix them w/ whey protein and it should lower the density of the oats thus reducing their GI lvl helping them to readily absorb along w/ the whey protein. i drink about 1hr before lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsickd
    yep protein before cardio... is a nono lowers amount of fat and % of fat utilized during cardiovascular session.

en1222 is offline Member
    So oats before i workout and then dex and brown rice after? What about brown rice before and after?

Quote Originally Posted by en1222
    So oats before i workout and then dex and brown rice after? What about brown rice before and after?
    if you do a Pro/Carb MEAL then do it about 1.5-2hrs before lifting

Thread Information