Thread: Low carb foods?

RebelMan is offline Junior Member

Low carb foods?

I am just starting to get on a diet. I was wondering what the best kind of food is to eat concerning the right type of carbs and low carbs.

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    oats, fruit, veggies, lean beef, fish...

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I don't uunderstand what kind of a diet you want to be on. A low calorie diet or a low carb diet? You may want to be on a bulking diet for all I know. Please specify what you had in mind, your stats and your health and fitness goals.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I am 5'9" 190lbs. I want to be on a cutting diet. I lift 5 days a week and do cardio 4. My goal right now is to get ripped up. It doesnt matter if i gain any mass, I just wanna be cut up.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Originally posted by Trianon
    oats, fruit, veggies, lean beef, fish...
    Yeah Trianon has some good ideas here but I would deffinetly leave oats off this particular list as they are loaded with carbs. This is kind of a hard question as different foods have varying amounts of nutritional values and it is almost impossible to Guess what your likes and dislikes may be. My suggestion would be to search through the reciepe section. There are a lot of ideas there that you can search from to get some ideas and ALL of the nutrtional values are posted at the end of each receipe. You might also want to look at the back of nutrional labels. Take a look at your present diet and look up the nutoirtional info on it. What does it look like? Should you delete some of these foods from your diet? Which foods can you omit yet still feel comfortable with. To often people try to omit entire ways of eatignt hat they have become accustom to over the years and it almost always ends in failure. Try changeing things up a little at a time to avoid such delimas.
    IC

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Ouch! The advice you guys are giving Rebel are not low carb.

Carb free= beef, pork, chicken, fish
    Low carb= leafy green veggies
    High carb= fruits and grains

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    grains - hi carb, yes, but he was asking what type of carbs he should be eating, so I said oats, since they are good source of complex carbs, and fruits in moderation will give you vitamins and some fiber (a must on low cal high protein diet, or prepare to patch up your output orifice). I prefer grapefruit. That's all I am saying. I pretty much base my diet around fish, chicken, 95-98% lean beef, yams, brown rice, etc... About 150-350 cal from carbs a day.

Thread Information