alphaman is offline Member

pro/fat pre-workout... not good?

This probably doesn't warrant a whole thread, but I think I just figured something out(something which I'm sure a lot of you already know!)

If you're trying to seperate the carbs and fats, is it not good to include a lot of fat in your preWO meal? I'm wondering this out because I have a bunch of flax pills I figured I might as well get rid of, so I took like 14 of 'em w/ some chicken breast, about 45 min b4 I lifted, and after I was done, I burped and it tasted like flax big-time! I consumed PWO right after this and probably stored some fat.

The only other thing I can think of is that the pills take too long to digest. The sticky says "Lean protein, veggies" for this meal, so I'm figuring I guessed right. Do you think this is true?
    Last edited by alphaman; 05-06-2005 at 05:31 PM.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    This probably doesn't warrant a whole thread, but I think I just figured something out(something which I'm sure a lot of you already know!)

If you're trying to seperate the carbs and fats, is it not good to include a lot of fat in your preWO meal? I'm wondering this out because I have a bunch of flax pills I figured I might as well get rid of, so I took like 14 of 'em w/ some chicken breast, about 45 min b4 I lifted, and after I was done, I burped and it tasted like flax big-time! I consumed PWO right after this and probably stored some fat.

The only other thing I can think of is that the pills take too long to digest. The sticky says "Lean protein, veggies" for this meal, so I'm figuring I guessed right. Do you think this is true?
    Pro/fat meal is fine before your wokrout IMHO.....I think the fast even gives me some added energy

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Pro/fat meal is fine before your wokrout IMHO.....I think the fast even gives me some added energy
    I hear you, but shouldn't the fat be digested before taking in any carbs? If the flax is still in my stomach when the carbs hit, wouldn't it mix together, and be the same as if I eat them together?

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I always have a pro/fat right before my workout. Ive never had a problem. An issue might be the pills? Try getting some liquid, those pills suck balls, Ill be burping that crap all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    I always have a pro/fat right before my workout. Ive never had a problem. An issue might be the pills? Try getting some liquid, those pills suck balls, Ill be burping that crap all day.
    Yeah, I think it's the pills, they take longer to digest. I just started lifting again this week, and started back dieting and cardio like a month ago after a long layoff. I was eating a lot less carbs until this week, so I wasn't worrried about it. I used this cutting technique for a few months before I fukked my back up, and I don't remember experiencing this, so I guess it was th pillls. I knew they sucked, and that you gotta take a $hitload of 'em, but I figured if that was the only drawback, I didn't want them to go to waste.

smegs is offline Member
    bro, taking down 14 pills of flax is just dirty
    but you're right, why waste them
    stick to the oil or seed or another type of fat for preWO

Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    bro, taking down 14 pills of flax is just dirty
    Well I am dirty, can't help it.

Just so you guys know, the one on the bottom is a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Well I am dirty, can't help it.

Just so you guys know, the one on the bottom is a girl.
    I dunno, I think I see a little yellow penis hangin down

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    I dunno, I think I see a little yellow penis hangin down
    No, those are my balls.

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Back on topic:
    I agree fats are a good choice pre workout. They will not impair your performance.

Even when you burp up some flax post with your post workout shake it will probably not harm you very much. Metabolism will be up at that moment, so you will burn a little more calories.

Quote Originally Posted by big'r
    Back on topic:
    I agree fats are a good choice pre workout. They will not impair your performance.

Even when you burp up some flax post with your post workout shake it will probably not harm you very much. Metabolism will be up at that moment, so you will burn a little more calories.
    I don't know.... I think any undigested fat would just mix together w/ the carbs.

I think for it to be beneficial, the fat would have to digested out of the stomach by the time the carbs are introduced.

It's my thread and I'll get off topic when I want to>

Well Right now, I am cutting and using slin and My pre workout meal is usually pro/fat and I even take slin along with my dex and protein PWO, and I have had no problems with gaining fat, as long as I watch my carbs after the slin injection. I am dropping fat just fine w/ pro/fat PreWO meals and im using slin! Hope this helps

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    having fat/pro for pwo, and then workingout for about 1-1:30 hrs. I think you will burn that fat .

let's say you have 50g pro .

and mix about 14g flax fat

50x4=200
    14x9=126

total of 326 cals for pwo.

now I guess if you work for an hour or more, and then walk for 10mins afterward, you will not mix fat&carbs as you think.

make sure you go heavy.

try to get rid of those flax Pills, i tried'm and then the guys here made an advice for the oil and not the pills.

((BIG BIG BIG DIFFERENCE DUDE))

diesel21 is offline Member
    slin, yikes u guys are crazy

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    is slin really that bad though? i mean as long as you got a buddy there watching you, glycogen pills a soda etc.. you should be fine.

diesel21 is offline Member
    i guess... i'm not into that....
    imo your playin with your life, and if u don't need it why do it..... but to each his/her own..

Thread Information