masshole24 is offline Junior Member

low sodium diet?

hello bros/gals

i have a question regarding a low sodium diet, in which my girlfriend has put us both on. what kind of benifits would i get out of this?. the reason for low sodium diet is that she had cancer at the age of nine and with on kidney she cant have alot of sodium in her diet. so to show support of her i choosen to take part in it. so if anyone can help, thanks...

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    hi masshole, im glad to see you are supporting your girlfriend by doing a low-sodium diet. The main benefit from a bodybuilding perspective is the waterweight loss. You should retain less water weight which will help show off them muscles of yours. Anyway, good luck with everything. if you need help with some low sodium foods just ask!

thanks bigdogc, i will be doing a test cycle soon, would hinder anything?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How "low" are we talking? Reason being, low sodium for too long of a period can actually be worse than too much sodium, and I'm serious. I am sure you aren't at under 100mgs or so a day, but sodium is key to muscular growth and works w/potassium/electrolytes/calcium/magnesium, etc., to support growth and to prevent cramping of muscles.

~SC~

thanks swolecat, i definetly trust your opinion. thanks. and as to how low, i have to calculate that.

Thread Information