The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

"Cheat Day" Question

Hey guys, quick question:

I usually have my cheat day 1 day a week--usually on a Saturday, consisting of the following:

1-2 "normal" pro/fat meals
    1 HUGE "sodium cheat" (ie outback steakhouse burgers/fries/wings, pizza/wings, special occasion, party, etc)
    1 HUGE "sweet cheet" (haha, you like how that sounds, right?) (ie ice cream, softbaked cookies, brownies, snickers--you name it, I down it--along with about 25-50g of protein shake--gotta get my protein in)
    ...or if I know I'm going out with the fellas, I subtract one of the cheat meals and replace it with the 2-4 long island ice teas or red bull/vodka drinks I down

I was just wondering if we can still have a cheat day even if we have an "off" week lifting-wise.

My cheat day occurs after a long week (6 days) of practically perfect diet, lifting, and cardio (if I could fit it in). Unfortunately, with my work schedule this week, I really haven't been able to hit the gym as I should. Thusfar (today's Friday), I've only lifted on Monday (back/bis). I must admit, though, that my diet has been flawless. Little carbs since I haven't been lifting. I was planning on banging out a chest/shoulders/tris workout tonight and a leg workout tommorrow.

My question is: Can I just do a leg workout today (since i LOVE cheating the day after legs) and cheat tommorrow, and then start off a regular week of lifting on Sunday OR should I bang out chest/shoulders/tris tonight and legs tommorrow in order to complete a week hitting my full body instead of just half of it (and just cheat on Sunday)?

Thanks bros (and chicks)

Jerzey is offline Member
    I tend to use Sunday as my cheat day, I lift legs Sat. I'm bloated as can be Monday (which is my start for lifting) and I get really good workouts in Monday and Tues (bi's, tri's, chest and back) and cardio too both days.. by wed. I'm hurting and take a break with cardio and abs... etc.

I eat whatever I want Sunday, as much as I want... doesn't really hurt me when I stick to my diet all week, then workout hard. Even if I take a week off lifting, I still keep a cheat day... I'm to the point where I can do it and workout hard the following day or two and it actually benefits me insofar as my workouts, I've also managed to continue to drop bf I think your thyroid needs the shock with a strict diet...

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Cheating isn't really about your work outs it about your diet...so take on every week. Also I'd ditch the 2-4 LI iced teas, I know how good they are but alcohol and cutting is a terrible combo. Esp. considering how much alcohol is in one LI Ice Tea. Increases cortisol, suppresses Test, etc...

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I agree with giantz, alcohol is no good. But do as you will.

I dont do cheat days, just cheat meals. I get much better results when I break it up into 2 bad meals/week, one on Sun morning, the other Wed or Thurs afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    I agree with giantz, alcohol is no good. But do as you will.
    yeah, everybody listen to the BEER BARON, alcohol is no good!! hahahhahaha

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    haha i always get crap for my user name. But in all seriousness I don't drink, I got this name from the T.V. show The Simpsons. I do practice what I preach.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    there is an information center at my gym and beer happened to be in there....it said about 1 beer a week is alright for ya and maybe can benifit ya(obviously not very much)but.....

Thread Information