GirlyGirl is offline Female Member

Question Ultimate Diet-McDonald (lyle) not Mickie D's!!

Hi all-
    Did a search but didn't find much on anyone that has used the Ultimate Diet 2.0 as presented by Lyle McDonald-it's essentially carb cycling and he includes suggested workouts for glycogen depletion, etc. It looks pretty well thought out and researched-I'm probably going to give it a go for a 6-8 week bout. Does anyone have any experience, thoughts or comments on this program?
    Thanks!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I tried that many years ago, and it's somewhat effective, yes. It depends on how well you stick with it, and your ability to change/calculate amounts based upon progress. Through experimentation on my own and with clients, I've found better/easier ways to achieve the desired outcome that many who use that diet are looking for.

~SC~

Thanks SC-
    I sat down today and calculated all the calories, percentages, etc-I put those and the workouts into a Word file so I have it all. It is a little severe-I'm sure I'm going to be a bit of a basket case in the carb depletion stage. I've been doing a more standard "diet", based loosely on the cutting sticky, losing about a pound a week-I decided to cut way back on my cardio (take some time off from my endurance sport) and give this a go...I figured a shock to the system may not be a bd thing...any suggestions from what your experience has shown you?

Bump...anyone else?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    From what I've read it a good diet, Lyle knows his shit....But its very hard to stick to...If you can you should see good success, like SC said. It's def not a great option for everyone and the same results can be obtained other ways.

Started it today-OK so far. I think I'll be able to stick to it pretty well-I'm nothing if not pigheaded. Plus the idea of carb-loading is enough to get me through depletion I think-already thinking about some high carb low fat stuff that I'll be able to eat that I haven't had in a very long time. I was right on with my calories and macro percentages today-thank goodness for FitDay! Thanks for your help!

SABAGOY is offline Junior Member
    UD2.0 is a great diet.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/

Here is a forum that has a UD2.0 section. You should find/findout everything you need here.

Best of luck and stick too it
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-26-2005 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks SabaGoy-I tried but I can't find anyhting except the Anoouncements forum...PM me if I'm doing something wrong.
    Into day 3 of carb depletion-feeling a bit wonky-not used to 50g carbs/day! Feeling OK though abd ready to keep at it.

Never mind, got it. Thanks!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Keep us updated!

I noticed all my typos in my earlier post today-whew! Definitely was wonky then-I really can spell! I've just finished my allotment of carbs for today so this is probably the clearest I'll be. Lost 4 lbs of water in the past 2 days from carb intake about 50g per day-amazing how that happens! Using Fitday really helps me keep an eye on intake, how much to go for the day, etc. so it's easier to make adjustments as needed.

I use fitday too...pretty much everything i eat i put in the custom section...it helps sooo much to keep track...wait till your carb load really ofsets the week . Stay over on that other board cause most people dont know what your going through

Thanks-carb loading today which has been nice-so good to be able to eat some fruit! Thursday I was really feeling the depletion-at least I know I did it right. I'm getting really full really quickly after I eat, I think I'll have a hard time getting ini all the carbs, but that's probably not terrible since my goal is fat loss anyway. I honestly haven't been too impressed with the bodyrecompostion forum-I didn't get much concrete help from posting, just a lot of obnoxious guys. Maybe it gets better-I'll keep an open mind.
    Thanks again!

Yeah I know what you mean with a lot of people on there…Very sarcastic and worthless thread whores hahah …I would be careful on how much fruit you eat and avoid all products with high fructose corn syrup…If you have any Qs I can try to help..not promising any best feel free to PM.

Thanks-I had 1 banana, 1 apple and 1/2 c of blueberries and that's it for the day-I acctually don't eat anything that has high fructose corn syrup ever so that's not a problem...thanks and I'm sure I'll be PM'ing you!

Sounds good...I have been doing UD2.0 for the past 13 weeks...i hate my life but im ripped I have plenty of little tips and tricks to help survive the low... low days.

Thread Information