Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Not too bad, 30 bucks for 30 days, that's good IMO.

http://designersupps.com/static_site/leanxtreme.php

BTW, Designer Sups make top notch products.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Il check it out. Have you tried it yourself?

But of course

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    did it have any sides you noticed(beides lack of cortisol side effects)?

None, friggin great stuff, PCT anyone???

mrclark is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    I doubt you'll get a difinitive answer on the PWO question. Yes some use Dex and yes some use Oats (Prolly not that many but I do ). It really is up to you, if you find that you can make the same gains with oats you did with dex then you can swithc or if the gains just don't compare, then stick with dex. All I have tried to show is that there are current studies that state a low-gi carb souce can be used. It will not fill glycogen as fast but it will still work. In terms of the Pre-Wo drink i think we see this is nessisary to bracket pre and post workout drinks. It could be that pre ends up being more beneficial the post however I'm not quite ready to stop PWO. However when you think about it pre-wo makes alot of sense, seeing that amino's can be directly transported (via exercise/increased bloodflow) striaght to the muscles, very intersting concerpt indeed. My advice would be to experiment, but try to start bracketing fo sure.

I gotchya Giantz I like your approach on spacing the carbs.

From these results, it does seem ideal to bracket perhaps a high GI for

PRE-workout meal : High GI - i.e. dex : prot , @ a 1.5 : 1 ratio )
    PWO : Low GI ( 1/2 cup oats + 50g protein )
    PPWO : Low GI (1/2cup oats of 1/2cup brown rice + protein source - chicken/egg whites - allergic to tuna )

This would be a total of 3 meals right?

-----

Previously, I had on training days used carb intake during the PWO & PPWO times :

100g dex : 50 g protein isolate PWO

1/2 cup rice/oats + some lean meat, no fat for PPWO.

On off days I didn't take in any carbs, except maybe 1hr [carb-pro meal] after fasted AM cardio. Usually the rest of the meals for that daywould be pro(whites/chicken)-fat (i.e. each pro-fat meal will have 1 serving of either full fat mayo/natty pb/udo's flax oil)

Fibrous veggies in 2 meals on both off & on days (i.e. meal 1 & 2)

I really liked these reports backed by good biochemistry results. In Jan '05 I was around 180lbs @ 5'6 ~30%BF, now I'm around ~145lbs ~20%BF maybe - accumeasure thing is annoying. Got onto a weight training program and cardio , 5 meal a day diet.

Came across this forum last month and been reading the stickies and old threads - learned much more than I ever have, and put the diet (5 meals every 2-3hrs, but right combinations pro-fat & carb-pro and training (4day split -each muscle group ever 5-6days ~6-8hrs after cardio) AM cardio (@65% MHR) & Rest on Sunday. Only supplements : multivitamin (centrum) , CEE (allthewhey) & Protein isolate (isopure or allthewhey), calcium (can't drink milk cuz of lactose intolerance, allergic to soy milk) & vitamin C.

Was taking ZMA (3tabs @ night w/ no calcium interference) & glutamine powder (~30g's) , but I found it useless and expensive - thanks to school tuition and books/rent. Don't have access to and didn't want to try an ECA stack.

Gonna start to drink a cup of regular black coffee though prior to cardio - perhaps it'll help or not

Goal is to stay around 140lbs but decrease the BF to maybe 12-14%. Yeah this is going to be interesting now if I cycle in my dex preworkout and pwo , ppwo stuff.

Am I on the right track here to reach my goal? :

~160g's carbs (maybe 30g's less?)

* ~60gs from oats [pwo+ppwo]
    * ~100gs dex [pre-wo])

150-170ish g's protein (more / less?)

*~75g's [25gs PRE-wo + 50g's PWO from isopure isolates +
    * 3 baked chicken breasts don't know sizes
    * 10 eggs boiled or scrambled + 1yolk)

* sucks that I can't eat tuna, I feel that 3 chicken breasts in 1 day is a lot!

~50g's fats (less?)

*only with protein meals , I would take one serving of either
    1 tbs flax oil/ 1tbs full fat mayo/ 2 tbs natty pb - in in 2meals
    *since the pre-wo/pwo/ppwo meals will have carbs, should I up the fat amounts to equal this total or decrease to around ~30gs?

I only have time to get in about 5 meals a day.

Is it too much / little? I never got how many calories I should hold/drop/ increase.

I diidn't want to lose the topic on this thread, but thought this would be helpful for myself and others.... Thanks for your patience and support...

Hey first of all great job on the progress so far....You'll continue to progress as long as you keep at it.

As for the pre workout, you can take the dex before hand but I think it'd be better to get a meal with Low to Mod Gi carbs and pro about 2-3 hours before then just take some BCAA's pre and during your workout. After well that's up to you.

As for the tuna allergy, I don't eat tuna at all and I eat more than just chicken breast, there are plenty of good cuts of meat out there....Flank Steak,Pork Tenderloin, Turkey etc...Don't get bored with just chicken breast.

As for your diet, my eye's really can't focus on your big ass thread LOL.....Figure out your calorie needs (I personally use about 10-11 cals per pound) and go from there. Figure out your meals, you protein, all your macro's. Post it up and I as well as other will be sure to help you out!

rssumme is offline Junior Member
    Giantz,

How much lean extreme do you take? How do you dose it? Do you use any other products from Designer Supplements. I am interested in a review of their R-Ala product. It sounds good but maybe just marketting. Thx in advance.

I Use 3 caps per day. I tried to go up to 5 and I thought my joints were going to die. Cortisol is a natural anti-imflamitory so you do need a bit of it around. Their K-R-ALA product Glucophase XR is top notch from what I've heard and I plan on giving some a try soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information