Thread: dieting

Roids6 is offline New Member

dieting

Hey guys, kind of have a couple questions on dieting, and hope everyone can benefit from these. I am 5'8, 180lb, 19%bf.....ouch. I want to get that down to a lower % before I start bulking again this winter. I am thinking of competing, well it has crossed my mind anyways. I am eating at least 1g per lb bodyweight in protein, carbs at 1g per lb as well, while trying to increase healthy fats. Is this fine? Here are some questions I have for dieting right now to get my bf% down while trying to keep most of the muscle:
    - how much cardio should be done each week and for how long? ( without doing too much, and is it ok to do first thing in the morning before eating?)
    - if I am doing a normal dieting phase, how low can I get my bf%, before having to do a pre-contest diet to get it lower? ( what are the big differences between dieting and pre-contest?)

If there is anywhere I can find really good advice that would be great. Any recomendations on nutritionsts that really know there stuff??
    Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Roids6
    Any recomendations on nutritionsts that really know there stuff??

~SC~

rssumme is offline Junior Member
    Swolecat has the best reputation for giving results. I have not been able to step up yet, but there are alot of folks who swear by his methods. He is quite reasonable in price for what you get in return.

There is a thread down below titled "thanks Swolecat". His avatar says it all. When I hit my plateou on my current cut attempt, I will definately be giving him a call.

WWW.VIZUALXCELLENCE.COM

right on...I am checking the site out now. wow swolecat......looking good
    i just took a personal training course and passed the test, and soon plan on taking a nutritionist course as well, but as I feel I know quite a bit on the subject ( from reading john berardi articles) I still feel it wopuld be easier to pay for it kind of.
    A little info on your diets.
    - do you give an exact diet to follow? Like, do you give a whole days meal plan of how much axactly in grams to eat, of each pro,carb/fat for everyday, are just an outline to flollow.
    Obviously it depends on my stats, of course

I just read about the diets, i see that you give a macronutrient ratio for each meal. do you give a sample food list as well or no
    just because everyone knows pro, carbs, fat arent created equal. Or should we just knwo on our own to stick with fibrous carbs, and low gi carbs etc etc
    with fat and pro as well without going into deatail here.....

??

Thread Information