Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

N/F milk with protein shake? Or water?

I usually use water, because I heard lose the dairy if you wanna stay lean, so I've been doin that for years now. But today I tried with non fat milk, damn soo much better. Will it really effect me to switch it up and use milk with my meal replacement shakes? Does milk really do a body good? What's your opionion?

SOLID

gymnut4u is offline Member
    I have been doing the low fat milk for about 6 months now it is ok just takes time to get used to it ,If I am cutting tho I just use water !

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    yeah i use low fat too tastes a lot better than water but in saying that ive read that if you use milk when it comes time for your night time drink it doesnt break down properly? im sure i read it here. But yeah milk is good, give the body a shock and use full cream lol good way to bulk.

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i use half 2% milk and half water. i find it tastes better with the milk and is a little creamier, but if i use all milk its way too thick.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of it has to do with the brand and type of protien you are buying. Whey protien is dairy, by definition.

Anyone on a low carb diet or with a lactose intollerance would do very well to avoid low fat milk at all costs. I find that it you can find it, Protien by Design by ANSI tastes great with water. Its naturally rich and creamy.

design by ANSI huh, where do you get yours...what flavors?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I get mine from a little shop on West 4th Street. When buying it on the net try:

http://www.affordablesupplements.com..._by_design.asp

They sell two lbs of it for $17.95 and the shipping cost is very reasonable too.

It comes in Vanilla and Chocolate.

Oh yes, there was something else I wanted to mention because I don't know how may other people do this. When I make a protien drink I use one scoop of protien mix, four ice cubes and about one half a cup of water. I mix it at high speed in a blender. They com out with the texture and almost replicate the flavor of a McDonalds chocolate frappe. If you have never tried them thi way I would strongly reccomend that you do.
    Last edited by beenie; 03-18-2002 at 03:40 PM.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    i dunno about anyone else but the ptotein i take is really low in cals. So taking it with skim milk is really low in calories. It also only calls for like 4 - 8 ounces of milf. So if i have ttwo scoops in six ounces of skim milk its almost no cals.. maybe no more then 200 230.. the most.

xenithon is offline Member
    darkknight - one problem though is that many ppl including I try to watch calories quite strictly, and considering protein shakes can often be used anywhere from 2 to 5 times a day, the culmination of those extra 500+ calories from shakes wit milk make a big difference. IMHO, water just hope we can find protein shakes which dont taste like barf

2tuff4you is offline New Member
    I go half Soy Vanilla and half water w/ Simply Whey by EAS

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I use skim milk but if you are being strict with diet water is much better, take a look on the milk label for sugar content, pretty high and will lessen your reduction in body fat %.

ok who brought this thread back to life?

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    wold it matter if you have one shake with milk with breakfast 2 scoops optinum choco mint

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    lol.

depends on goals xzoom. every bodybuilder ive ever spoken to preaches that no dairy is the only way to get really lean and cut, It's up to you, if you just wanna be massive, shit...drink like 2 gallons of milk a day. But if you are trying to stay lean, just use water.

i loev IronTek's Vanilla Cake , best taste IMO. Isopure is great too, as well as EAS Simply Whey-Vanilla.

yeah sersiously this thread was form like 3 months ago. Just goe to show you the power of AR

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    lol.

depends on goals xzoom. every bodybuilder ive ever spoken to preaches that no dairy is the only way to get really lean and cut, It's up to you, if you just wanna be massive, shit...drink like 2 gallons of milk a day. But if you are trying to stay lean, just use water.

i loev IronTek's Vanilla Cake , best taste IMO. Isopure is great too, as well as EAS Simply Whey-Vanilla.
    yea pump you are right ...your lucky i love eating and love protein shakes wen they are mixed with skim milk......isopure orange creamsicle add i lil packet of half and half and you will taste the best shake eva inmy opinion,.......if i mix my shake with i cup ofapplejuice and 1 tablespoon honey is that a good postworkout shake even while cutting of is that too many high gi carbs?

alevok Guest
    If you are on a cutting cycle you definately use water instead of milk cause milk retains water in your body, that simple

wow thanks alevok. i did not know that

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    If I am trying to really lean up..I use water to make my shakes..if I am trying to bulk I use skim milk. The reason is....too much sugar and carbs in milk when trying to diet down. So it really depends on you and what you are trying to achieve.

nyteen27 is offline Junior Member
    I am a fan of milk but am switching to water.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I would go with water.

Thread Information